weirdanime

Jul 30, 2019
I'm starting to think something bad happened.

• Santaras started a countdown on the 24th of May saying there was eight days to the release, meaning on the 1st of June he'd release a new version.
  • On the 3rd of June he announced a delay saying he just couldn't render the few last animations the way he wanted.
  • On the 12th he said he had to build the roof for a summer house and the few last renders had to be done along with coding.
  • On the 22nd he said he needed to change the motherboard of his PC, so the release got delayed.

Apart from that during June he has not answered any other questions about the game, he just shows up to chat when someone posts crap like "Kim Kardashian cried" or to post moronic memes. I don't know what we are watching but it doesn't look good.

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
I'm starting to think something bad happened.

• Santaras started a countdown on the 24th of May saying there was eight days to the release, meaning on the 1st of June he'd release a new version.
  • On the 3rd of June he announced a delay saying he just couldn't render the few last animations the way he wanted.
  • On the 12th he said he had to build the roof for a summer house and the few last renders had to be done along with coding.
  • On the 22nd he said he needed to change the motherboard of his PC, so the release got delayed.

Apart from that during June he has not answered any other questions about the game, he just shows up to chat when someone posts crap like "Kim Kardashian cried" or to post moronic memes. I don't know what we are watching but it doesn't look good.
Maybe abandoned ? I won't be surprised. I'm glad i stop supporting though as the Dev is not consistent in delivery and bad in communication.

• Sad
Reactions: X-Topic and Blueray

weirdanime

Jul 30, 2019
Maybe abandoned ? I won't be surprised. I'm glad i stop supporting though as the Dev is not consistent in delivery and bad in communication.
Santaras has been delivering quite consistently since the beginning, so I wouldn't cross him out just yet. Nevertheless it doesn't look well.

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
Santaras has been delivering quite consistently since the beginning, so I wouldn't cross him out just yet. Nevertheless it doesn't look well.
I would disagree with consistency. The dev does have delay or short hiatus but he did inform the supporters. Recently, that have gone out of the window

Reactions: X-Topic

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
The dev posted on Patreon last night. I'd be really thankful if someone shared the message or summarized what it said for us.

EDIT: Not necessary, it's public on Discord.

Project and thoughts

Well, I honestly can say that the delay ruined my mood to work. The more time went the more it was hard to respond and post what is happening. It's kind of childish and I can't explain why I am like this.

For those who are waiting for the update. If I didn't need to visit my grandmother this weekend It will be out on Monday. Today I contacted the coder and the game will probably be playable tomorrow.

I reworked the last scene and the most important one. It added +100 renders and expanded the animation pool. For those who are asking what is different with the scene. You might notice the Landlady's appearance, Eventually all the L's will have that effect.

So what are my thoughts... Every time I go jogging I always think about the game, Like no joke I think about how I will make a cool ass animation or a trailer and that really pumps me up it really motivates me bcs it's still not explored area. On the other hand, Bright Lord is such a simple project that it's not worth spending time to make something really amazing, animate environment or etc... It just going to be skipped two seconds later when the person reads the dialog. And it's nobody's fault but the format of the game. It will change with the new project but I still need to finish Bright Lord. I really don't want to rework it and rework the format of the game. I want to finish it as it is. I come to a realization that all the flaws this game has will not be fixed in the long run. The only flaw I can fix is the first 4 episode of the game. That's it I feel like. The choices I feel like will not have a strong impact, The love routes won't be something out of the world everything is such a basic level that is annoying me.

I had the idea of giving a few more updates and continuing the Bright Lord story in the next project. With a better format and better base. But I can't do that... There are still things that people want to see from these L's. But the ending of the game I want to integrate to the next Project.

I know its sucks I know I suck but the time comes and you need to face the problems and fix them. The only thing I am happy with the project is the art. It just keeps getting better and I tried to do sloppy blowjob animations you will soon judge it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021
The dev posted on Patreon last night. I'd be really thankful if someone shared the message or summarized what it said for us.

