Others Abandoned Brothel City [v1.6] [Darot Games]

3.10 star(s) 17 Votes

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
Brothel City 2018-04.png

Hi, dear friendverts!

Here is the build and the list of changes made in April Build:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BestOk

Jan 3, 2018
View attachment 85724

Hi, dear friendverts!

Here is the build and the list of changes made in April Build:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What are the differences from the public version? Why is the file size identical to the byte?

Chronos

Apr 4, 2017
Where is the trainer for the new version?
Sitting in the cheat engine waiting to be made, I'm not downloading this version gonna give it a few more updates, so it won't be me this time

If it hasn't changed
Gold, Rep & Faith are Double value types
Exp is a 4 bytes Value type

That should help if you want to try yourself they are pretty easy to find even with very basic cheat engine knowledge
this is the only game I've used cheat engine for

Reactions: XxDavidXx

Evergrey

Aug 7, 2016
how come i can't play the new version........it says
"
---------------------------
Brothelcity
Access violation at address 0000000000000000 in module 'BrothelCity.exe'. Execution of address 0000000000000000.
OK
"
then it just loops

Brothelcity
Range check error.
OK

i tested the old version and it runs just fine

byran47

Jun 8, 2017
I love management and I've played metric fuck tons of them and combining it with hentai is an amazing idea.....But this game is horribly unbalanced, just a single building to much or a single hire to much and everything comes tumbling down and you can very rarely get back up, especially since when you hit the negatives it gets even worse for you. There is no cushion and the income you get from buildings is just not up to par with the actual maintenance costs late into the game. Only thing you can really do is just build treasuries whenever you can. Which is really stupid, its just not fun.

TrashBoss

Oct 8, 2017
The game moves too fast for me, My autism can't keep up
One of the few games where I have to stock up on drugs just to play

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
how come i can't play the new version........it says
"
Brothelcity
Access violation at address 0000000000000000 in module 'BrothelCity.exe'. Execution of address 0000000000000000.
OK
"
then it just loops

Brothelcity
Range check error.
OK

i tested the old version and it runs just fine
You should contact the authors on patreon, they made a change in the engine in the latest version and it seems there are problems with it.

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
I love management and I've played metric fuck tons of them and combining it with hentai is an amazing idea.....But this game is horribly unbalanced, just a single building to much or a single hire to much and everything comes tumbling down and you can very rarely get back up, especially since when you hit the negatives it gets even worse for you. There is no cushion and the income you get from buildings is just not up to par with the actual maintenance costs late into the game. Only thing you can really do is just build treasuries whenever you can. Which is really stupid, its just not fun.
doesn't help treasuries are built based off how much the "landlord" charges you.

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
I haven't played this in a long time. Thought I'd check in on it. It's on the right track, but there's a lot that needs tuning and some tooltips need to be hashed out.

A few examples:
**Witch Doctor Huts + Shaman supposedly give a stackable (as it says in the tooltip) 35% chance to heal your girls. So 3 Huts should make you immune. It doesn't. Girls still (unrealistically) get sick and die constantly. The cost for curing them with faith is absolutely ridiculous, and increases every time you do it. The alchemist won't produce potions fast enough to keep up with how often everyone gets sick and dies. Basically, it's easier to just let them die and hire new ones.
**Centaurs storming in and wrecking shit that costs just as much to fix as it does to buy new. What the hell is even going on with this mechanic?
**You must have a full guard envoy. If you have 100 rooms available, you will need 8 guards. GOOD guards. Not huntresses. It's impossible to pay their wages early on so you spend 2 hours with a "High crime rate" notification on your screen.
**Faith is not explained. Where it comes from, how much you get for what actions, what you can do to increase it, etc. I only found 1 spot in the Factions dialog where it specifically said that one of the perks gives +5 faith per day. Other than that, all you know is prostitutes reduce it by -1 per day.
**Ghosts possessing your buildings when employees or prisoners die if you don't have a dungeon once your town reaches a certain milestone. Why? This is just stupid. Why is my ghost whore cow lactacting tit-plasm all over my hotel? What does that have to do with a dungeon? And 50 Faith points to call ghostbosters? To build a dungeon, you need a workshop. To build a workshop, you need a Tavern (the Level 3 flophouse). To build that, you need a few thousand gold and something like 50 reputation. Ghosts show up long before you meet those per-requisites.
**Employees just don't give a fuck about using their own quarters that costs you 130g/day to maintain. You might get 1 or 2 in there. But most would rather use a flophouse or inn.
**The pub tooltips, I noticed, STILL doesn't tell the player they need a building making booze (beer, wine, etc). This one pissed me off a year ago. The Pub becomes available a lot earlier than the brewery (and ever still earlier than the alchemist or vineyards).
**The marketplace for buying/selling needs a significant amount of attention. If I have 12,000 vegetables, I should be able to sell those. Not just 200 of them. If selling them all is gamebreaking, then fix it without injecting some weird limitation to how much you can sell.

