Wolf RPG - Completed - Brave Alchemist Colette [v1.05 JAST] [Acerola/Kagura Games]

1. 3.00 star(s)

hisbiltus

This game does a lot of things right, the other reviews cover them nicely.
    But something that pissed me off, I mean seriously pissed me off. Is that if you're doing a slutty playthrough (which everyone does right?) then you get locked into a bad ending *that ends the game early*. This lock happens a full chapter *before* you get the forced bad ending. So basically, unless you're a really meticulous saver, and keep a bunch of really old saves, you have to start again if you want to see the last two chapters.
    This really soured what was otherwise a brilliant game, I'm just baffled that such a glaring design flaw slipped in there. This lock is avoidable by lowering your Karma below 90 before the end of Chapter 5 (according to guides).
  2. 5.00 star(s)

checkker

The game is fun and worth 5 stars, especially compared to other highly rated games here, but of course it has it's flaws.

It's too easy. It's way too easy! From the moment that the mc becomes slutty, the sex combat mechanic completely breaks the game. Like the mc can damage mp an order of magnitude higher than what the ennemies have and "sex stun" them for 4 turns? Really? I played 75% of the game with ennemies unable to even touch one of my characters.

I ended up not even using most of my xp (because you need to manualy level up), never had to use any item during combat. My characters have ton of high level magic or special attacks that I never used because the low cost one can one-shot ennemies anyway. I had so much time killing (sex stun) ennemies that I don't even bother using magic with my magic users and they end up using normal attacks.

So why 5 stars? Because everything else is very good.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

efninetyfivezone

One of the best H-RPG's out there IMHO, and definitely in my top 3 (and I've played an unhealthy number of them). There's corruption. There's plenty of outfits. There are a ton of scenes. The combat, gameplay, and crafting systems all have enough depth that even without H content it could be considered a decent RPG in its own right. If you enjoyed Treasure Hunter Claire, this is by the same people but with a bunch of QoL improvements.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

kagez

Really good. I like it even just as a game aside from H stuff (which is baked in, not just tacked on). Worth supporting, imo.

Nice concept, and for these kinds of games, a nice crafting system, characters, quests, etc. I mean it's still clear what kind of engine it's running on, but it's a quality example of it I think.

Not sure what more to say while keeping it short, and not wanting to get out into the weeds sounding pretentious or something talking about context and going far enough without going too far or over the top or so on. (eg. sometimes skimpy beats nude, using a bit of spice and not just eating a plate full of it, or so on)
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Acropolis

If you're coming here after playing what is basically the prequel (Treasure Hunter Claire), you may be a tad disappointed, considering this is a more recent Acerola release.

Don't get me wrong, it still retains all the things that made the prequel great: It just feels like an inferior version (though perhaps this is because it's essentially a reskin, and doesn't bring anything new to the table. Not much different than Ubisoft's "Far Cry" series in that regard).

The characters are likeable, but I still preferred the cast of the first game. The plot does feel a tad subpar (the usual Demon Lord spiel), but overall I still enjoyed my time with it.

The quests and alchemy "alcumy" were engaging and doesn't leave you getting bored of the game. And of course, you get a plethora of endings based on your actions/quest progress in-game.

The combat full of ero-attacks (both from enemy and MC) is fun. Though I don't understand why they didn't reuse the battle sex animations from the former game. Here, you just get CG cut ins. Which does break the immersion to an extent, but didn't make the game any less enjoyable for me at least.

Bottom line:
    Fans of this circle and those who've played TH Claire will enjoy the familiar formula even if said formulas are reused. Those who haven't played the aforementioned game are in for a treat, and I would HIGHLY recommend playing this game first!
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Fidzius

[v1.04 JAST]

Games that are more or less based on corruption / progress towards indecency should have some sort of curve, but note here. Why?

Since there are no human enemies (to give you cum in battle) you MUST prostitute yourself just to be able to gather enough resources for quest requirements. Similar grind applies to a few more in-town NPCs.

That same grind turns your shame to 0, making the its existence worthless.

That same grind makes every outfit worthless, since being nude (shame 5 or less) boosts your stats the most and for any measure for what might be enhanced clothing (birthday suit can't be upgraded) that would require even more grind.

So most scenes that have options for each set of clothing and their damages states (that are lazily bound to HP%) go to waste.

So even thought the art is good, the game in my eyes is not.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

冷雾

Bottom line: Brave Alchemist Collete is average H-game, but in a good way.

For its brevity and generally smooth experience, average good should mean worth the time.

