alyath

May 31, 2020
I hope everyone is well and taking care of themselves.
I need guidance, I have several VNs that mod.rpy or cheatmod.rpy doesn't come as a file, but as a program (or command lines) and I end up not using it because I don't know how to use it, this was the case with CheatMod .rpy
How do I apply the VN?
Do I need to compile to generate the file?
Do I have to download some program?
Is there any website to compile?
What are the steps to applying in VN?

I thank you all in advance.
:)(y)
Just use the Mouse and RIGHT-Click on the File, then choose Save as... remove the Numbers and save the File to your Disc. Then you don´t need to copy the code or anything.
And to use it in your VN normaly just copy the File to your /Game Directory

Reactions: Karl Smith

Ernst Kurz

Jun 13, 2017
Initially I liked this game. ... It's not for me. Cheers
Long live your opinion ... but this feels unjust. Nearly every action is optional, neither you need to become a ho or a lezzie to become a rockstar. There is a repeatable fling with the barkeeper as some kind of a "relationship" too. The imbalance and lack of decent likeable men cannot be denied but this will be addressed in upcoming versions, according to the latest dev's remarks.

TvTone

Sep 3, 2019
Which version are you talking about? PC and Mac are consistently compatible since Version 0.80.
Many of us put hours into playing until v0.80.....and then the total pain of saves that suddenly, after all this time, weren't compatible meant going back to the begining and starting all over again. Yeah, naw. It was an excellent game until that annoying decision.

Ernst Kurz

Jun 13, 2017
Many of us put hours into playing until v0.80.....and then the total pain of saves that suddenly, after all this time, weren't compatible meant going back to the begining and starting all over again. Yeah, naw. It was an excellent game until that annoying decision.
Bugs related to savegame compatibility in PC and MAC-versions are not listed in the official Discord/Patreon. It may be different if you use cheats, mods or Android-versions.

GaboCAP

Jun 7, 2018
So do you want to report a bug? ;-)
Achievements are here
View attachment 1523109
I want to report an abuse against us poor and simple non-smoker non-drinkers vanilla players! I'm afraid that as soon as I achieve to get Alex out of alcohol, she'll start to have -100 mood points for adiction to crack or heroin, that she consumed secretly out of player's sight.

About achievements, I mean a external list. In-game list don't show what are the reasons of the not achieved ones, and no clues about them (I was sure that quit smoking will get one... but not).

▌Gin ▐

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2019
1356522_BP-01.gif 1356526_BP-00.gif
Ren'Py
This is the Italian translation of Bright Past [v0.98.8]

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Unzip the .rar file - copy/paste the game folder into the game directory, replace when asked.
This translation is "unofficial" and "made by a fan"

Last edited:

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
Hey guys i hope you all are fine.
Guys i will like to share my cheat mod with alll of you in which i had added some cheats of money and make up etc
Note- just increase make up for one time you will face a script error that time just ignore it because some images are not defined and guys donot change tattoo variable . i will try to change it tomorrow along with making gallery mod for the game except tattoo and make up other cheats are working.
Here is the link of mod:
i had added only few basics cheats till now will add more tomorrow along with gallery mod and android port.
Here is my server link where you all can join me:

i port game and make cheats and upload there regularly,
Thank you
that work on all versions? with gallery?

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Bright Past [v0.88.1] [Kosmos Games] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 3,27 GB / 0,98 GB - Bright_Past-0.88.1-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 3,24 GB / 976 MB - Bright_Past-0.88.1-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway! (y) Thanks! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools:
UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) - -

Last edited:

Ernst Kurz

Jun 13, 2017
I want to report an abuse against us poor and simple non-smoker non-drinkers ...
Feeling with you. Did I understand correctly: you got alcohol addiction out of nowhere after getting away from the stub? Would be a bug then. There is some problem with the "alc_stage" var but it shouldn't be related to the smoking. You could fork over $500 at the hospital or change "alc_stage" to any value below 4 in the console for now.

... About achievements, I mean a external list. In-game list don't show what are the reasons of the not achieved ones, and no clues about them (I was sure that quit smoking will get one... but not).
Will be a part of a new walkthrough then. Yes, getting away should be remembered as an achievement and possibly even give some boost to beauty or vocal.

Reactions: GaboCAP

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
Long live your opinion ... but this feels unjust. Nearly every action is optional, neither you need to become a ho or a lezzie to become a rockstar. There is a repeatable fling with the barkeeper as some kind of a "relationship" too. The imbalance and lack of decent likeable men cannot be denied but this will be addressed in upcoming versions, according to the latest dev's remarks.
Sorry if this seems redundant, but before committing to a 3.5 Gb download *and* the ensuing grind to get back to the concert part, could you (or anyone else) please confirm that this game can be played/finished without the MC having to whore herself out or inevitably falling to dumb r*pe/blackmail shticks ?

Not judging fetishes or whatever people do with kleenexes in their spare time, but the aforementioned kind of games just aren't for me. Your time would be appreciated, thank you.

Reactions: afterlights

GaboCAP

Jun 7, 2018
Feeling with you. Did I understand correctly: you got alcohol addiction out of nowhere after getting away from the stub? Would be a bug then. There is some problem with the "alc_stage" var but it shouldn't be related to the smoking. You could fork over $500 at the hospital or change "alc_stage" to any value below 4 in the console for now.
Well, maybe not out of nowhere, I remember some updates ago old saves got unusables and had to use some save kindly provided in here (maybe yours, don't remember). There my own old Alex with clean lungs dissapeaed and maybe new one was an alcoholic also. But seems the alcohol problem is a bug indeed, because it doesn't surfaced before, even while playing this update untill all new events where achieved, and smoking penalty was reduced to a half (that's why I related both things). And the hospital cure last only for a day or two, too few for a 500 $ regular spend.

JotaroKaneki

Nov 18, 2021
I have never tried this one before. I see the 'sandbox' tag. Can someone tell me how much grinding I need to do a progress story?

Ernst Kurz

Jun 13, 2017
Confirmed. Just hold your horses (don't walk through the park at night ...) and endure the additional grind for money. The only tricky part is the mafia path started by distributing flyers. It needs to be stopped in time to avoid the r*pe in the cellar. Last exit: Don't talk to Broom/Rudo in front of the factory. Everything else can be fixed with a simple reload and/or alternative choices.

Reactions: ThisIsMe88

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
I generally bypass walkthroughs, at least on the first playthrough. But holy moly this game needs one. For example, in this update one doesn't have a clue where to go or what to do to advance the story other than reading the somewhat ambiguous changelog. No new quests show up in the menu until after you stumble upon one. Then, is there more to it or not? I have those lock icons in the quest menu that date back to the first of the game (for example, the meat head that owns the gym) that I've never been able to unlock. One has to wonder around clicking on all kinds of things to discover what to do.

So, yes, it's a major grind fest as the there's a lot of real estate and different characters to interact with.

Reactions: Paco Loco
3.50 star(s) 79 Votes