One thing I do like is the cash management in this game is very on-point. You never have too much until after about 8 hours of playing. You're always on the verge of going bankrupt if you're not careful. So you actually have to manage in the management game. If you use cheats to give yourself money, you are ruining the game for yourself. If you use cheats to get rid of centaurs and lethal sprained ankles, I feel you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kira Kira

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
I haven't played this in a long time. Thought I'd check in on it. It's on the right track, but there's a lot that needs tuning and some tooltips need to be hashed out.

Last time I've played it, I found that it was not a good idea to hire prostitutes at the beginning.
I started by creating my city, hiring guards, huntresses, nuns and all needed workers. I've hired my first prostitute long time after and it was really easier. The decreases are good help too.
It's not a so good idea to let them die, the happiness of their friends drops dramatically.

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
Last time I've played it, I found that it was not a good idea to hire prostitutes at the beginning.
I started by creating my city, hiring guards, huntresses, nuns and all needed workers. I've hired my first prostitute long time after and it was really easier. The decreases are good help too.
It's not a so good idea to let them die, the happiness of their friends drops dramatically.
Which sort of stems from the main problem - the mechanics are very muddled and not clearly explained or on display. The staff page needs to basically be a spreadsheet showing all the stats, expenses, where they sleep (with the option to move them). It all needs to be on one page with rows and columns so you can see it all at a glance. And this Happiness stat which is pretty elusive. If you are not actively trying to find a girl's happiness, you won't see it. Or what these special sex traits are (like Dominatrix) and how they effect her performance. All the stats need optional mouse-overs explaining how to gain/lose the stat and the effect of it on gameplay. This problem comes up again and again. ... For a management game, they don't give you nearly enough information to effectively manage. It's a lot of guess work, or simply disregarding notifications because you don't know how they affect the game.

aegis482

Oct 27, 2017
To be honest I got much more fun out of this game then I expected.
It has a nice classic transport tycoon feeling, and I just like to fiddle with my town.
I think there is a lot of potential in this game.

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
Not sure if anyone else mentioned this, but during the tutorial, while I was upgrading the Flophouse I came up with an annoying problem. After it was done with the upgrading timer, I couldn't upgrade it because it said I didn't have enough money (which I had already spent on this upgrade). I had to wait until I had another $500 before I could place the upgraded building and during that time I was down a bunch of rooms because this building was unusable (which caused me to lose reputation and made it harder to get money). And I had to find a completely different spot to place it. I couldn't place it on top of the existing building. I can't remember if it took that second $500 or not, but if I pay the money I should be able to place the upgraded building without having to wait for the money again. I can just see it when I need to upgrade to the tavern having to wait til I have another $3000 before placing the upgrade. Can this be fixed so that when the upgrade timer is finished you can just place it down without it having to check again for the money or have it take the money when you actually place it down (if that's easier to code)?

I really like this game because it reminds me of those Ceasar and Pharaoh games that came out in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Edit: When I upgraded to a tavern, the button said I needed the money, but I could still click the button and it worked to place the new building. Clicking the button to upgrade to the Inn didn't do anything. Not sure if it was a glitch while I was in the tutorial, because I haven't tried playing any other mode than tutorial and the free mode which followed its completion.

Last edited:

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
Where do I go to upgrade Sisters of Charity? I have 110/110 faith, and can't seem to find where to upgrade my sisters of charity that have pleasured 15+ men.

Edit: I figured it out, I needed to upgrade the altar to a chapel.

Another question, the manual says that taverns and hotels provide universal tables where travelers can eat and drink. But ingame that doesn't seem to be the case, at least not in free play.

Last edited:
3.10 star(s) 17 Votes