Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

xxxtent

Feb 26, 2018
There's the 'repair MC/girl pictures' button under the '?' menu.

Are you wanting to remove a pack altogether, or retain the pack and just replace the pictures?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But the more you talk about it being crazy ,the more I want to play it. does that mod work for latest build?

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
But the more you talk about it being crazy ,the more I want to play it. does that mod work for latest build?
It does not. Bonanza is more a fork than a mod. And it was a fork of a specific point in time of the game a couple of years ago during the 1.5 time frame. Because so much was changed it was not rally possible to keep it updated as the main game moved forward, so Bonanza was pretty much left behind in the state it was in at that time.

Reactions: Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yeah, Bonanza was basically its own game. I think in the end it was more or less in line with/built off of the last version of 0.15b. But 0.2 has changed so many things under the hood that it'd be a pretty major project to update it.

So, it is definitely missing a bunch of 0.2 goodness (chapter 2 story, contracts and Community Dialogue being the biggest things). It also included the other two major mechanical mods of the time (Trait King and JobMod), but Trait King has moved on by now as well.

It was also very unbalanced and unoptimised (=slow) in the later chapters. I did go back at one point and tried to combat the lag, but never got beyond a mild band-aid that didn't really solve the problem.

Reactions: __neronero

Silito13

Aug 9, 2016
On mac (after the patch) I am getting "The application can't be opened" error. Any help for those running it on mac

Jun 13, 2018
Does anybody know the console command for getting a specific item(s)? And just to add, any other useful console commands that anybody can share here? Thanks in advance.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
On mac (after the patch) I am getting "The application can't be opened" error. Any help for those running it on mac
This could unfortunately be the result of my editing the Mac install pack on Windows to change a file, which could have messed up file execute permissions.

Here are some fixes that worked on other games. Note the Mac version is relatively unsupported.

https://f95zone.to/threads/true-bond-ch-1-part-4-cloudlet.78538/post-5470769

https://f95zone.to/threads/panthea-act-2-v0-5-0-cracked-leave2gether.63320/post-6497379

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
wanting to replace a girls pack with another pretty much
As in, replacing an existing girl's pack with another? That would be a lot of fiddling around. The recommended procedure is to dump your old girl and get a new one using the desired pack. Either honestly, via the HH mod, or using the instructions here.

Edit: Or maybe not. Try this (console, one line at a time!):
Code:
MC.girls[X].fullname                         # (to find out which X she corresponds to, including 0)
MC.girls[X].pack_name = "[new pack name]"    # (exact directory name, discarding [ ] but not " ")
MC.girls[X].path = "[new pack name]"
Now use the 'Repair girl/MC pictures button. You may run into trouble if you've already messed with your packs somehow, and it now catches up with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: __neronero

morty2301

Oct 9, 2018
As in, replacing an existing girl's pack with another? That would be a lot of fiddling around. The recommended procedure is to dump your old girl and get a new one using the desired pack. Either honestly, via the HH mod, or using the instructions here.

Edit: Or maybe not. Find your girl and try this (one line at a time!):
Code:
MC.girls[X].fullname                         # (to find out which X she corresponds to, including 0)
MC.girls[X].pack_name = "[new pack name]"    # (exact directory name, discarding [ ] but not " " and presuming you're not using girl mix directories)
MC.girls[X].path = "[new pack name]"
Now use the 'Repair girl/MC pictures button. You may run into trouble if you've already messed with your packs somehow, and it now catches up with you.
what do you mean one line at a time, like run the game each time I change the line or what? also what does that mean I may run into trouble if I've already messed with my packs (which I haven't really)

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
what do you mean one line at a time, like run the game each time I change the line or what?
No, copy one line, press return, then repeat. Don't copy the entire code box at once, as quite a few people have done.

also what does that mean I may run into trouble if I've already messed with my packs (which I haven't really)
It's just to cover my ass, really. E.g. if you've gone and deleted a pack before, running 'repair' might delete a girl you don't want to delete. But probably not, especially if you have not messed with anything.

Reactions: morty2301

morty2301

Oct 9, 2018
No, copy one line, press return, then repeat. Don't copy the entire code box at once, as quite a few people have done.

It's just to cover my ass, really. E.g. if you've gone and deleted a pack before, running 'repair' might delete a girl you don't want to delete. But probably not, especially if you have not messed with anything.
btw what do you mean find my girl? like is it somewhere in saves?

morty2301

Oct 9, 2018
"exact directory name, discarding [ ] but not " " and presuming you're not using girl mix directories"
not using girl mix directories? you mean not use the directories name or would I have to use the default directory to use the commands?

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes