2.40 star(s) 8 Votes

KapitanDupa

Aug 5, 2016
don't want to trash this game in review but man, UI is so bad in this one. Core game loop is placing troops around gates to defend them each turn. And you need to do drag and drop into popups showing situation at particular place. So there is no way to see whole picture in single screen. Moreover you have 3 special units that have to be places strategically each turn and they stay where you put them last round - you need to unassign them first going through those fucking popups. It's so obnoxious I can't stand this. As if developer tried to find a way to put everything on single screen instead of separating building/city and fight into separate clear screens. To add additional insult drag and drop functionality has slight delay for me - you need to wait until place where you want to drop unit is highlighted otherwise it won't work. FFS it's too much for me, I'm done.

the_high_king

Jul 16, 2017
Listen man... I loved News Desk. News Desk was great. And you know I love actual gameplay in my adult games, (I'm not one of those, "hold CTRL to see titties! 5 stars!" Scrubs).

But this is.... it's a lot. You're asking a LOT from me as a player. 40 actions worth of clicking and dragging in a tiny window?!

I get the mechanics, the mechanics are not the problem... but something needs to be done to help simplify things or at least, make things go smoother.

Now, I probably will re-visit the game because my slight OCD demands I take another look.... but damn man... you're asking a lot from the player.

buff

May 29, 2017
The side-arrows that let you easily select troops are gone for me in .10.

androide

May 3, 2018
Listen man... I loved News Desk. News Desk was great. And you know I love actual gameplay in my adult games, (I'm not one of those, "hold CTRL to see titties! 5 stars!" Scrubs).

But this is.... it's a lot. You're asking a LOT from me as a player. 40 actions worth of clicking and dragging in a tiny window?!

I get the mechanics, the mechanics are not the problem... but something needs to be done to help simplify things or at least, make things go smoother.

Now, I probably will re-visit the game because my slight OCD demands I take another look.... but damn man... you're asking a lot from the player.
With the arrows is easier, also you don't need to use the 40 actions. In fact you'll end up with more actions than you can use.

Also, personally, as the game is right now I find the best way to play it is to grind for 1-3 hours to get tons of troops then close all the mines and just fill everything with soldiers then pass for ~10 minutes and you'll have enough deeds to do everything.

the_high_king

Jul 16, 2017
Revisited the game last night. Found a pretty big bug! The 'round done' button doesn't work sometimes, even if you go back to an older save. That's gonna need fixing.

The game is much less stressful btw when you skip the tutorial.

buff

May 29, 2017
fyi, pyorgora gave an update. Progress was slowed because he hurt his hand recently (as did the guy who makes Princess Tower-- two developers making games with "princess" in the title busted a hand in the same week.... if they are the same guy, then try harder to be sneaky please).

The main obstacle to Pyorgora's game progress is the usual- he has an artist that can't be fired, so she tends to take her time on the art.

Reactions: RembrandtQ
2.40 star(s) 8 Votes