SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I see, I'm a complete noob in these things so I don't know shit. I was just using a common man brain. But i'm shocked to see a 8gb game shrink to just 2 GB? Dev must be good if there is no loss in quality.
You would be surprised.

There are some games that would were 11-20GB or more and were using PNG/JPG and switched to WEBP and the size went down by 75% with no loss in quality.

KissKissStudio

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
How did the size go down after the rework isn't quality improvement generally supposed to increase size? Also I saw each phase is round 4 GBs but both of them merged will be 2 GBs? Has the quality taken some hits or just a lot better compression and the same quality? Damn I'm soo confused lol:LOL:
Compression of 85% i think. Because you guys would cry to download 16gb everytime i release an update

yourmomma

Apr 4, 2018
Played the latest update a couple of days ago. Did anyone else have a problem with the game being stuck in auto mode and no dialogue showing up except during choices?

Edit: okay reading back a couple of pages it's not the latest updated, but the one that's last been released on here. Just wanted to clear that up lol

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
Compression of 85% i think. Because you guys would cry to download 16gb everytime i release an update
Not really only a handful would, most would rather have an untouched version.
To clarify, as the person responsible for that, it's a simple 100q recompression of the original images (EP 4-9), and a 100q compression on the reworked ones (EP 1-2). It's as good as we're gonna get with the number of images.

3.90 star(s) 88 Votes