VN - Ren'Py - Bright Lord [v1.0-Fix Rework] [KissKiss Studio]

1. 1.00 star(s)

rlduck

I'd avoid this one.

The game has a point system that doesn't matter because the enity that takes you over forces you to do his bidding to the people closest to you . Why have a point system when its not needed, you still get to have your way with them lol.

The renders are good and the animations are decent but the story isn't very good., it seems to put you on rails with out you giving your decisions towards the progression to the story.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

RandyPhoenix

Good Points
    + Renders and art style look quite good.
    + We have some hot-looking female characters that are for sure.
    + While character stories and their development feels darn cliche the parts about Bright Lord, his background story, and Volan's feel well-written and interesting.

Bad Points

-They became better with phase 2 but until that point, all female characters were acting rude, bitchy, and odd: they were not likable at all. And while they do change with phase 2 it's not going to change how nonsense and annoying they were and caused all that cringy scenes. Except for Emily... She literally stands there as the only female character you can like from phase 1 to phase 2... She is a good girl for sure but her existence is not good enough to carry the whole female part of the game. I just wish she had better tits than her current ones, currently, her tits look nothing special and they are nothing more than meh while other girls' tits look fantastic.
    + Things became better and characters started treating MC better but the whole phase 1 and especially the last parts of phase 1 were terrible...
    - Character developments are pretty much cliche well known same old story... We have MC who leaves the house for school. We have bitch older sister who is the best friend of MC before he leaves, now she thinks he is selfish, hates him, hates the whole family, insults them constantly, etc... Little shy sister who likes MC secretly... And hot milf mother who lost his husband (MC's father.) The same old story you can find in literally any 10 adult games you look at. Generally, I don't hate this formula but especially bitchy older sister part is so annoying... You didn't need to make the same formula, and you could have not added bitch older sister and you could make her nice... But Nah... You gotta make the same annoying formula and even make it worst with every new update...
    - Even after Chloe did all those things, constantly acted like a bitch to the whole family, treat them like shit, and left home leaving all her family behind making her mom worried they still care about her, her mother wants her back and our MC calls her and tell her ''You don't deserve the way we treat you. Please I just want to talk with you.'' etc... Seriously DEV? She doesn't deserve the way they treat her? Wow... Amazing...
    - With V0.6 our family learned about Bright Lord's existence and... Our so-called mother told us ''freak'' acted like everything is our fault, said we ruined their life, etc, seriously? Is this the real way a mother treats her son? If the story was making any sense then she should have said ''What's happening my son... Is he fine?!'' or something like that? But instead, she treated her son like a freak even though he resisted doing those things. Even he desperately tried to protect you and leave the house away from you? A real mother should have worried about her son, shouldn't tell him ''freak'' and should have to feel sorry for him... I really can't understand the unlogical story and characters of this game... It's just... Doesn't makes any sense at all...
    - MC's character development feels annoying... Today MC is just a pushover used by Bright Lord and we don't have any control over this, you can resist but resisting gonna end with losing some adult content and you still gonna do the same things to your family... It doesn't make any difference or gives you some control over your body/mind. And with V0.6 we learned MC was really selfish back then, we didn't stand up for his promises and leave his family alone when his dad died years ago for unlogical reasons... So what's our DEV purpose? Does he want us not like any character in this game? Why do I need to play selfish and pushover MC? I don't know what DEV thinks about MC's character development, maybe he has some future plans about it but for now, it's messed up and I don't think changing him well not gonna change people suffering until that point...
    - Even if you are on a fully love path you are still forced to rape MC's ''landlady'' in Phase 2, at least DEV should have added the same scene with different dialogues and a few fewer renders (The ones you force her, etc) for second choice people who in love path or want direct content with her instead of having sex with her alter ego...
    - Sex scenes need to improve. There are some improvements we got with phase 2 but honestly, I was hoping for more improvements. They are still not that good, they are more like average. While their quality looks pretty good, the animation part still lacks longer loops, better physics, and more angles/positions. And characters showing robotic expressions in sex scenes need to change as well.
    - The content we got with updates is not good enough, DEV needs to start lowering his update times or add more content with each update.
    - Phrase 1 had a feature you can name relationships with characters, phrase 2 doesn't have that. It's a pretty bad downgrade to add because things make zero sense without it...
    - Forced Liza's girlfriend thing was unnesecary, weird and annoying... Honestly, I do believe she looks fantastic and is probably the hottest girl in the whole game but she is dumb AF and she is cringe... I wish she had a better character or character development.
    - While all Volen's looks darn cool with that all red-colors etc Bright Lord looks just creepy... I wish he was looking better like other Volen's, I can see DEV have a talent for designing them, it could be cool if he used the same talent for Bright Lord too. I know it's tied to his background story and things that happened to him, but still it feels bad while you watch all cool-looking Volen's and see MC's so-called most powerful Volen looking like an ugly ghoul.

