BraindeadVN

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2022
So I've chosen every option there is and the character menu still has the first scene from Dr. Mizuki, Pvt. Cheryl, and Pvt. Bianca locked. What am I doing wrong?
Hey, sorry about that - you did all the content and did everything correctly, I just cocked up the way those initial foreplay scenes get flagged for the gallery. I have a fix on the go, just want to make sure it all works 100% before uploading mirrors and all that!

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
Hey, sorry about that - you did all the content and did everything correctly, I just cocked up the way those initial foreplay scenes get flagged for the gallery. I have a fix on the go, just want to make sure it all works 100% before uploading mirrors and all that!
Cool, good to know it isn't my fault lol

• Red Heart
Reactions: BraindeadVN

BraindeadVN

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2022

Hello all!

Hope everyone's week has been going well! For today's update, I am just sharing a rough mockup of how I will approach the more long-winded plot portions and dialogue.

As I am still in the Storyboarding and Script portion I thought I would share how I will address certain criticisms and concerns regarding exposition, long dialogue scenes, and so forth.

As Cybil is kindly demonstrating, if / when a worldbuilding or plot developing element in the story would appear, players will now have an option to select how invested they want to be in the story. This will essentially amount to the option of how I would normally write and present the story, an abridged version of it (mileage may vary depending on how much info would be provided, but it will be demonstrably shorter than the normal dialogue), and the option to skip everything at risk of not being able to follow relevant details later on (but for what it's worth, I understand that some players are looking for "plot" instead of plot - and there's a lot of it!).

I think this approach will satisfy future Chapters, as I am not actively removing content I would like to retain, and it generally will not create more work as I am pairing down content that I would have already produced anyways. It also works with how I would like to create the game, and while I am not going to be winning any Hugo Awards soon, I am hopeful to become better as I develop the game and learn from experience.

For where we are now, I am expecting Storyboarding and Scripting to continue for another couple weeks, but in the interim (or if I hit a little writer's block) I can always pivot to Scenes and begin working on the environments, lighting, posing, and so forth. The goal is to have a productive week regardless of what phase it is currently in.

For long term, I would like to have Chapter 2 in everyone's hands by mid-August, so that will be the goal I am actively working towards. If that needs adjustments at any point, I will always post ahead of time and let everyone know where we are in the development cycle.

With that, I have some dialogue to write, so I will see everyone next week!

HeathenFilth

Jan 10, 2022
Hyped! Excited for the update.

[...] As Cybil is kindly demonstrating, if / when a worldbuilding or plot developing element in the story would appear, players will now have an option to select how invested they want to be in the story. [...]
Me and the 'Long Version' button will have a long and lasting relationship, I'd imagine.

• Red Heart

Excedrinboy

Oct 16, 2019

Hello all!

Hope everyone's week has been going well! For today's update, I am just sharing a rough mockup of how I will approach the more long-winded plot portions and dialogue.

As I am still in the Storyboarding and Script portion I thought I would share how I will address certain criticisms and concerns regarding exposition, long dialogue scenes, and so forth.

As Cybil is kindly demonstrating, if / when a worldbuilding or plot developing element in the story would appear, players will now have an option to select how invested they want to be in the story. This will essentially amount to the option of how I would normally write and present the story, an abridged version of it (mileage may vary depending on how much info would be provided, but it will be demonstrably shorter than the normal dialogue), and the option to skip everything at risk of not being able to follow relevant details later on (but for what it's worth, I understand that some players are looking for "plot" instead of plot - and there's a lot of it!).

I think this approach will satisfy future Chapters, as I am not actively removing content I would like to retain, and it generally will not create more work as I am pairing down content that I would have already produced anyways. It also works with how I would like to create the game, and while I am not going to be winning any Hugo Awards soon, I am hopeful to become better as I develop the game and learn from experience.