EDIT: Not necessary, it's public on Discord.
It bums me out that the Dev thinks so poorly of this project. In my opinion this is one of the top 10, if not top 5, games currently being developed that I've seen. The renders are top tier and the story is actually pretty gripping.

Last edited:

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
It bums me out that the Dev thinks so poorly of this project. In my opinion this is one of the top 10, if not top 5, games currently being developed that I've seen. The renders are top tier and the story is actually pretty gripping.
I don't think it's a top 10, but it's definitely a good game, especially for a first project. I wish every dev's first game was nearly as good as this one.
I believe the dev is tired of the project and is trying to convince himself to cut it short and move on to Lighthouse. In my opinion this has been obvious for quite some time. Firstly, he knows he would now be able to make a higher quality game from the beginning; secondly, he's tired of fully posing and rendering thousands of renders, while his next project will make use of sprites (he's talked about this before) making the process much faster.

thethirdeye

Feb 19, 2021
I don't think it's a top 10, but it's definitely a good game, especially for a first project. I wish every dev's first game was nearly as good as this one.
I believe the dev is tired of the project and is trying to convince himself to cut it short and move on to Lighthouse. In my opinion this has been obvious for quite some time. Firstly, he knows he would now be able to make a higher quality game from the beginning; secondly, he's tired of fully posing and rendering thousands of renders, while his next project will make use of sprites (he's talked about this before) making the process much faster.
Yup, i would totally agree to this point, thr game has great renders and models but it ain't a great great game, it's good but imagine with the same skill set of models that dev has with the storytelling that he has learned over the years of the game, it would kinda bum a person down cause u would think ohhh I could have done this and that but now doing all that would be wasting time and resources and would make a lot of mess too, instead it would be better to take the skills and mastery to create one from scratch. A good game nonetheless

Reactions: Aristos
Oct 9, 2021
I'm looking to start into some Daz rendering, where could I learn more about renders vs sprites?

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I'm looking to start into some Daz rendering, where could I learn more about renders vs sprites?
Renders are not the opposite of sprites. You still have to render a scene that uses sprites.
To put it simple, sprites are 2D images that in this case can be inserted in 3D scenes. The dev mentioned that he wanted to use sprites of the characters during conversations in his next game as opposed to what he's done until now, posing every single scene manually.
For example, if you've played any of NLT's games such as Treasure of Nadia, they use different sprites of the characters when they're talking: normal face, sad face, happy face, lewd face, etc. This saves a lot of time.

I'm no expert unfortunately. There's a whole subforum devoted to Development where devs share their knowledge. You should try there (y)

Reactions: JojodoLolo
Oct 9, 2021
Renders are not the opposite of sprites. You still have to render a scene that uses sprites.
To put it simple, sprites are 2D images that in this case can be inserted in 3D scenes. The dev mentioned that he wanted to use sprites of the characters during conversations in his next game as opposed to what he's done until now, posing every single scene manually.
For example, if you've played any of NLT's games such as Treasure of Nadia, they use different sprites of the characters when they're talking: normal face, sad face, happy face, lewd face, etc. This saves a lot of time.

I'm no expert unfortunately. There's a whole subforum devoted to Development where devs share their knowledge. You should try there (y)
Ohhh okay, I think I knew most of that. Just didn't know if you meant they rendered the 3D scenes with sprites. Thanks for the response :)

Reactions: Aristos

Clash44

May 7, 2022
Tried to push it on the countdown before I need to go to help build a roof for the summer house. So it got delayed. Proofreading is done just need to be coded and render last animations
Any date we can expect the new release ?

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I don't understand anything anymore.

Last week he said:

For those who are waiting for the update. If I didn't need to visit my grandmother this weekend It will be out on Monday. Today I contacted the coder and the game will probably be playable tomorrow.
He couldn't release it on Monday because he visited his grandmother over the weekend, but it's one week later and there's still nothing.

3.80 star(s) 93 Votes