EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
Preview a.jpg

Overview:
Bright Line is a text-based game in which you can train slaves, make acquaintances, and build relationships with generated characters.​

Thread Updated: 2023-06-28
Release Date: 2023-06-28
Developer: Ordes
Censored: No
Version: 0.1
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - -

Image 1.png Image 2.png Image 3.png Image 4.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Yukarlna

‍♂️Superman can't fly.
Uploader
Donor
Dec 10, 2022
Welcome to share your first game Ordes .

Please, submit a ticket for the game developers tag.

Renaati

Aug 22, 2020
That UI is definitely just the Lilith's Throne UI but worse. That sex scene control panel is, uh.........."similar".

It would be nice to hear a bit more about what makes this game different, and why I should play this, instead of the game it's copying which is, for all its faults, substantially nicer to look at.

AH-64E

Nov 2, 2017
That UI is definitely just the Lilith's Throne UI but worse. That sex scene control panel is, uh.........."similar".

It would be nice to hear a bit more about what makes this game different, and why I should play this, instead of the game it's copying which is, for all its faults, substantially nicer to look at.
Pretty sure her sex framework is open source, or she's super cool about letting others use it... or something. Strive Conquest uses it, if I recall correctly. Or maybe not, lots of texts games-- memories jumble. Either way, she probably wouldn't care about similar systems in other stuff, too busy not working on her own game.

Renaati

Aug 22, 2020
Pretty sure her sex framework is open source, or she's super cool about letting others use it... or something. Strive Conquest uses it, if I recall correctly. Or maybe not, lots of texts games-- memories jumble. Either way, she probably wouldn't care about similar systems in other stuff, too busy not working on her own game.
Even if a clone is "legit", I would expect it to do...something...to justify its existence. If you're gonna make a knockoff, put your own twist on it. The description and pictures in the OP aren't exactly selling it. This is a text-based game, I'd like to see some of the text. At the moment it just looks like the LT mechanics but in a worse skin and with nothing else. You've shown me you can copy someone else's work, now where's the rest? What's the plot? Will the writing be good? Are you really going to leave in "Meddlesom
e"?

If this was a shooter you could convince me based on a mechanics-only greybox first build, but text-based games - especially text-based games whose mechanics are straight copies of other games - live and die on their writing and presentation, not their mechanics.

Ordes

Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Even if a clone is "legit", I would expect it to do...something...to justify its existence. If you're gonna make a knockoff, put your own twist on it. The description and pictures in the OP aren't exactly selling it. This is a text-based game, I'd like to see some of the text. At the moment it just looks like the LT mechanics but in a worse skin and with nothing else. You've shown me you can copy someone else's work, now where's the rest? What's the plot? Will the writing be good? Are you really going to leave in "Meddlesom
e"?

If this was a shooter you could convince me based on a mechanics-only greybox first build, but text-based games - especially text-based games whose mechanics are straight copies of other games - live and die on their writing and presentation, not their mechanics.
This game is not about story, it's about sandbox and freedom of action.
it's a life sim in fantasy world

czertik

Apr 25, 2018
will see in new versions, first one is very crude one, lets hope it will imrpove in future versions. not only mechanics, but look and especialy text, info and other thinks which made text based live game to live or die.

Ordes

Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
I found bug, work restores energy.
There will be some visual stuff? images, animations etc.?
I didn't add energy reduction to work button and energy is restored with every minute
Yes, main hero and NPC have a place for picture

Reactions: Davis333

nononomaybe

Jun 6, 2018
Greetings Ordes!
Here are a few suggestions based on my time playing Bright Line.
  • The game text is tiny and resolution is unchangeable. I suggest making everything significantly larger or adjustable to avoid player eyestrain.
  • The town locations could use some tooltips to indicate the name and/or purpose of each location. The house symbol is fairly clear, but it is not apparent why I should visit the anchor symbol (as one example).
  • There should be some limits on how many repetitions a player can perform some interactions in a given day. For example I was able to "chat" with a random NPC many times to increase favor. Presumably a person would not want to simply spend their entire day chatting with me.
  • Some interactions have clear +Stat indicators, but most do not. Specifically when training a slave there was no feedback about what + or - my action was having on their stats. I suggest little fading popups or some other log to give the player some indication about the results of their actions.
  • I spotted a little bug in the breast spanking dialogue. Screenshot attached.
Cheers!

Reactions: F_myname

Krystle Kris

Nov 16, 2019
A full-on sandbox would be fun, but only if there's actually stuff to do (in both senses of the word). I think I'll take a look after this gets a bit more content.

Reactions: Leafar_
Sep 26, 2020

I thought it was from "Accidental Woman," and hey, if it is, at least this time it might be in an actual game and it might actually work, both of which would be improvements over that fake project as a front for a money laundering operation.

May 6, 2019
wait i thought this was abandoned?

Edit: nevermind, It was something else, seems familiar with another photo Ive seen in another game :unsure:

Last edited:

F_myname

Jul 29, 2018
I like this type of games, but something I find always lacking in this sort of game is a main story. Like Strive 4 Power 1&2 or lilith's thrown there are story but its over shadowed by too much management and grinding skills or levels.

Also I often find that these games are mostly focused on male protag into female slaves. Would be nice to have more female protag content, like power struggle with your slaves, or a story line to expand your business or level up your social status.

Looking forward to the next update and Good luck on the development :)

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019

e"?

This is only a V0.1, just prototype. What's wrong with Indie developers want to make a game?

Are you asking "why should I back / financially support this game"?
If yes, sure the dev didn't really put up an amazing demo to attract patreons;

If not, then you are just being mean for no reason.
You are not Buying a finished game from a AAA studio;
You are not doing Job interview trying to hire the best candidate;
you are looking at a prototype from an indie developer

I don't know why you are so fond of "Lilith's Throne", It doesn't even come to my mind when I saw this game; this type of UI is already all over the place, don't tell me it's "Lilith's Throne" who invented it.
Tons of CopyPasta Game grow into its own thing over time and succeeded, like Genshin Impact

Just let them Cook.

-----------------------
Good Luck to the dev, looking forward to see what game you can come up with. (y)

Fruzsina

Feb 9, 2018
An opinion from someone whom wait till a higher version number
(Spoiler alert, it's strongly positive)

Character creation? Awesome!
Freely able to pick the gender? Even better!
Option to be straight or not? Thousand times, YES!
The promise of relationship building with generated npcs? Again, Yes! (fingers crossed, you can make rivalry or something similiar as well!)

Best of luck, with your project!