For where we are now, I am expecting Storyboarding and Scripting to continue for another couple weeks, but in the interim (or if I hit a little writer's block) I can always pivot to Scenes and begin working on the environments, lighting, posing, and so forth. The goal is to have a productive week regardless of what phase it is currently in.

For long term, I would like to have Chapter 2 in everyone's hands by mid-August, so that will be the goal I am actively working towards. If that needs adjustments at any point, I will always post ahead of time and let everyone know where we are in the development cycle.

With that, I have some dialogue to write, so I will see everyone next week!
Hmm, I get the whole long version short version skip options. You might consider just having the long version and a skip option. And then put the short version in a "journal" or notebook or something. Cause generally people fall into two categories with that stuff, either they're interested in the story, or they're not. I'm not sure how lore and dialogue heavy the game is expected to be, but if there are a lot of names and plot points zipping around, it could be handy to be able to look back at an abridged version of what has happened so far, especially when you come back after a while for a new update and can't quite remember what important things have happened. Just my two cents as I popped back in for the update and can't remember exactly what happened, and I'm one of those story folks, so I'm having to start over. Great job so far!

BraindeadVN

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2022
Hmm, I get the whole long version short version skip options. You might consider just having the long version and a skip option. And then put the short version in a "journal" or notebook or something. Cause generally people fall into two categories with that stuff, either they're interested in the story, or they're not. I'm not sure how lore and dialogue heavy the game is expected to be, but if there are a lot of names and plot points zipping around, it could be handy to be able to look back at an abridged version of what has happened so far, especially when you come back after a while for a new update and can't quite remember what important things have happened. Just my two cents as I popped back in for the update and can't remember exactly what happened, and I'm one of those story folks, so I'm having to start over. Great job so far!
That's... a pretty good suggestion! I will need to mull over it a bit and play around with how best to potentially include something like this long-term. I think it makes sense given how spaced apart the content is (something I am working on), so for people following from the start it's sort of picking up a book and trying to figure out what happened months ago.

When put like that, I'm starting to think a journal with Chapter highlights might be worth looking into. The tricky part is how thorough and in-depth it would be in terms of player decisions and choices, or if it should be just a quick overview of the characters and essential plot beats. Decisions, decisions!

BraindeadVN

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2022

Hello all!

For this week's update there isn't a huge amount to cover. I am chipping away at Dialogue, Storyboard, and Scenes - but I did receive an interesting suggestion that I am very much considering for this update.

In lieu of the three tier option for dialogues, one potential option would be a 'skip' option and the normal dialogue as intended; however, for those who may choose to skip there will be a Journal available which will have the short-form recaps instead.

To do this I will need to pop the hood in the Coding side of things, but with how I currently have the game set, there likely won't be a need to replay from scratch. What I would like to do is have something that matches the events a player has done, and if they need a refresher on what is going on storywise and keeping track of characters/events, it would be a quick reminder rather than replaying all over again.

Regardless of how I do the Skip / Short Version / Long Version dialogue, I do definitely want to have a journal option available at some point (sooner than later would be nice, and easier to manage too!)

For the chopping block this week, I would like to start getting more renders done (Scenes), as well as tinkering a little with the Code to suss out a nice way to do the journal option.

Until then, I hope everyone had a great a week, and has an even better upcoming week!

stickypicky

Apr 13, 2020
Will there ever be like any Female dominance scenes? like just a Breast smother or something Similar in the future chapters?

BraindeadVN

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2022
Will there ever be like any Female dominance scenes? like just a Breast smother or something Similar in the future chapters?
Breast smothering and such will be coming soon! The next chapter will feature characters influenced by the Seven Sins, so one of them will be a dommy mommy - which one it is will be a mystery for now!

BraindeadVN

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2022

Hello all!

For this week I have been busy rendering Scenes and setting up some of the things I will need to do for the Coding side of things. As mentioned in the last update, Dialogue and Storyboarding are an ongoing thing so I have been working away at those as well. It was a fairly low-key week with no major hitches, and I will be rendering non-stop more or less until the next Chapter release.