That said, if you feel the game is getting repetitive at whatever stage -- and likely you will towards the end, it is not worth pursuing the last CGs. That will be a natural point to use full save instead. CG gallery has endings in the off chance you will care.

--------------------

Quick specs of the game first:
    • Probably takes >8hr to see ending; ~6hr to exhaust most content.
      I do recommend stopping when you feel repetitive and use the full save for the remaining CGs. The last mile is not quite worth it.
    • Game is easy. Grinding is not required
    • H-scenes with protagonist is mostly voiced. VA is average.
    • Art is average.
      Maybe a little above average.
    • Probably ~30-40 main CGs and each has numerous variations.
      Some variations feel like natural progressions in game; others feel repetitive. The different clothes generally feel distinct in styles.
    • There is an alchemy/synthesis system that player can use to progress the game

The alchemy system is as one may expect: gather materials from maps, which are gated by story progression -> synthesize items to fulfill quests and get stronger, which in turn progresses the story.

Synthesis is two tier. Materials -> Items. Two tier means: you never have intermediate items that can also be used as further materials.

Later maps -> more advanced materials -> more advanced items.

("Story" should technically be in quotation marks for how barebone the story telling is.)
    • A clothing system and a shame system intertwine to a) unlock H-scenes, b) help player get stronger in order to progress to later maps
    • The player is almost always well oriented in the game, such that spontaneous exploration in the game world will progress the story.
    • Story almost exists; writing almost exists
    • Human-monster sex are common
    • Some H-scenes can be considered as queer
    ---------------------

I said quick specs first because I usually like to actually list point forms and then elaborate a bit. As it turns out for Brave Alchemist Colette, there is not much else to elaborate on.

Brave Alchemist Colette is an overall slightly above average H-game. It is average in the H aspect. It is also average in the game aspect.

Let me take some pain in explaining this averageness.

Art work in Colette never feels rush. However, nothing is particularly detailed, apart from the protagonist's hair, which is slightly detailed. (ok, poking fun aside, to be fair, good work is done to to make facial expressions detailed.) The game is ambitious in having at least 4 female characters (some are maybes) and thus the associated designs. Perhaps due to the number of characters, variety of CGs per character is very limited.

The voice acting itself is a bit above average but scripting is not particularly well tailored to scenes.

Average (but not rushed) art and decent VA (but only occasional, and also mediocre scripting) are then used to help create rather vanilla sex scenes. Average again.

Some (optional) bonding events occur among the characters. They are simplistic and sometimes contrived. You will most likely skip over the writing and jump straight to the mini-games and CGs. Apart for these bonding events, however, there is basically no more story writing. The context building for H-scenes are also very minimal.

The H-scenes are thus not at all that creative, nor impactful. The BGM gives it away -- it is the same light music across all scenes -- not to be taken too seriously.

And so, mostly, things are average, yet in a good way: everything is successfully put together.

On top of executing in all departments, the devs are clearly well accustomed to designing games such that the player is oriented through the story progression smoothly and there are almost no UI hitches. That helps push the game to above average.

Alchemy is a key theme. At least it is supposed to be.

I wish the alchemy system would be more endearing. But it is probably best left simplistic as is. The thing is, for the player to feel invested to the synthesis system, it needs to be deep and needs to be deeply integrated into the core game mechanics and story progression. For there to be depth though, necessarily, there needs to be more gameplay in between H-scenes. There needs to be character development for the player to feel attached to the characters and possibly the world they are in. There needs to be careful writings to build mood, or humor, or drama, etc, or combination of. There may need to be elaborate CGs that are costly to make.

Think about the Atelier series. Imagine H-scenes for them. (Maybe mix Totori's story and Ayesha's character designs.) That'd be great. Would also be a much much more ambitious undertaking with uncertain audience prospects.

Therefore, instead, the alchemy system needs to be simple -- less it stands in the way of fast progression through the game's stages. And so the alchemy aspect barely leaves an impression. Even though, it is there; and it is used (as long as player approaches the game spontaneously).

Instead of a game mechanic that offers an experience in itself, alchemy in Brave Alchemist Colette is more of a unique excuse for the H-elements. (needing semen to perform alchemy.) And however barebone, the mechanics helps setting Brave Alchemist Colette apart from its peers and helps it feel fresh. For that matter, even though it is hard to savour the alchemy system, I think the alchemy aspect is average -- successfully average.

