• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tortoise62

Jan 18, 2018
In my opinion, lots of people just have the wrong idea about Patreon. The core purpose of Patreon is to support a creator that you like and to then to get access to certain perks such as betas, special roles, polls, bonus renders, etc... But again, it's about wanting to *support* the creator primarily, and the perks are a nice bonus.

In regards to F95, the community can be really trash, no matter how popular and good your creation is. People try to tell devs what to do with their game and their story, and then give negative reviews when their kinks and fetishes are not present as if the game was made specifically for them. F95 also runs on leaked releases and leaked Patreon exclusive content, but to be fair we've all benefitted from it. So it's a double-edged sword because it's by far the best way to spread your game and grow in popularity, whilst having to accept leaked releases/exclusive content, and a sometimes incredibly toxic community.

I agree with Psychedelic, of course, just gotta ignore a lot of people and deal with it. The best and most popular games have the most insane and cancerous threads lol

Gladiadius

Nov 2, 2020
In my opinion, lots of people just have the wrong idea about Patreon. The core purpose of Patreon is to support a creator that you like and to then to get access to certain perks such as betas, special roles, polls, bonus renders, etc... But again, it's about wanting to *support* the creator primarily, and the perks are a nice bonus.

In regards to F95, the community can be really trash, no matter how popular and good your creation is. People try to tell devs what to do with their game and their story, and then give negative reviews when their kinks and fetishes are not present as if the game was made specifically for them. F95 also runs on leaked releases and leaked Patreon exclusive content, but to be fair we've all benefitted from it. So it's a double-edged sword because it's by far the best way to spread your game and grow in popularity, whilst having to accept leaked releases/exclusive content, and a sometimes incredibly toxic community.

I agree with Psychedelic, of course, just gotta ignore a lot of people and deal with it. The best and most popular games have the most insane and cancerous threads lol
Very interesting, it kinda reminds me of the similar argument with video games and youtube, where gamers can do playthroughs and expose the game to a wider audience, but the game might not get as many paying customers. You're right, it is definitely a double-edged sword.

Reactions: Tortoise62

Tortoise62

Jan 18, 2018
Very interesting, it kinda reminds me of the similar argument with video games and youtube, where gamers can do playthroughs and expose the game to a wider audience, but the game might not get as many paying customers. You're right, it is definitely a double-edged sword.
That's actually a really good comparison, never thought of that.

Reactions: Gladiadius

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
If you're asking if there is a hero in Bright Lord, then yeah, you could say the MC you play as is a hero/protagonist. But we don't know where the story will go yet :censored:
There's a running joke on this site where someone will say "we need a hero" any time a developer releases a new Patron-exclusive update that hasn't been pirated here yet. 0.4 is out for Patrons, so they're asking for a "hero".

Tortoise62

Jan 18, 2018
There's a running joke on this site where someone will say "we need a hero" any time a developer releases a new Patron-exclusive update that hasn't been pirated here yet. 0.4 is out for Patrons, so they're asking for a "hero".
That's actually pretty funny lol

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
So anyway, for those waiting for a "hero", the Patreon says that version goes out to people at lower tiers every few days, so the chances of it landing in the hands of someone who would leak it here goes up over time. It's currently out for Tier 3 Patrons, and if nobody leaks it today then check back on the 22nd when it goes to Tier 2 Patrons. Tier 1 Patrons are on the 24th, and... Huh. It doesn't say when the public version is released.

Tortoise62

Jan 18, 2018
So anyway, for those waiting for a "hero", the Patreon says that version goes out to people at lower tiers every few days, so the chances of it landing in the hands of someone who would leak it here goes up over time. It's currently out for Tier 3 Patrons, and if nobody leaks it today then check back on the 22nd when it goes to Tier 2 Patrons. Tier 1 Patrons are on the 24th, and... Huh. It doesn't say when the public version is released.
Patreons don't even need a "Public Version" anymore, F95 takes care of that honestly as you said with eventual leaks. Not saying there shouldn't be a public version, but at this point it happens on it's own on here.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Patreons don't even need a "Public Version" anymore, F95 takes care of that honestly as you said with eventual leaks. Not saying there shouldn't be a public version, but at this point it happens on it's own on here.
There are still plenty of occasions where a game never ends up leaking until after the public version is released, so it's still good to know when that is. Plus, you know, not everyone supports piracy, and I've known some people who choose to wait until after the public version is released before downloading anything off here. (I mostly only see them in threads for games where the public release is only a few days after the Patron one, of course.)

Reactions: XerxesBlack
3.90 star(s) 87 Votes