Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Justinof

Sep 19, 2019
ok so does anyone know how to get your sex to over 232 and anal over 237 at the same time? its for a contract i cant for the life of me figure it out
You need a rank X slave trained enough to reach those numbers, you can help her whit bonuses such as perks and accessories.
And if the mana is going somewhere without the benefit, that still needs to be fixed.

Edit: Justinof I just checked, and are you sure your mana is lower than it's supposed to be? The permanent Mindtrick does not charge any more mana than just the single cast. It should be charging you after the fix, and will stop once you stop auto-casting.
I am sure that once disabled that spell i didn't get back those 10 points. The only way to have them is to use the console, but i need to do it every day, it is not permanent.
So if the MC mana has not a variable for max value it means the mana is calculated additionally from a base...hard to fix whitout screwing something else. I should avoid to increase the spirit for the reasons you have said.:(

Last edited:
Reactions: j01ntr0l1a

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I am sure that once disabled that spell i didn't get back those 10 points.
Because you weren't paying them in the first place. What makes you think you must have an extra 10 points of mana? Better yet, post a save so I can check myself.

does anyone know where to see what got updated in patch v 220519?
Not really. Goldo doesn't do patch notes for minor changes. Assume it's minor polishing and bug fixes unless announced separately.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yeah, I see no problems with mana in the save. You have 18 spirit, *2 for being a Sorcerer, +3 from an altar and +2 from a Caster girl, for a total of 41. Spells active: Magic servants (3), Enhanced senses (6), Doll Master (6), M. Halo: Lust (8), Rejuv. (9), Fairy Dust (9), a total of 3+6+6+8+9+9 = 41. 41 = 41.

You're also insane. :eek: 100+ girls in the brothel... if I had a had I'd take it off for you. No wonder the girls screen lags. Try getting rid of them until you get back to vanilla numbers and see how the lag is then.

I do think Goldo can help this a bit by either paging the girls or using vpgrid instead of viewport. A certain rodent might suggest it to him. :)

Also, your save size is out of control and Goldo should take a hard look at what he's storing there. Especially since you only have about two years' worth of logs. config.save_dump can help some.

Edit: Most of your girls seem to be pretty trash trait-wise, though, despite being Trait King girls. I guess you have something against the little pirate lass? :cautious:

Last edited:

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Which brings to mind another question that we should ask if people complain about the game lagging. Are they running with more girls than Vanilla allows, and if so how many? I'm someone who has increased the number of rooms to obscene levels before, but doing so is definitely a possible contributing factor when people are seeing the game lag.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Well, might be interesting to get some feedback from users on whether having 10, 32 and 100 girls leads to different UI experiences and if so, what are their computer specs.

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
Well it will vary from person to person. Some use potato pc, some use pc for gaming and it's even vary if he use pc or a laptop. For me it's pretty much start to lag when i reach around ~20 girl's but it's just some minor lag.

j01ntr0l1a

Mar 23, 2022
is brothel prestige the same as reputation?? what does prestige do exactly? and some stuff just say prestige instead of brothel prestige, is there a difference?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
is brothel prestige the same as reputation?? what does prestige do exactly? and some stuff just say prestige instead of brothel prestige, is there a difference?
There are three 'reputations': girl reputation (which is their rank-up XP), brothel reputation (which attracts customers) and MC prestige (which is the MC's level-up XP).

Where are you seeing 'brothel prestige'? Edit: Ah, Tall Tales. Yeah, that one isn't very informative. It adds to the MC's prestige gain, but it's a 'brothel' effect for some reason.

