linkhunter

Dec 13, 2017
someone said on itch
the staff have given him 3 months to return before they start doing anything with these games i think, so there will be more news on their discord on may 13th.

I'm not really sure the new/info is correct

SDN111

Sep 26, 2023
Was the game updated since? I hope the game will be released on Steam someday. :)
The other team members have created their own team. The deadline given for Gzone to show up has passed.

They are now Stray Dream Games. Their information is on Subscriber. They have spiritual successors they are working on but it is early development.

Their first focus is the Danny Phantom paroty game. But they have plans for Monster Manor, currently just a title and graphic shared.

Reactions: EdenGenesis

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
Jesus Chriiiiist what is it with this genre? This and Krystal games man, what the fuck is it?

I don't believe in magic, ghosts and all that but there is absolutely some curse at work here

exer

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I'm glad to see that the majority of the team will be making another game in this style, as well as making another DP game. Judging from the character art that's been released, the new artist is significantly better than the old one (or at least has better direction). So that's good to see. I do wish they would have focused on this game instead, but I understand focusing on what's likely to make more money.

As an artist who has struggled to find an audience, it is super depressing seeing an abandoned game that hasn't had a post since Sept 23 or a release in almost a year still making more than 2k a month though. Especially knowing it's going to one person who isn't working and isn't even paying the other team members. I really hope that the patreon somehow gets shut down so these people can stop wasting their money.

FunkyD

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2017
I'm glad to see that the majority of the team will be making another game in this style, as well as making another DP game. Judging from the character art that's been released, the new artist is significantly better than the old one (or at least has better direction). So that's good to see. I do wish they would have focused on this game instead, but I understand focusing on what's likely to make more money.

As an artist who has struggled to find an audience, it is super depressing seeing an abandoned game that hasn't had a post since Sept 23 or a release in almost a year still making more than 2k a month though. Especially knowing it's going to one person who isn't working and isn't even paying the other team members. I really hope that the patreon somehow gets shut down so these people can stop wasting their money.
I feel you, man. I work as an artist in my day job and only do game dev stuff in my spare time, and seeing peers who at first were passionate about their work then, later on, became unmotivated and apathetic to their work... just makes me sad. Not to mention how they then ran away with the money that's supposed to go to the people who are actually motivated to work is straight-up scummy. It's actually ironic because GZone, and by extension—this game, are heavily motivated by Breeding Season. And if you're vaguely aware of what happened to that game and its subsequent "successor", Cloud Meadow, you'd know that all three failed due to clashes between creativity and money.

Very glad that the people who were working on this game and the DP parody have broken off and made their team. I just hope that they manage to keep motivated and break the mold since the "Monster Farm" adult game genre is full of unfortunate projects such as this one and Cloud Meadow.

Blck

May 22, 2017
I feel you, man. I work as an artist in my day job and only do game dev stuff in my spare time, and seeing peers who at first were passionate about their work then, later on, became unmotivated and apathetic to their work... just makes me sad. Not to mention how they then ran away with the money that's supposed to go to the people who are actually motivated to work is straight-up scummy. It's actually ironic because GZone, and by extension—this game, are heavily motivated by Breeding Season. And if you're vaguely aware of what happened to that game and its subsequent "successor", Cloud Meadow, you'd know that all three failed due to clashes between creativity and money.

Very glad that the people who were working on this game and the DP parody have broken off and made their team. I just hope that they manage to keep motivated and break the mold since the "Monster Farm" adult game genre is full of unfortunate projects such as this one and Cloud Meadow.
IMHO Gzone passed away since there is no contact with him so suddenly. He had plans to release game with both updates for AP and BF. Never the less I think that would be more probable rather then run with cash.

Reactions: SDN111

Ferdidlio

Jan 14, 2018
Damn, we're never going to get Katelyn content now. Maybe the reformed team will include her in their new monster game.

Eisbaerle

Apr 4, 2018
Damn.. I liked the game much but to read that it got abandoned is sad.. somehow hoped a Member of their team would pick it up and work further on this

3.70 star(s) 58 Votes