PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
Still have to address the Hanged Man's loot table, ensuring that he drops the key. Also still have to fix maps.
BUT aside from those things... here is the latest testing build.

*removed because I am an idiot*

Last edited:

ShamsElden

Nov 13, 2018
Still have to address the Hanged Man's loot table, ensuring that he drops the key. Also still have to fix maps.

Mega
going to test it now i hope that will fix the black screen when im trying to get out of the cleffts :D

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017

Mega
Found a bug, after the game start, in the main screen (new game/loadgame/etc) i cannot click anywhere. Also you have plans to have multiple saves? or only the autosave?

Reactions: ShamsElden

ShamsElden

Nov 13, 2018
i found the Save Location and it is at ( C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\LocalLow\Punching Donut Games\Book of Korvald) because i saw some one was asking about the Save Location before, so i just make copy of the save in case i get buged or something so i dont lose it again

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
Yeah I goofed on the title screen notice. Patching this now, stand by...

Patched build is uploading now. I also went ahead and fixed the prison key loot on Hanged Man while I was at it.

I'll post the link in just a minute or two.

Last edited:

Seido

Jun 17, 2017
Something is weird with the west bell tower. On the 3rd rope up, something is keeping me from moving up. By the way, is it also leading to Magda?

EDIT: So where the hell do I find the water spirit? I found her in the caves but I don't have a clue where the riddle she gives is suppose to be.

EDIT 2: Okay... after bringing Kara to the Iron Abbey, if I talk to her she just says, "You have to leave. Therese is waiting for me... but there is no option to leave.

Last edited:

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
Something is weird with the west bell tower. On the 3rd rope up, something is keeping me from moving up. By the way, is it also leading to Magda?

EDIT: So where the hell do I find the water spirit? I found her in the caves but I don't have a clue where the riddle she gives is suppose to be.

EDIT 2: Okay... after bringing Kara to the Iron Abbey, if I talk to her she just says, "You have to leave. Therese is waiting for me... but there is no option to leave.
The bell tower rope bug will be fixed in today's build. At the top of that tower is another belfry that contains a new artifact.
Fixed the Kara dialog in the abbey, again this will be in today's build.

Once you have the Laguz (Water) rune from Nerthus, you want to head back to the prison and find this underwater door.

Screenshot 2021-02-16 075939.png
Be sure to have the rune active (meaning just have it selected in the book menu) or you will drown.

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
is haniel in the game yet?
I just noticed this question. No not yet. This release (0.1.0) that I am trying to finish now has all of the boss fight mechanics that needed to be in place before I could get her added. So expect to finally be able to fight her in 0.2.0.
BeNotAfraid.gif

• Love
Reactions: lnppo

Seido

Jun 17, 2017
The bell tower rope bug will be fixed in today's build. At the top of that tower is another belfry that contains a new artifact.
Fixed the Kara dialog in the abbey, again this will be in today's build.

Once you have the Laguz (Water) rune from Nerthus, you want to head back to the prison and find this underwater door.

View attachment 1039609
Be sure to have the rune active (meaning just have it selected in the book menu) or you will drown.
1. Sweet. Also, for some reason, map doesn't work in the Cathedral.

2. Where is the Rune? I didn't get it... I manage to do the door in the prison, got the rune and died. It's a rune that deals damage using space from other dimensions, right?

timmys666

Jul 8, 2017
with the ability to tame phantoms and have kara as a follower will there be a page in the book to summon previously "tamed" creatures would be great to have a list of followers to summon at your beck and call.(with maybe the option to redo the follower initiation if u get my drift)

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
with the ability to tame phantoms and have kara as a follower will there be a page in the book to summon previously "tamed" creatures would be great to have a list of followers to summon at your beck and call.(with maybe the option to redo the follower initiation if u get my drift)
There are still mechanics that I need to work out for this but yes. Eventually I would like to also have mini-game type things to do with your "recruits". Stuff like sending them to distant areas to scout for items, or fight for gold in gladiator battles. I also had some ideas for a sort of dating type mechanic that I thought would be fun and bizarre given the circumstances. I imagined it would be interesting and probably pretty funny if Korvald took his eldritch corrupted ladies on dates. I wrote a few samples of what that dialog would look like and laughed myself to sleep. I have to keep my sick sense of humor in check most of the time.

One of the very first ideas I sketched when dreaming this story up, was to eventually have Korvald claim the cathedral as his own home after destroying the archbishop. I would have a deep basement area open up at that point to serve as his "harem" to revisit any sex scenes. Basically, what you now see as the gallery would become an in-game location that serves the same purpose, but would be more immersive.

timmys666

Jul 8, 2017
There are still mechanics that I need to work out for this but yes. Eventually I would like to also have mini-game type things to do with your "recruits". Stuff like sending them to distant areas to scout for items, or fight for gold in gladiator battles. I also had some ideas for a sort of dating type mechanic that I thought would be fun and bizarre given the circumstances. I imagined it would be interesting and probably pretty funny if Korvald took his eldritch corrupted ladies on dates. I wrote a few samples of what that dialog would look like and laughed myself to sleep. I have to keep my sick sense of humor in check most of the time.

One of the very first ideas I sketched when dreaming this story up, was to eventually have Korvald claim the cathedral as his own home after destroying the archbishop. I would have a deep basement area open up at that point to serve as his "harem" to revisit any sex scenes. Basically, what you now see as the gallery would become an in-game location that serves the same purpose, but would be more immersive.
some times a sick sense of humor is whats needed in these games honestly i kinda like the direction it is going and having weird shit happen would only be kinda justified giving the world the lore and the circumstances

Reactions: PunchingDonut

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
Since I'm currently softlocked, can you check and see if I have the rune? If not, then there is a bug.
After doing some investigating, I found a bug in her dialog that was preventing anyone from getting that rune. This issue is fixed in the next build which I will be posting in just a few minutes.

ALSO

Since you guys are trying the testing builds out. There is one thing you can do only in a test build that may help.

Open an in-game console with the "/" key.
Type in one of the following commands and hit enter.

loot get all available runes and a crapload of gear.
god invincible and at permanent full urge.
gallery unlock all available gallery scenes.
dismiss dismiss your current combat ally.
level [0-99] set your current level.

These cheats are really meant just to be able to test multiple things quickly so it is unavailable in the public release. Unless you are one of my patrons, they get a custom build that includes all cheats (should they want to use them).

4.10 star(s) 13 Votes