Other game mechanics are simple and functional -- mostly well streamlined. (Anything less than streamlined is likely optional for the purpose of plot progression and unlocking H-scenes.) I should address the balance issue. Yes, it is possible to circumvent most of the game content if you b-line to study the shame system and the clothe system and work to increase your combat power asap and identify the bosses that gate story progressions ("story") and beat them asap. The question is: will you? Or would you rather approach the game as it is presented to you -- ignoring the fine prints at first and instead explore spontaneously? If you do the latter, the balance won't be an issue. You will still experience the synthesis system. Combat difficulty will be diminished quickly -- you don't need to precisely combine certain items or moves or whatever else to beat a difficult boss. You will thus maintain pace in progression. Yet, the difficulty is not trivialized instantly -- the gating boss(es) will get you into the habit of exploring the quest system because, at a well chosen point, it forces you to. Thus, I think the balance is attained. And the game mechanics work. Albeit, not spectacularly. Average again.

(Though if you have played other Acelo games -- I have not, you may be inclined to not explore spontaneously and instead b-line the shame system. In that case, now you know you should be back to spontaneous exploration for this title..)

So, I touched on the specs; talked about its overall averageness; talked about its selling point -- the alchemy system, which is also average; addressed balance issues raised in other reviews. (Well written review(s), I gave them thumb-up.)

The last thing remaining is to talk about scoring.

Brave Alchemist Colette is more of a 3.5/5 than 3/5 type of game. But to put it at 4/5, it would then have the same score as some very good games that might be lacking in some aspects -- and that's common due to the low budget nature of H-games. For concreteness, I'll give an example. I'd be happy to give 4/5 to Ordeal of Princess Eris for its art quality, unique level system, and the lewdness in its diverse scenes; but being not voiced and grindy, among other things, definitely pulls it away from 5/5, which should be reserved for games that achieve greatness in some ways, where any weaknesses are far outweighed by accomplishments. (Lilitales would be one such example.) Brave Alchemist Colette, on the other hand, does not have such highlights that convince me to describe the game as "very good".

3/5 is also a bit inappropriate because it scores the same with many other average games. Games like Sonia and the Hypnotic City is decisively average but is still in an enjoyable way. Hence they should get more stars than half. Except, Brave Alchemist Colette is quite a bit more elaborate. This awkwardness is also related to the fact that we actually only have 4 scores to use -- zero is not available. And so a score tier, such as 2/5, is needed for the average bad, in order to be apart from the extreme bare boned or the terrible at 1/5.

At the end, I settled at 3/5 for Brave Alchemist Colette. The number of stars still looks positive at 3. While the game is among the better 3/5-ers, I'll just say rounding happened.

It is also nice to counter-balance the over glowing reviews that, collectively, are either far fetched in their praises or assessed averageness yet gave scores of greatness.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Ackillez

Colette is here to show you a good time!

No, seriously, that's the TL;DR here. Brave Alchemist Colette is just on the whole an enjoyable experience. The art is good, the main characters are fairly well developed, plenty of scenes including variants dependent on character state/kinks, voice acting, and the dungeoneering/crafting is fairly involved for the genre.

It's not a particularly hard game and the balance does fall apart when you lean into the lewd stuff in combat such as sex attacks and running around naked. All the same, there was enough stuff here to keep me interested while exploring the other content.

Nothing here is revolutionary, and at times the quests do feel like a grind, but it's a nice, solid package of fun. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I think you will too.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Diconica

The art work is fairly good in quality a bit limited in quantity.
    If you pay attention there really isn't that many different scenes. Images are reused over again and again. In fact many images were created using a base image of the character and then slightly modifying them.

Out side of that the game has a fairly decent story line.
    There is a fairly large crafting system which is actually useful to the greater extent.
    The quests add different little side stories and so on to the main story. Which isn't bad.

This is at least one game I can say the author took his time thinking about how things fit together. It might not be prefect but compared to so many games on this site it is a breath of fresh air.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Gianny_Molinari

Brave Alchemist Colette is a game by Acerola at Kagura Games in which the protagonist, Colette who studies with her teacher, Priscilla, to become an alcumy, a new type of alchemist who creates objects through the use of sperm. One day Priscilla decides to give Colette a studio of hers for some and the teacher goes around investigating certain events. Colette finds herself with her new job and will have to help people through various missions and crafting new items. This game was really a lot of fun as it was very varied. The main storyline is very simple and straightforward and also ends quite quickly, but there are various side missions to carry out, missions in which you will increase the bond with your teammates not to mention the completism in crafting all the objects present in game. Brave Alchemist Colette is a game that knows how to perfectly entertain, make you laugh, interesting challenges and an always excellent character design. A game that I recommend!
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Iexist

Before getting into the actual rating of the game, there's one thing that needs to be explained from the get-go. This is an Acerola game, and most of their games come in two formats that have been used for quite a while now. One is the NTR focus games, which I generally don't bother with, and the other is the fantasy RPG game with a protagonist (or more) that needs to do lewd stuff and collect cum for some convoluted reason that more often than not is treated pretty humorously.