Reactions: j01ntr0l1a

Justinof

Sep 19, 2019
Yeah, I see no problems with mana in the save. You have 18 spirit, *2 for being a Sorcerer, +3 from an altar and +2 from a Caster girl, for a total of 41. Spells active: Magic servants (3), Enhanced senses (6), Doll Master (6), M. Halo: Lust (8), Rejuv. (9), Fairy Dust (9), a total of 3+6+6+8+9+9 = 41. 41 = 41.
Hehe, i hope you like solving misteries, because i have one for you ;)
Loading a save from 6/1 i have this situation (Before all this mess about mana points):
I have 18 spirit, *2 for being a Sorcerer, +3 from an altar, for a total of 39.
Spells active: Mindtrick (10), Dragon Soul (9), Rejuvenation (9), M. Halo: Lust (8), Doll master (6), Enhanced senses (6), M. Aura: Mistery (1), a total of 10+9+9+8+6+6+1=49 o_O
I swear i didn't use the console to add mana points at that time. Could be that the Mindtrick spell wasn't really active and the game was tricking me to think otherwise? Take a look

You're also insane. :eek: 100+ girls in the brothel... if I had a had I'd take it off for you. No wonder the girls screen lags. Try getting rid of them until you get back to vanilla numbers and see how the lag is then.
I am insane. But this doesn't mean i can't play whit 140 girls in the brothel using v. 0.15b and a pc whit half the ram, an older Gpu and whitout this crazy latency.
Anyway i had enough whit this issue, i can live whit it :cry:

I do think Goldo can help this a bit by either paging the girls or using vpgrid instead of viewport. A certain rodent might suggest it to him. :)
Curious about who this rodent could be...

Also, your save size is out of control and Goldo should take a hard look at what he's storing there. Especially since you only have about two years' worth of logs. config.save_dump can help some.
I am confused. I have no idea how big should the save file be :rolleyes:

Edit: Most of your girls seem to be pretty trash trait-wise, though, despite being Trait King girls. I guess you have something against the little pirate lass? :cautious:
Uh, are you referring to the Headhunter? I don't use that mod.
I really don't care much about a girl's trait, my main concern is the pics she use. Aaaand if i find where to edit that plagued "Mind fucked" trait i will make it to be a real green trait and not a land mine as it is now. View attachment 1-4-LT1.save

Last edited:
Reactions: Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Loading a save... Could be that the Mindtrick spell wasn't really active and the game was tricking me to think otherwise?
Since it's the old Mindtrick that never expires, you were never charged for it unless you cast it on the same turn. So your mana expenditure was actually 49-10 = 39. 39 = 39, still.

But this doesn't mean i can't play whit 140 girls in the brothel using v. 0.15b and a pc whit half the ram, an older Gpu and whitout this crazy latency.
Anyway i had enough whit this issue, i can live whit it
No, this issue should get resolved, epsecially if that same game worked before. Try Ch12's instructions to verify that you don't have the 'predict' bug, and try something like MC.girls = MC.girls[:20] and see if this is better (save first, of course). I suspect neither is the root cause, but it would be good to get to the bottom of this so that the next you won't have to suffer.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I am confused. I have no idea how big should the save file be
Well, normally under a Mb. BK is a very data-driven game, so perhaps a few Mb. I do hope that when Goldo dumps your save it won't be a Gb+, as I recently found a buggy project of mine to be. :cautious:

Uh, are you referring to the Headhunter? I don't use that mod.
Aha! So you do have something against her? What did she do to you? Show us on this dollie! :D

I really don't care much about a girl's trait, my main concern is the pics she use.
Well, you're playing with Trait King, and that mod's big thing is that traits are more involved and more powerful. Seems like a waste to populate your brothel with 100+ trash girls when you could be going for double-gold-trait lasses with highly synergetic traits.

Aaaand if i find where to edit that plagued "Mind fucked" trait i will make it to be a real green trait and not a land mine as it is now.
Mind Fucked is an early-game trait. This is exactly the situation where you should be going to the pirate gal and getting a new girl without this and with some juicy gold traits.

j01ntr0l1a

Mar 23, 2022
can you still get achievements in endless mode? like when some of the achievements say "do in one playthough"

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes