dkatryl

May 26, 2018
I have restarted work on the update, but I have not felt good doing the project. I find more fun and hope in my next project. This game/VN became a burden to me. I currently hit the wall when w/e I do with the story it doesn't makes sense and it gives me the same feeling as remembering the cringe poem I wrote to my first girlfriend.

I dont see much success from Steam release. But it would help pay for some things that its coming in my next project(music, more complex coding system, voice actors).

Sorry that this project is not really giving much hope. I will try to wrap it up as soon as I can.
The next update should be MC reading that cringe poem to one of the LIs! :D

fifo5310

Feb 25, 2018
**Breaking the silence.**

I will get to the point. I no longer enjoy working on Bright Lord. I dont enjoy it so much that the update that has been ready for almost 2 months now. I only needed to finish the last climax scenes and do post-FX on the pictures.

I am going to say that starting the new project was a mistake. Everything I do in my new project feels strong. I got almost every environment made by myself(Used already-made props and mixed them). The models feel not rushed and the story that I am making feels quite interactive. I fixed so many mistakes that I made in Bright Lord that I feel good about myself. Not saying that my new project will be Mistake-free, but it going to be made with more knowledge that I gathered making Bright Lord.

It got so bad that coming back to work on Bright Lord feels forced. Every time I work on it I just see the mistakes I have made and I will quote myself from one of my responses: "It reminds me of the poems that I wrote to my ex-girlfriend.". I start working towards the finish of the update and I get super dissatisfied with myself. All the problems and all the problems I have to go through to just finish the game. If you guys wondering what are the problems/mistake I see in Bright Lord:

1. Game style is linear. To make it not so linear requires more work than is worth it. For example, if I wanted to explore some other character story or background I would need to add 300 renders of MC driving, walking, and explaining why he is going there and why he is doing it. I can do a maximum of 20 renders per day and in the end, the quality drops if I try to do more. So just to do that I would need 15 days. And all those 300 renders most probably won't even have sex scenes in it.

2. The game is story driven not player driven. Everything in the game you can find is forced by me and the game's engine. Some players have zero cares about one character but they are still forced to know about him. My intention for the next game is to give the player a choice and make him find out about the character. That would create the feeling that the player did it on his own. And create more chances for players to feel some connection to their Love interest.

3. Gameplay. It doesn't exist. The only things you are doing are just choosing choices from which only 85% have some changes in the story which still come back to the same outcome.

4. Enviroments. I dont do well in some environments. You can see when my renders are not best looking and they are usually indoors and when the room has big windows. I just can't use the tools that I want to use. The tools have no effect or just ruin the render.

5. The girls. The biggest problem with them is that when I made them I just felt like. She will be shy, the second one will be cocky and the third will be angry all the time. And players have known them for all his life. So when there should be a bonding moment its hard to do that. Because the player knows them for a very long time. You can make one character like that. But not all 3.

pic259.png showcase_6.png showcase_2.png showcase_1.png showcase_3.png showcase_4.png showcase_5.png showcase_8.png showcase_7c.png

F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018

I will get to the point. I no longer enjoy working on Bright Lord. I dont enjoy it so much that the update that has been ready for almost 2 months now. I only needed to finish the last climax scenes and do post-FX on the pictures.

I am going to say that starting the new project was a mistake. Everything I do in my new project feels strong. I got almost every environment made by myself(Used already-made props and mixed them). The models feel not rushed and the story that I am making feels quite interactive. I fixed so many mistakes that I made in Bright Lord that I feel good about myself. Not saying that my new project will be Mistake-free, but it going to be made with more knowledge that I gathered making Bright Lord.

It got so bad that coming back to work on Bright Lord feels forced. Every time I work on it I just see the mistakes I have made and I will quote myself from one of my responses: "It reminds me of the poems that I wrote to my ex-girlfriend.". I start working towards the finish of the update and I get super dissatisfied with myself. All the problems and all the problems I have to go through to just finish the game. If you guys wondering what are the problems/mistake I see in Bright Lord:

1. Game style is linear. To make it not so linear requires more work than is worth it. For example, if I wanted to explore some other character story or background I would need to add 300 renders of MC driving, walking, and explaining why he is going there and why he is doing it. I can do a maximum of 20 renders per day and in the end, the quality drops if I try to do more. So just to do that I would need 15 days. And all those 300 renders most probably won't even have sex scenes in it.

2. The game is story driven not player driven. Everything in the game you can find is forced by me and the game's engine. Some players have zero cares about one character but they are still forced to know about him. My intention for the next game is to give the player a choice and make him find out about the character. That would create the feeling that the player did it on his own. And create more chances for players to feel some connection to their Love interest.

3. Gameplay. It doesn't exist. The only things you are doing are just choosing choices from which only 85% have some changes in the story which still come back to the same outcome.

4. Enviroments. I dont do well in some environments. You can see when my renders are not best looking and they are usually indoors and when the room has big windows. I just can't use the tools that I want to use. The tools have no effect or just ruin the render.

5. The girls. The biggest problem with them is that when I made them I just felt like. She will be shy, the second one will be cocky and the third will be angry all the time. And players have known them for all his life. So when there should be a bonding moment its hard to do that. Because the player knows them for a very long time. You can make one character like that. But not all 3.

View attachment 3423937 View attachment 3423938 View attachment 3423939 View attachment 3423940 View attachment 3423943 View attachment 3423946 View attachment 3423948 View attachment 3423949 View attachment 3423950
Thanks for sharing, but are you sure you didn't forget the end of the post? It feels like a cut with no conclusion.

+ Who would have thought that starting a new game without having finished the first one wasn't a good idea? It's not as if countless developers had already made this mistake before...

KissKissStudio

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
Thanks for sharing, but are you sure you didn't forget the end of the post? It feels like a cut with no conclusion.

+ Who would have thought that starting a new game without having finished the first one wasn't a good idea? It's not as if countless developers had already made this mistake before...
6. One more big problem with the story. The story that I made is that you are in a rush. You can waste time or you will DIE! The Enemy is coming act fast! It just closed many side stories. Because if you think like a normal human. You can't be wasting time doing random shit. The story became way too fast way too early.

I could list a few more problems, but they might be repeating or falling in the same category. My point is that working on Bright Lord feels like trying to rebuild a shit house that you know will be replaced in the next two months. Like why bother right? Better to demolish the house and start rebuilding it right now. But the problem is that the games are connected and I have to finish them no matter how bored and how I get annoyed by it.

All the missed deadlines created shit feelings in me and created a phobia of opening my Patreon page where I used to post my success and art that I feel proud of myself to a place where I am afraid of my supporters. I know that a lot of you are a fan of Bright Lord and not my art fans. You are here for the Bright Lord and the new project might not even be for you.

Changes I am making. I will be doing progress updates two times per week. Instead of one. I have changed some parts for the upcoming Bright Lord update to get to the conclusion of the story. So I can finally continue the story in my next project.

Progress update:

Lighthouse has main environments created and 2700 renders.

Bright Lord: Finishing touches required to be done.

If I will fail to deliver Bright Lord again I will be deleting my Patreon and Discord and I will only come back with my new project.

I posted some pictures from both projects. I hope you like them and see what quality to expect from the new project.

SamualHand

Engaged Member
May 4, 2018
KissKissStudio I think you should change your point of view, maybe it helps!
See how much you have developed since the start of Bright Lord and how much better the next game will be and not how bad Bright Lord is. Because besides your skill there is also your reputation and abondening a game won't help you in the long run. Maybe next time you should wait with the next game isn't it always the same, next time you know things better? sure it's different from game 1 -> 2, to 15 -> 16, but still the case.
So look forward to the next game and use it to see the difference and learn, instead of feeling bad. We are here and I'm looking forward to see the MC fucking this enemy slut was it Megan?

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018

View attachment 3423937 View attachment 3423938 View attachment 3423939 View attachment 3423940 View attachment 3423943 View attachment 3423946 View attachment 3423948 View attachment 3423949 View attachment 3423950
Since the start many people have been saying the game is linear as shit but the dev keep defending it. Finally now he admits it. Start developing a new game concurrently and having constantly delaying/giving excuse on old game release window. "Who would have thought it can happen?"

Definitely not a reliable dev. I seriously think the dev should stop making AVN as he does have the temperament for this.
He would not feel cringe and supporters wont feel cheated.

ShiShi!

Nov 28, 2017
Well I hope this game at least gets an ending/epilogue proper soon.

Would love to see pregnancy in the epilogue with all the creampie we've been doing otherwise where's the fun and consequences am I rite?

Reactions: Hermit76

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
Well I hope this game at least gets an ending/epilogue proper soon.

Would love to see pregnancy in the epilogue with all the creampie we've been doing otherwise where's the fun and consequences am I rite?
Dev already says will be cut short brightlord (epilogue in his next game) and will start his next game & might also delete his current patreon page. That's the main reason i say he should quit being a dev since he is throwing a tantrum.

SouperNin10do

Feb 3, 2019
Really like the game. Only minor point of disappointment for me is that in the earlier episodes, Marjorie/mother was wearing this sexy black nail polish. In the later episodes/releases she is not (just clear nails). Would be great if she had that nail polish again.

MrDeos

Dec 4, 2018
6. One more big problem with the story. The story that I made is that you are in a rush. You can waste time or you will DIE! The Enemy is coming act fast! It just closed many side stories. Because if you think like a normal human. You can't be wasting time doing random shit. The story became way too fast way too early.

I could list a few more problems, but they might be repeating or falling in the same category. My point is that working on Bright Lord feels like trying to rebuild a shit house that you know will be replaced in the next two months. Like why bother right? Better to demolish the house and start rebuilding it right now. But the problem is that the games are connected and I have to finish them no matter how bored and how I get annoyed by it.

All the missed deadlines created shit feelings in me and created a phobia of opening my Patreon page where I used to post my success and art that I feel proud of myself to a place where I am afraid of my supporters. I know that a lot of you are a fan of Bright Lord and not my art fans. You are here for the Bright Lord and the new project might not even be for you.

Changes I am making. I will be doing progress updates two times per week. Instead of one. I have changed some parts for the upcoming Bright Lord update to get to the conclusion of the story. So I can finally continue the story in my next project.

Progress update:

Lighthouse has main environments created and 2700 renders.

Bright Lord: Finishing touches required to be done.

If I will fail to deliver Bright Lord again I will be deleting my Patreon and Discord and I will only come back with my new project.

I posted some pictures from both projects. I hope you like them and see what quality to expect from the new project.
You should work on the new one and postpone BL for later, or you can take a few months without doing anything and come back with more enthusiasm

fifo5310

Feb 25, 2018
**First progress update of the week.**

First of all, thank you for your support. I appreciate the harsh and supportive messages that I got from you.

I rewrote a few scenes (not those that were already ready). I made it so that I won't waste time on things I think are not good for the story, and it's easier to go for the finish line.

I had a few messages and offers to help finish the Bright Lord. I didnt take them yet because I want to finish it myself, but if I am far short of the motivation to continue I will know who to ask.

The next progress update is on Sunday.

pic249.png

Semak34

Apr 12, 2023
KissKissStudio Apparently your new story will be more ambitious, i love a good branching but (you know better than me) will require a lot of time and effort. So, if you're gonna rely exclusively on your motivation/inspiration, you're kinda fucked from the get go. Maybe you need to make a compromise and get through those moments when the inspo in not there. If not, is gonna be hard to trust and support you with $$

Reactions: OhGodNotAgain

KissKissStudio

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
KissKissStudio Apparently your new story will be more ambitious, i love a good branching but (you know better than me) will require a lot of time and effort. So, if you're gonna rely exclusively on your motivation/inspiration, you're kinda fucked from the get go. Maybe you need to make a compromise and get through those moments when the inspo in not there. If not, is gonna be hard to trust and support you with $$
when u think the new update might be in this Year ?
Right now in the process of getting help for Bright Lord. Can't say much for now.

3.90 star(s) 87 Votes