johannes89

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
hope this game is interested im now downloading it

this was really a small game i dont know if i did miss something out on this game but i was only able to go to the shop buy cigarettes and then go to work go home take a selfie once in mirror then take a bah and whole process all over again then when you go to sisters bedroom second time the game end

Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
I'm afraid the game will be a demo for the next 30 updates and maybe after 50 updates you might expect sex but maybe just and if not it means then in the early development what is a belive excuse for so many other games is already mass updates have it looks good but that alone is not enough but then really

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
This game has been throwing an error that I haven't seen before. Already the previous version did.
Happens when you hit the "s"-key to take a screenshot:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Seems to be caused by
Code:
    old "Saved screenshot as %s."
    new ""
in the game/tl/english/common.rpy file. Commenting these two lines out fixes the problem.

Code:
#    old "Saved screenshot as %s."
#    new ""

Reactions: UncleVT

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Looks it does take the screenshot though it places it in the Bright_Past-0.002-pc folder right above the traceback error file. So all you have to do is hit S to take the screenshot ten hit return to go back into game from the crash page.

Valerie is the sexiest looking one hopefully Alex will be able to seduce her and have lots of fun with her.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Looks it does take the screenshot though it places it in the Bright_Past-0.002-pc folder right above the traceback error file. So all you have to do is hit S to take the screenshot ten hit return to go back into game from the crash page.
Yes, it does the job - it means that saving a screenshot actually works, the game crashes when it tries to display a notification about it after it's already done. Possibly because of a formatting error in that line of text.

But doing this kind of dance because of a couple of lines in the translation file that probably shouldn't even be there, feels a bit... I don't know... annoying? Dumb? :confused:

Made a fix for this now. Extract to your game root folder (where the Bright_Past.exe, sh and py files are)

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

We start translating and testing the new version of "Bright past"!

3.50 star(s) 79 Votes