Others Abandoned Brothel City [v1.6] [Darot Games]

3.10 star(s) 17 Votes

DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
I'll be happier if the dev normalizes the building's sizes, constructing your infrastructure only to have it screwed up because the church gets 10 times bigger hurts a lot, if the buildings occupied the maximum size since tier 1 the game could be a lot more enjoyable.

Dakoa

Jul 13, 2017
Anyone else just have their reputation just nose dive for no reason sometimes, like we're talking going from 80 to 0.
It's people leaving with desires unfulfilled.

It happened to me, got stuck in this odd kind of loop before I worked out what was going on.

'Tier 2' guests were leaving happy, all desires fulfilled, and the reputation was climbing to 80-90.

'Tier 3' guests were then turning up (because reputation was great), not getting all their desires met, and leaving unsatisfied. Leaving all as a group it was sending reputation dropping to around 20-30.

Weird part was, going by stats at the top I had enough of everything they needed (bathing, food, drink, stables, etc.), so why were they unhappy?

Finally worked out the issue was essentially layout. You need everything evenly spread out so that guests have everything they want within a short distance of their lodging. Even if things are nearby, you also need to make sure there's a road to them (guests spend a limited time in town and walking across grass is slow) and that they're well balanced. For example, if you've got a bathhouse surrounded by taverns, yeah, it's nice and close to each one, but it's going to be full so often most of your guests won't be able to use it.

All I needed to do was move stuff around, problem solved.

AngryBubbles

May 28, 2017
Is there an efficient way of playing?
The income/outcome ratio is terrible and the rate of your personnel dying is ridiculous. The cost of upgrading stuff is also astonishingly high.
I reckon it's not the matter of mechanics, rather a matter of values. Some numerical balance is required to simply being able to do anything in this game. The best way I found is to hire huntresses and to sell food, but it just doesn't work in the long run.

Jugg337

Formerly 'JuggM'
Jul 4, 2017
The income/outcome ratio is terrible and the rate of your personnel dying is ridiculous. The cost of upgrading stuff is also astonishingly high.
I reckon it's not the matter of mechanics, rather a matter of values. Some numerical balance is required to simply being able to do anything in this game. The best way I found is to hire huntresses and to sell food, but it just doesn't work in the long run.
You can press -E- to increase the pace of the game in case you missed that tip. Do everything you can to get to the Hotel(level4) and then build a treasury, buy all the faction upgrades until level 3, besides the market upgrades, those are useless. Buy every decree that decreases your maintenance prices for people and buildings. Once you get a treasury it should be a smooth run from there, you can only place five treasuries without upgrading the size of the map, one on each corner and one in the middle, but you can only upgrade the size of the map if you're not continuing the free play from the tutorial. (which is another bug I found btw)

Other tips I can give you are to build roads everywhere(literally every tile you can place a road on) and 6 stables on the map, one stable on each corner and two in the middle top and middle bottom, because the people that are staying on your inns need to move around faster if you want them to get the full treatment( food/drinks/sex/comfort) which increases your reputation. Also I suggest getting the amazon decrees LAST because those decrees have some pop-ups that pause the game which are annoying as fuck. As soon as you get treasuries get the aristocrat decrees because they give you a fuckload of cash.

I think the best way to unlock the hotel level is to only use the level 1 inns(flophouses) until you unlock the hotel because their maintenance is cheap and they give a good amount of gold, but I'm not quite sure that strat is good enough to get good reputation.

PS: Yes, the game is very unbalanced and difficult. The influence gains are way too slow, especially since you gotta check back in case theres a pop-up so you can't leave the game running idle because in two minutes or so at increased speed there will be a pop-up. The art is sexy as fuck, though.

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
Only bother for the needs of the visitors (food/wells) and don't waste to much money on hunters. Guards have a way better chance to catch thieves. One guard tower should be enough for the beginning, try to place everything around it, you can replace any building later (and you should). Once you have the tavern, focus on getting prisoners, store them in the dungeon and spend every money you have left so your taxes don't rise to much.

On my map I tried to get as much altars of charity because they define how much faith you can get = how many whores you can have. After you have 3 treasuries you can't loose anymore.

My watch towers have 6 2x2 squares between each.

bcity.jpg

locomotor79

Oct 2, 2016
wy can i not turn buildings i have tryd every key on my keyboard aswhel all mousse buttonsexcept for left mousse becausse that's placing the building

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
Brothel City 2018-03.png

Hi, dear friendverts!
We are happy to present you March build of the game!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thank you so much for being with us this month, hope you'll like the new build and enjoy the way the game grows up thanks to your support and feedback!

May the Boobs be with you!
Alice.

Version PC: ,

Reactions: otterpop and azzzy

Nariz

Jan 2, 2018
View attachment 73938

Hi, dear friendverts!
We are happy to present you March build of the game!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thank you so much for being with us this month, hope you'll like the new build and enjoy the way the game grows up thanks to your support and feedback!

May the Boobs be with you!
Alice.

Version PC: ,
Is it just me or is this one not save compatible?

Burningman

Feb 17, 2018
this game is way too grindy.... even more when you need to fuck everything that was going nicely done just because your inn is too large to fix where it should be i was playing for two hours to get a nice income everthing nice going and the upgrades made my game nosedive really fast i can't even explain what 'im felling right now the best way to play this game is to cheat money and just upgrade everything to max and begin from there so you do not have to rework all your layout everytime even more since i dont even know how much space X building need its frustanting....

kolayoyun35

Nov 22, 2017
Hello i have a question please help me.I can open game but i have not a vision.

there is nothing on the screen

GhoztSurfer

Aug 22, 2017
It seems as though the March 2018 Patrons Build is up on SVS. Just passing along what little info i have.

GhoztSurfer

Aug 22, 2017
Sorry, guess after reading through 14 pages, I missed that. LOL My Bad folks.

EDIT: I figured it out, I wasn't looking at the text of the posting, I was staring at that ass.

Trevasplayer

Feb 5, 2018
Someone knows if there is a version of the game without the white screen error, and if it can correct or tell me how to correct the error please

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
Anyone figure a way of getting the most of pretty much everything on the map without failing the game?

3.10 star(s) 17 Votes