For The End
    This is not a bad game, quite opposite even with all that cliche parts it's enjoyable but its have some bad points and instead of fixing them our DEV just keeps creating more bad points and continuing old ones... I was waiting game became closer to its own great potential with phase 2 but looks like while some things became better he added new bad points...
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Search History

The game has promise and is definitely one that I will keep tabs on. Personally horror is the hardest genre for me to partake in but the cocktail of horror and exotica is hard to resist.

For the sake of avoiding spoilers, I won't reveal how the author scares you but you have a faint heart I would not recommend playing at night. I nearly leaped out my bed haha.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3024206

Very high quality renders, amazing art with very hot girls and good animations. Animations improve as the game progresses, so I believe the dev is getting better at making them. This game shows real promise and it already has a good amount of content considering how long it's been in development. I'm looking forward for further releases!
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Davox

Good renders animation and general design

But the pacing is too fast for me and there is very little character development. Whilst there are choices, this feels like only small step away from just being a straight VN.

The lack of player agency is really where this falls down, I just don't feel engaged in what the MC is doing or the choices he is making, It also doesn't feel like the choices the player makes actually does anything.

Great visual artist but poor game designer
  6. 5.00 star(s)

chang1971

good story ,i like it, good animation ,。 I denifitly like the stoy about mystery Power. it show something special . i 'd like to say , please make more story like Bright lord ,dream of desire like this kone of story . They make me to want to discover the result ,where the power come from. Intresting.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

R4ND0M USER

Version 0.7
    This game still has 2.5 "issues" that prevent me from giving it 5 stars.

The most important one, this is a story about mindcontrolling power in an adult setting where the goal of most players problaby is masturbation or erotic statisfaction. The game/novel itself however makes it a point to not want to give you sex scenes because of morals.... this confuses me

And leads to a lack of masturabtionable content. I persume that most players are over the age of 14 and are not sufficently erotically satisfied with dry humping or asschecksrubbing content. Also the sex scenes are lacking in duration and writing departement. Firstly, I think they are too short. On "auto", they take place for like 2minutes max... Yeah that doesnt cut it for me. Also the writing during the sex scenes is rather bland and not that captivating. Nearly no descriptive work and we don't get character motivation, thoughts and goals during them. Also we don't get any input on how the Bright Lord feels about them. So for me the sex scenes are looking nice but dont give me enough.

Both problems mentioned above could be excused by very good writing and character development. This doesnt seem the case either, as the plot appears to move along faster than all the characters coping with what is happening. Chloe doesnt like the MC in the beginning and still doesnt like the MC now but maybe probably respects him? What was the point then, why did she piss off everybody and move out but still doesnt want the MC in her life but should be a primary love interest.
    Hopefully wrong future scenario: Chloe acts as bait and needs help/rescue from the MC. After the rescue arc she will accept the MC as a love interst. this however would go against everything she did in the story before: trying to be independent and make her own choices to get her own life and make it by herself. Also, we are at Update 0.7 now and the MC still hasnt come to terms that the world by large is not the fairy tail that 9 year olds think it is. Kinda off putting. I mean is he dense? He has another inside him, got shown mass rape, slaughter and destruction (I speak like multiples of 10000) just from that one crusade flashback alone, and he still hasnt emotially grown. Meh.

Now for the generic review stuff
    + Great renders
    + Beautiful girls
    - Not enough sex scenes
    -/+ The actual sex scenes are done well but short and lack dialogue and meaning
    + have I mentioned the girls are beutiful and the renders are very nice?
    + Very good animations
    +/- The story premis is what got me to play this in the first place, a dominant male and mind control, but not explored enough imo
    + The Bright Lord concept and overall story where "parasitary divinities" go to war is heckin cool

If you like the game dont forget to give it a thumbs up on the Discussion Page, it helps with the algorythm :)
  8. 1.00 star(s)

StephenClukis33

Truly is a dull game, the protagonist is a glorified dog dry humping all the other characters with no pay off. Boring story with so called powers that gives the player ZERO choice in what they do with said powers you just grind through boring scene after boring scene with very little variety & as I said zero pay off for the protagonist. Avoid this one
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Osamabeenfappin

This is one of the few VN's I've ever played that checks boxes across the board. You like sexy women,these girls are sexy AF. Want an MC that actually has a reason to be conflicted,this VN has you covered. Want a mysterious and frightening antagonist,once again this VN has it. If you haven't played it yet,I can't recommend it enough.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2837974

Hey man! I have to say, you're doing a great work! The way you structure moral conflicts and corruption as a means of salvation made me very curious about the development of the story and the characters!

I hope you further deepen the moral dilemmas of the protagonist and how situations lead to darker and more interesting paths!

Great job man!
  11. 4.00 star(s)

fishysnake

Really beautifull render, a pretty good and interrresting story so far, not much content but hey it's still 0.3 so let's hope it keeps going the good way and let's hope for more games like this one. Good job dev and good luck.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

Ken_Scades

Bright Lord has a lot of potential. If you read nothing past this line, take the review as a "Definitely worth a try" recommendation!