Brave Alcumist Colette is from that RPG series of games, and it has several of the same elements that exist in Acerola games of this type for a long time. They were present in Treasure Hunter Claire, they were present in Demon Queen Melissa, they're present in the next iteration with the Blonde Tidy mages I can't remember the name off right now, and they were present in at least two more examples that I won't bother naming. While Acerola has certainly been expanding their system, stories and mechanics, some things will definitely be familiar from the get-go to anyone who's played these sort of games before.

So let's start with that. The things that you'll recognize from a bunch of other Acerola games:
    0) MC gets raped/fucked at the start of the game: Yes, it's not possible to do a virgin run in these games. The very idea is ludicrous. All of these types of Acerola games have an opening scene that has the MC(s) gets fucked and establishes the importance of collecting cum. Melissa had a demon-gang-bang. TH Claire had that futa goddess thing, the "sequel" has a succubus. Etc. Needless to say, all OTHER female characters in the game are not virgins for whatever reasons.

1) The need for cum. As the name itself implies, cum is important as part of the story. In this case, it's literally part of Colette's chosen profession. Like in previous games, it's useful for leveling up outfits, which in turn grants you skills, both erotic or otherwise, that you can use in combat. Unlike Demon Queen Melissa, it's not the sole XP system, so it doesn't completely monopolize the game. This separation was added in TH Claire, and it remains to be seen if it will stick around or not.

2) Lust and sluttiness mechanic: Colette and all female party members have these two stats. In Colette's case, the latter is divided in "dom" and "sub". Lust comes and goes easily, and is a measure of how "in the mood" a character is, while slutiness is a measure of how kinky they are overall. The higher the value, the more willing they are to do kinkier things or to enjoy things they otherwise wouldn't.

3) Heat mechanic: Once slutiness is maxed out (in Colette's case it doesn't matter if it's dom, sub, or both), and when Lust is at max (1000), a character can go into heat, or Perv mode as it's called in this iteration. In this mode, the character can literally fuck most NPCs just by talking to them, triggering a sprite-sex scene, they gain heart-eyes, and dialog in all sex scenes becomes generally sluttier. Colette's depends on whether she's in dom or sub mode, other characters depend on their predisposition. There's also a bit of a stat-penalty in combat, but it doesn't seem to be significant enough to matter.

4) Easy and Unbalanced Combat: The game is made for the sake of enabling smut. The battles are an excuse to allow for in-combat rape with obvious options to not resist said rape (and characters in heat clearly enjoy it). As such, like previous iterations, the path to true strength is not by grinding xp and upgrading equipment, but rather, through collecting cum, becoming more slutty, and lowering another stat known as shame until Colette can go naked, which gives massive stat bonuses and lets you break most battles with ease.

However, believe it or not, Acerola HAS been toning this down quite a bit. Anyone who's played Demon Queen Melissa knows that naked mode was the single "I win" button you needed. It was made even worse there because everything was directly tied to semen and fighting monsters didn't matter at all.

BAC still has naked mode make things much simpler, however, you actually do need grind some XP and add regular levels to Colette too, because naked mode doesn't increase her HP or Mana Pool enough to keep up with higher level skill usage, not without dipping heavily into consumables. And you will need those 400 MP skills if you want battles to not be a total slog by the time you reach the end-game and post-end-game content and battles. I had Colette naked, using the strongest balanced weapon in the game and the best accessory I could give her, + lvl 60-ish from regular XP +~150-ish to all of her stats from permanent boost items and she was still nearly getting two-shotted by the strongest boss.

That said, if you're looking for complex, balanced or engaging combat systems, this game, and Acerola games in general, is not for you.

5) Proposition/Prostitution System: Available from the get-go, this system allows you to stop near an NPC and essentially ask them for cum. The scene that results depends on Lust and slutiness values, along with the NPC type. Going in heat adds even more variations, mostly in the form of dialog, and changes the mode to Prostitution which also earns you money. This is by FAR the best way of earning money in the game, beating out even the Brothel by a long-shot, though there's an additional reason for that, which I'll get into later. This system is also available to all female characters, but only once they reach affection level 2, where they become willing to help collect cum for Colette.