To give a little backstory on where things may be heading, we left off with our MC being whisked away from the clutches of Earth Force and their orbital ship. From what MC can understand, it has been some time since a supposed cataclysm, and all men in existence have... vanished!? Moreover, it also appears they are using him for a battery source to fuel their ship! What in the world...

In an unexpected turn of events, a demonic intruder has kidnapped our MC and he finds himself at the feet of a familiar face - the witch Cybil, who failed to prevent Lysa from executing the forbidden ritual. Maybe she can finally tell MC what is going on?!

It appears that she and this big red demon are in cahoots... will MC get the answers he is looking for, or is he just another pawn in a confusing game?

That's all for this week! Stay safe all, and have fun!

Joyous

Jun 21, 2018
I was excited about the game when the original demo was out and then learned their was finally an update, but now I see that the MC is tall and muscle bound. Is this the way he's going to stay?

BraindeadVN

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2022
I was excited about the game when the original demo was out and then learned their was finally an update, but now I see that the MC is tall and muscle bound. Is this the way he's going to stay?
Yes, the story moving from Chapter 1 onwards will have the new MC appearance.

BraindeadVN

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2022

Hello all!
I hope everyone had a good week! For today's update, it is a bit of the same - lots of rendering and Scenes, Storyboard, and Dialogue. One thing that I was thinking to be helpful for not only myself, but people following the project is my rough to-do list that will shrink as development progresses. As a general idea, and in no particular order here is still what is on the menu:
  • Assets / Thumbnails (for gallery and scene selection!)
  • Gallery Setup (Replay function for Chapter 2)
  • Journal and UI (Suggestion for keeping track of the story as the game gets longer!)
  • New Chapter Splash Screen! (Video editing, and teasing / previewing new characters /upcoming content)
  • Dialogue / Decision Tree / Variables
  • Renders / Posing /Animation / H-Scenes
  • Profile Pages / Profile Page Updates to match Chapter Content (?)
  • Editing Video / Loops
  • Music Selection and SFX
  • Prepare Bonus Content selection screen (for polling after Chapter 2 release; more on this later!)
  • Reward Planning (I'd like to spice things up a bit, and do maybe things like Image Sequences plus Pinup Wallpapers and so forth)
For this Chapter 2 Update there will be 8 characters Featured:
  • Cybil (from Prologue)
  • The Seven Sins (Wrath, Pride, Gluttony, Sloth, Envy, Greed, Lust)
All characters are planned to have the same amount or more h-content when compared to Chapter 1 Content
Overall Bust Sizes will be noticeably larger than Chapter 1 too!
As progress continues I'll have some more details on what is finished, close to done, and in the works - but I aim on having a Mid-August release to keep on track with the 4-month release cycle.
Thanks again!

BraindeadVN

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2022
Hello all!

Hi all,
It's that time again! For this week we are still chipping along with Scenes, and making some good progress. With the previous release (Chapter 1), there were approximately 950 animated renders across the entirety of the chapter - this is ideally a number I would like to meet again for this upcoming Chapter 2!

I am also looking to keep this release as size-friendly as possible too, but I have a hunch that this release will be a little bit bigger on that end (I feel that this particular chapter will be very cinematic in appearance and have a lot of visual complexity across scenes and events!)

I would also like to begin releasing the featured character information for Chapter 2! Every week I will again be releasing a small blurb with some profile details and measurement stats!

To kick things off, we have the lovely Astaroth of the Seven Sins! She is an absolute unit, and much like anyone, enjoys a nice nap more often than not!

With that, business as usual - but I will likely have a small delay on the weekly update for the first week of July (likely to be done evening of the 2nd or mid afternoon of the 3rd!)

Until next week - stay safe, have fun!

3.90 star(s) 22 Votes