The overall render quality is in the upper end of what you tend to see in this style of game and even though there are some technical issues with them, they work well enough to not prevent immersion, if you can get onboard with the body and (especially) the facial proportions.

The Lighting is functional most of times, though I can't yet give a final verdict on that since at the time of playing my monitor had fucked up brightness and contrast thanks to our eternal friend: Windows. I'll revise this part of the review with the next update.

The most important part about the renders is that expression, lighting, scene construction and so on significantly improve during the game progression to the point of where, after the earliest scenes, they fit the narrative much better.

The animations need a lot of work. For now though, I am confident that the issues can be worked out since only one of the animations is really bad and all the games aspects are clearly still in very early stages.

The relationship plot isn't anything new, but that's neither here nor there. Certainly the Mystery plot beneath it promises more than enough originality for your successful incest -AVN.

The characters are, while more or less presented in trope typical fashion, similarly well characterized by the dialogue and good starting points for real differentiation and character work. There is a reason why the "older sister --> bitchy sexy girl; mother --> sexually frustrated and feeling lost in life; younger sister--> insecure and innoccent " dynamic is so popular. Not straying from it is perfectly fine. (and honestly, there are only so many ways you can switch this up anyway)

From a technical aspect, the writing is also decent enough, with some but mostly non-intrusive errors and stylistical blunders here and there that shouldn't stop anyone but the most demanding players from enjoying the game for what it is. Especially with all the engrish games out there.

All in all, the overall unweighted rating would probably end up being 3.5 Stars, but I'm upgrading that to 4 Stars simply because not only does everything about the game come together well but there is also a lot of improvment noticeable during the progression up to where the game stands right now. I am even tempted to go with 4.5 stars and I will definitely revise the score after the next if not the next two upgrades if the current trajectory holds true but for now I feel it is too early to give out that rating, simply because we are so early in development.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Ulrich37

Excellent setup, and great models. Just enough story to make me want to know more, but really geared towards H-scenes and being a nasty dude. Has quickly become a solid title, and I'm very happy this VN has taken off. Kudos to KissKiss!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Mangaqe

My favorite thing about game is, it gives the feel of domination greatly. The models are great and also story is great too. Progress of the story is just like how it should be. It doesn't gives me much to say, give it a chance. 5/5
  15. 5.00 star(s)

derpyturle1995

Incredible start for such a new game. All characters and renders look incredible. Story is interesting enough and kinda creepy which is a welcome change from what is usually done. Not a ton in the way of gameplay/choices but that's not a huge drawback. Definitely keep your eyes on this project.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

ggg1

Them bitches look just like in my dreams :)
    Really now, this is decent story, good pacing, guaranteed to FAP.
    I like that the MC is more bothered by the powers that be, than of fucking his "landgirls". This is what we need, more fighting the bad guys and fucking the beauties.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

TreeFriend

A nice game in a unique horror genre, with great renders and an engaging story
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    I found this game to be quite enjoyable, for now gameplay is limited with only few Options at the beginning. As I am not a big fan of incest I appreciate the Option to define the relationship yourself, however in some instances the dialogue will still use words like 'mom' etc. this could use a rework.[This has been corrected in more current versions].
    Graphics are very well made, putting it easily in the top 10%of 3dcg games graphic wise, especially making low light renders often result in grainy pictures but this is not the case here. What I will say that the background/scenery could use some more love in some aspects, more details here would be nice, also the shiny art-style of the characters does not always fit with the more grey background.
    The story is nice, characters could still use some depth but the lord of light story arch is very well thought through and nicely executed in terms of writing.
    For now it's really a 4 star game but I will give 5 Stars to support this young game's big potential.

Gameplay: 3/5 | Renders: 5/5 | Story: 5/5 | Writing: 4/5
    GRADE: 4.3/B+
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Scapest

Great game, i personally love the horror genre, and i want to see where this story will lead.
    The renders are great, the girls look really well done.
    The animations are really good too, i think this game has a lot of potential, for such a initial realase, already showed its best assets.
    I really like the design of the characthers, especially the sisters.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Morignor

Of to a good start. Girls look great and the story has great potential. Hope this will be a realy good game. Will endorse and consider supportin if it has regular updates unlike other studios who drop out as soon as they make a quick buck
  20. 3.00 star(s)

Zoonma

Music - decent
    Graphics-good
    Character models-OK
    Character personalities-average, as expected.
    Story line-OK

Some nice elements which is what brought my interest into the game. However, minor disappointments here and thier I felt, though this is my opinion. Character design are fairly attractive but also bordering on the unrealistic side. H scenes felt weak, not sure how to explain it but like robotic, no real feel of erotic nature to it. More teasing and play would be nice. Its hard, but if the MC is a male, should avoid any facial scenes. Some do not mind, others do and if the face is dislike its very hard to be motivated to play. Disappointed with the mind control thing opportunities, could have done a lot of things with this and feels like a real miss to me.

This is not a game I will be following, but some will like it no doubt.:p