6) Defeat-Rape with no real consequences: Colette has a defeat-rape scene for each main-story region, and a few that are quest specific. All female characters have a generic defeat-rape scene, and at least one quest specific one. Some of these scenes have dialog implying "being a slave forever" yada yada. That's not reflected in the game at all, and the only consequences are getting more cum, increasing slutiness (sub specifically in Colette's case) and being returned to home-base (Her atelier in Brave City).

There are a couple of scenes that are essentially game ending and which essentially lead to a New Game+, but they're easily avoidable and in one case in particular the game is preeeeeeetty blatant about warning you about it.

7) Zero Mana = Defeat: Another staple of Acerola games of this type. If all characters in the party reach the point of having zero mana, the battle automatically ends. For some reason, BAC just fades to black and sends you home, and I don't remember if this was the same in the JP version. H attacks from enemies deplete mana, but a high enough resist stat prevents this from happening, and male characters are mostly immune from this effect. Though building any of them up enough to be useful in combat is a bit of a slog.

This is also another reason why you'll actually want to grind regular levels in BAC, rather than just going naked, because leveling up is one of the easiest ways of increasing the max mana pool you have in this game.

8) Getting any ending allows you to unlock all of the gallery. The (in)famous teddy bear makes a return near Colette's bed when any ending scene is achieved, regardless of whether it's Normal, True, Slutty, or Bad. Once you get an ending, you can unlock all of the scenes. The game is pretty much INTENDED to work like this, because there are TONS of mini-variations for scenes like prostitution, proposition, combat rape etc. If you want to unlock everything manually, you'll spend a LONG ass time doing it. My recommendation is to just unlock main-event scenes, and all the endings, if you're a completionist, and get all the mini-variations via teddy-bear unlock.

There are probably a few more details that I don't remember, but those are the really big elements that tend to always be present If you had fun with them in previous games, you'll have fun with them in this game.

Now. On to less common elements:
    1) Karma: This stat first appeared in Treasure Hunter Claire, if I'm not mistaken, and it's meant to be a measurement of the MC's corruption and willingness to do evil, be less good, along with a general loss of faith in humanity. It's not directly tied in with being slutty, but a number of H-scenes will raise it, like working at the brothel.

Karma affects what endings can be reached, and I believe that passing over 75 Karma locks you into one of the bad endings even if you lower it before passing the critical point. I didn't experiment enough with this to be sure, but it seems to work like that.

2) The Alcumy: I don't really remember any of the previous Acerola Games having an actual crafting system of any kind, but this time, it's central to the game, more or less. At least in theory. In practice, you can easily ignore most of it beyond leveling outfits for skills, and crafting some unique weapons. It only really comes up more if you want to get a specific ending, as a number of quests actually require you to gather materials and craft things for various characters. Unfortunately, it suffers from the fact that a lot of the stronger items are available way too late to matter, or just aren't that strong in general. The permanent stat boosters were a nice idea, but the grind to make them is too extensive, and the bonuses too small, for them to make much of a difference without a LOT of time being spent just grinding like mad.

Add in the fact that a certain bit of post-game content allows you to get a really game-breaking, stat boosting item, and even for NG+ purposes, the system ends up underutilized. Even consumables aren't really worth bothering with for the most part, since Colette will generally be the one doing all the damage for most of the game, and you can use normal ones between battles to restore her MP and that's it.

Ultimately, this is less of a fault of the system itself, which is pretty ok for a crafting system in an H-game, and more of a problem caused by Acerola's RPG format. Quite frankly, the nature of the game itself doesn't lend itself well towards a useful crafting system. It remains to be seen if this sort of system will make any kind of comeback in the future.

3) The Titles: This too seems to have started in TH Claire. Titles can be unlocked in a variety of ways, and give a variety of bonuses varying from affecting lust increases/decreases, shame decrease rate, slutiness values etc. It's fairly easy to see that most of them are H related in some fashion, which is par the course with how the rest of the game works. The main notable exception is the Item Gathering series of titles for the material collection nodes. However, these will be completely irrelevant if you won't bother much with the Alcumy system.

All in all, Brave Alcumist Colette is a fairly typical addition to the Fantasy RPG series of Acerola games. It has more of the same things they've done before, with enough variation to keep it feeling fresh, and a different enough story to make it fun to play. If you like the art-style, the mostly humorous story and interpretation of events, the silly characters and the casual-sex-world feel, then you will definitely love this game. Anyone who enjoyed Demon Queen Melissa or Treasure Hunter Claire or other iterations should definitely give it a shot, and I believe that they'll love it.

For those less familiar with Acerola's style of games, how much you'll enjoy it will depend on your personal tastes. If you like more serious plot-lines, balanced combat and in general more robust RPG systems, then this game is not for you, most likely. Likewise, the humorous and non-serious approach to sex, rape and other things can be off-putting for some.

However, if you want a light-hearted game with easy H content, then definitely give this game a shot, especially if you're into most of the fetishes involved with it. Acerola has a pretty nice balance between vanilla and extreme, at least in my opinion, so there's a little something for everyone if you really want it.

For me, a fan of Acerola's RPGs, this game was 10/10, and even better than Treasure Hunter Claire, though the tipping point is something that's spoilery.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

Alenin

This one is tricky to rate for me. I was in to the game at first and put in quite a few hours. Thinking back I believe this has less to do with the game itself and more that I like the concept due to being a fan of the Atelier series. I want to like this game more then I did but it has a few fatal flaws holding it back that I'll list off.

Mainly the game has poor balancing. First it has this proposition mechanic where you can walk up to any npc and ask for sex, which causes several other mechanics to be completely broken by it. Even if you wanted to avoid this broken system you can't because if you want to collect all the scenes you'll find that 80 are locked behind this system. And to make it worse when you get certain sex stats to max it changes to prostitution which increases the scenes by another 112 minimum, and each of these scenes have very little variation. The other issues with this system is Colette's scenes are somewhat random, so you can't even just clear them out easily, you have to grind it out.

Second money is a joke due to the broken proposition system. Not only does the proposition system let you grind up sex stats at the very start of the game but the brothel is also available. So by the time your done unlocking all your proposition scenes you'll have high enough stats to use the brothel whenever you wan't. Even if you tie your hands and only do the brothel for scenes you still have to do the prostitution evens which there are 112 minimum which you get paid a lot of money for. And if you include Colette's randomness while unlocking her 64 scenes you'll end up with a crazy amount of money before you even start your first quest.

Third is the clothing mechanic. The game lets you equip sluttier clothes the lower shame Colette has. The sluttier the clothes the more powerful they are. The shame mechanic is also useless, due again to the proposition mechanics you can lower your shame fast , especially if you pair it up with the title that also lowers shame. Meaning you can rock the most powerful armor immediately, which is just going naked. This might be mitigated if there were endings that were tied in to your shame but as far as I know there isn't which makes not lowering it and using the best stuff pointless. The stat bonus you get from slutty armor is ridiculous, I am talking about stats being increased by several hundred. So if a party with your best gear has a hundred strength, Colette with the same gear but naked will have sixteen hundred strength. The other issue is that skills are tied to the level of your armors, so once you get a group attack and a group sex attack you can farm mobs and kill groups in two turns alone without taking damage or risks.

Fourth, other party members are useless until the last third of the game. The stat bonus on the slutty armor is so broken and over the top that not only are other party members useless but they actively slow you down just due to extra menuing. Normally you would think that you could just do the same for companions to be able to equip their sluttiest armor immediately, but you can't. Instead of shame party members have relationship points. The issue here is that these points are locked behind quests that are only available at a few a per chapter. So you can't really get enough of these points early in the game to to able to use these clothes anyway. And even if you decide to not be lame and go naked it still doesn't matter. Colette starts getting kick ass clothes as early as the second chapter while you party members get almost nothing, and even when they do get clothes that raise their stats instead of just looking different you don't have enough points to equip them until later in the game.

Fifth, the alchemy in this game is underused. You could take the whole system out and have to change very little. The system itself is incredibly simplistic, making it boring. It's not like you need to make things to make better things, or that using certain things might give you better stats and power ups. You just you need x of y to make z. You'll only ever use it to make weapons, gear, potions and upgrade clothes. All things that could be replaced by a shop. It would be different if the story revolved more around alchemy but it doesn't. Most main mission end with you going to the boss of the chapter and defeating it, and these don't have mechanics which require you the make anything. The clothing and stats are so op you'll never really need to use items so most of the alchemy content is relegated to side quests.

Six, the sex scene music sucks. It has this sort of jokey theme to it that can really deflate certain sex scenes. So a scene where your getting your your breasts fondled will have the exact same music as a forced gang bang scene, completely destroying any impact the scene might of had.

Lastly and this may be more personal, but the sex scenes are mostly vanilla for the amount of them there are. An example is in the orc scenes where they talk about how big they are supposed to be but they just used recolored human pictures. It starts to get very monotonous after a while to collect them. Sure there is a few here and there that are not bad but mostly there pretty samey. The game had a sub and dom system but mostly this just changes dialogue, it's not like things play out different or have unique scenes for the same material. Even the fetish system doesn't really chang a lot, you'll get a slight variation in the picture and a few lines of extra dialogue .

All and all though I would still just rate this game as average. It's littered with all kinds of missed opportunities and poorly planned system. If you want to check this out just to jerk off to I would recommend a full save instead of trying to grind out this game, the characters are so one dimensional you won't miss anything by not knowing who anyone is anyway.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

gubo97000

NG fully completed, NG+ not played
    Length: quite long, not boring
    H-Content: lot of h-event, many characters
    CGs: nice style, you can change some of them (ex. change boobs size)
    H well integrated* : 9.5/10

Cons: Not clear how to unlock some events, but if you reach the true ending all of them can be unlocked

*(ex. bad if H ruins the story, or you need to game over to etch)
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Antherax

I'll write my review from two different perspectives.1) You have played Treasure Hunter Claire 2) You haven't.

Let's get the easy part down first.

1) If you have played THC honestly nothing new to see. Essentially it's a re-purposed THC , yeah there might be a bit more stuff and lewd events but that's about it, if u play close attention I think you will notice ton of redrawn art and character concepts, yeah the added extra chars but I personally didn't bother with them.Is it bad that they made THC v2.0 , no for me it isn't . If something isn't broken don't fix it. THC was a pleasant game and so is BAC.
    (Only concern is that acerola might take the path of oneoneone and copy-pasta every future game they make... I hope not.)
    2) If you don't know what THC then boi you gonna have some fun with this one .
    Quest : There are three kind of quest : karma, money/item and affection quests.
    if u just want the scenes do the karma and the affection.even though I would suggest doing some of the regular money/item quest just to unlock your characters fetishes.
    Also small tip don't bother clearing one regular quest at a time. once a new place is unlocked pick up all the quest and finish them in one visit.Same goes for town quest etc.
    Characters: this time around I feel like the extra character are well incorporated with the whole story and are not there just for the extra scenes. (at least for those I in my party).
    Art: Still one of the best art design acerola haven't made a game that the art wasn't good , at least for those I have played.
    Combat : Easy AF because their system is essentially the slootier the chars are the deadlier they become. One drawback is you have to lose sometimes to get some scenes.

So final verdict if u have played THC and you want to play it again but with different characters then go ahead it's pretty much the same experience. If u haven't, check this one or THC,( I personally would start with this one) and if u like it give THC a go.

The whole alcumy gimmick doesn't change much in terms of gameplay in THC you gave them to the guild now you synthesize and stuff pretty much the same.

Also, small little detail in this one the clothes aren't modular ie you can have only on set and can't alter it like in THC.

Also also,Rebecca best waifu.

Have fun!
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Reversedh

One of the best game when we talk about Acerola. This game is really good and everyone has been waiting for it.

Story: The game is about the Colette's journey and her daily life. Some people might think this game is stupid and make no sense and blah blah but if you have played a game from Acerola, you will know that story is not their strength. They more focus on CG, music and gameplay. Anyway, the story is acceptable and fun to play. 7/10

Gameplay: Really good. You will play as an Alcumist ( kinda like alchemist but using semen instead normal material) taking quests and exploring the world. There is a variety of quests you can choose (about 135 i think). Most of them are killing monsters, gathering material, crafting item or exploring dungeon,... so take your time. It's kinda like every Acerola games where you take quest, do it then repeat. 8.5/10

About the leveling system: You can choose who to level up. After defeating monsters, exp will be stored and then you can choose who to level up, not automatically level up so you can save exp for later or use it immediately. That's good. 9/10

CG: All of them are gorgeous. They are really well-made, attractive and fun. Some may be recycled but i can't blame because there are so many sex scenes ( main quest, side quest, prostitution and so on). There are goblin, furry, mind control, rape, mind break and blah blah. 10/10

Lewd System: The more lewd you get, the more H events will occur. You can raise it like every RPG games. Also, you can use some potions to make your characters become S or M (depend on you). This will change their H scenes, interaction and some event might occur too. 10/10

However, there are still some bad point about this game. This game can be boring after 30 min because most of them are recycled. Take a quest, do it then repeat. There are many NPC in this game, each has own line and interaction. However, most of them are useless and plain. Lewd events are rare at the start of the game, but too many at the end (not to say some of them are recycled). But don't worry, this game is really good and worth a try. Enjoying your time with this game during quarantine isn't a bad idea.

Good luck and Have fun.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Count_Chocula

Great game! I feel like some of the lower reviews on here are going off sky-high expectations many people had for this game, rather than objective quality of the project. I feel like this is probably the best RPGM game I’ve played, with treasure hunter Claire as a close second.

This game includes a lot of the systems seen in THC, but with more scenes and more quests. This is a personal preference thing, but I also think the protagonist is cuter than THC or any other acerola game. The atmosphere is care-free and happy, and there are great production values, making it feel like a game of your childhood gone lewd.

There are a few drawbacks. I didn’t think the side chars other than Emilia or the redhead were that cute. Some of the scenes are reused for around-town scenes. But with like 5 pages of 20 scenes each in the gallery, it’s understandable that some will overlap.

This game is absolutely worth the time to play, and absolutely worth purchasing to support Kagura Games so they keep translating quality games like this one.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

CtrlAltDelicious

Well, it's not too far from what you'd expect.

Brave Alchemist Colette is a very basic hentai story of our innocent main character being thrust into lewd situations under the tutelage of a horny mentor. You play as Colette, the alcumist (not to be confused with alchemist) and you take various odd jobs/quests that generally involve a dungeon, monster killing, finding or crafting an item, or just seeing a lewd event. Acerola's art is great, and the story is entertaining enough to warrant an occasional chuckle. I found it's hard to dislike any of the characters and some have distinct goals in mind; such as Sylvia, the legendary hero who just wants to break away from her lineage, be a normal girl, and also have sex. The gameplay is very standard when compared to normal RPGs with a few minor exceptions.
    1. XP is a currency that you spend on the character you want to level
    2. You can interact with your party to see how they feel about the current situation
    3. There's an alcumy feature where you can use materials and semen from enemies to create potions, weapons, etc.

So now that we know the gameplay, what are the H-scenes like? Well, for the most part, they're quality. You have the good artwork that seems to be the Kagura Games standard, though there are a few visual faults which I'll go over momentarily. The drawings are nice, there's scenes for pretty much any male in the game, enemy or otherwise, and it covers a variety of fetishes, from tentacle, to insect, to furry, though all of it is mostly optional. It's also nice to see that you can change certain things about Colette, such as her outfits, breast size, or her fetishes.

But it's not all sunshine and rainbows, after the first 10 minutes you may notice very quickly that the same 5~ scenes are cycled through for almost every non-unique interaction (villagers, enemies, etc), leaving the only unique scenes as ones spotted by NPCs with hearts over their head. Another weird flaw is seeing how some scenes seem to require colette to have either huge or tiny breasts depending on the situation, otherwise the cum on her body looks weird and doesn't sit right.

TLDR:
    Overall, I think this is a good game, it provides the standard Kagura Games feel with decent art, a unique UI, a few different features, and alright character customization. The game is good but has a few minor flaws, like looping scenes and visual glitches. But the game is fun, easy to jerk to, and doesn't require much thought. If it sounds interesting to you, give it a go, if you're new to Kagura Games, think of this as a good introduction to the way their games play/feel.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Dianakiss

One of the best Acerola games, very very funny and enjoyable, a game made to satisfy various fetishes.

The game has different endings so if you want to see them all you will have to replay it several times, it has many side-missions and all of them very funny <3

The characters are very charismatic and each one has their own story.

10000/10 <3 Don't miss it!
  19. 1.00 star(s)

anon1923

Overrated in my opinion, though your mileage may vary.

The drawings are not that great. It's not horrible, but stuff like cum is drawn pretty poorly.

The gameplay feels forced and boring and there's no way to skip it. Let's be honest, we don't play these kinds of games for the turn-based combat, so why is it not at least somewhat more skippable?

Too much weird stuff like furry/tentacle/insect shit. Humanoid monsters like orcs and goblins are fine cause at least you can pretend they're human, but tentacles, beasts and insects are worthless content to me.
  20. 4.00 star(s)

teddidiah

It's solid, but not as outstanding as similar titles. The more typical, not-lewd RPG stuff is fairly forgettable and generic, there isn't any real progressive corruption to speak of; Colette has three states, normal, dominant and sub and the latter two are different flavors of her being extremely horny and wanting to bang anything. Her state and clothes effect quite a bit of dialog, though, so that's cute. My biggest irritation with it above all else is that it is once again a title where the MC, despite having other full fledged castmates, is entirely straight and does not even think of making out with one of her slutty friends and the game even teases it this time, as all of the faceless female NPCs in the game characterize themselves as lesbians and hit on Colette, who just goes all "ha ha but sorry but I'm straight."

It's good, not groundbreaking or even great, but still solid.