RPGM Bryn's Adventure [v0.91] [Bryn]

4.40 star(s) 11 Votes

notafurry999

Feb 15, 2020
An update so far

Hi all!
Thanks for joining us on this journey of Bryn's Adventure. Just to keep you in the loop of progress of far, the following tasks have been completed.

Save before Beach event (Saving option will occur for all day events from the future onwards)
Separate stats (Broken up the stats now, so if Bryn is 'met' at night and is attacked in one of the three ways (V/BJ/TJ) these will now be added up as separate stats.
I have moving cars and bikers, but I'm still deciding if I do style it to Naked order, where if Bryn gets hit by a car something may happen to her/ a few CGs of some sort/ a mini escape some trapped place event. This I am going to actually leave a poll for the supporters of the Patreon to vote on. (There are already plans for Bikers)
Image Caching. I can't get Image caching to work just yet, trying to get my head around that in all transparency, (this stops pictures from flickering black if it's a new CG loaded in, after a CG is loading in for the first time, it runs smoothly) Image caching stops the black flicker in the first place. However, I have made my own version of it for just the 'caught at night' scenes and that works. So I'm thinking how to proceed with that.
Adult store created, added into the Office District. CGs made for using a specific item from that store has also been made. This will be a day event/mandatory mission. The plan for this is to unlock further missions that require the use of an adult toy.

Still in the works / deciding which mission to add and then remake the CGs for it So that's where I'm up to so far.
Someone mentioned on Itch about the same CG animation for the BJ scene on the Beach, I do have separate CG for that scene but it is the case of putting it together, which is difficult. But there is a plan to swap that out at a future date for the new one.

There is a problem with the Cicada still playing at night, no one has pointed that out, but for some reason I can't get it to stop at night aha o_O

I hope everyone is doing well and thank you so far for your support! Poll to follow on Patreon for supporters.
-B
what cicada is that somthing with the sound i play every game i play on muted to hear some youtube videos at the same time that could explain it a bit

Mesmerizet

Mar 14, 2020
do you have an save file of the buged humpr play trough or can you explain the bug in more detail that would likly help the dev

there literealy is blackmail which was shown in the intro ?

there are multiple save files of posted in the thread from batman at night and myself for all the stuff you possible

can you give an more thorogh explenation of the humpr problem so you searched the web, the first photo happened and you did not get of those 3 twinkeling stars to show up? was it still not possible to go out of the house and what did you do befor that
View attachment 3280205
there are no staminia upgrades unless you mean the sexual stamina and if you mean that please explain how you glitched yourself out of the third heart (from my experince you get the third heart after you get raped multiple times )

and i am confused for your third point and cant re creat it can you send an picture
Yeah regarding blackmail, I figured it out after 5mins into the game. Glad that it felt a bit more realistic that way.

I tried saves, however they weren't loading up well for me.

For HumpR - assuming all that's involved is to post picture (step 1) and then view comments on picture (step 2).
It shows up as red on Scene Recall and it indicates us to this pickup point - but there's nothing there on either Day or Night:

Screenshot_1268.png

For the Park mission, yes I'm not sure how I found this glitch. It was maybe by attempting the mission first, but then deciding not to as it would result in a reset to Day.
So I went ahead and did the Parking Lot one instead, but after that the Park mission was glitched -
Screenshot_1269.png

The boxes in red are blocked, the character can not move into those. Park is also inaccessible during the Day.

Also, of course the NPC with the ! fucked Bryn, but she's still at default Stamina (2) resulting in an instant reset to Day.

I'm curious how you glitch for the Stamina? You mean sexual stamina or? Cause that is built to upgrade after many X encounters.

Working on the HumpR1 thing, the player isn't meant to be allowed to go back into the scene room whilst mission is on. So it should just be Red, and then Green after completion.

Having a look into the Park 1, not sure what you mean by partition of wood?

-B
Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, Sexual Stamina. Even after 30+ encounters, it's still at 2.
On other playthroughs, I've received the upgrade at like less than 5 encounters itself.

Didn't go back to the scene room iirc, just did the two tasks above (upload picture, view comments) and it shows as Red. Is there anything else that I'm missing?
Attached photo for park/humpr issues above. Ignore wooden partition, I noticed it's just the gfx for the park.

Great game btw.

Reactions: notafurry999

BrynsAdventureGame

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2023
what cicada is that somthing with the sound i play every game i play on muted to hear some youtube videos at the same time that could explain it a bit
The sound crickets/cicada? Make during the summer seasons, it plays for some reason at night, which I know they do make noises at night. But I didn't want them to. For some reason it's started to play at night and I've not messed around at all with those settings.

Yeah regarding blackmail, I figured it out after 5mins into the game. Glad that it felt a bit more realistic that way.

I tried saves, however they weren't loading up well for me.

For HumpR - assuming all that's involved is to post picture (step 1) and then view comments on picture (step 2).
It shows up as red on Scene Recall and it indicates us to this pickup point - but there's nothing there on either Day or Night:

View attachment 3294231

For the Park mission, yes I'm not sure how I found this glitch. It was maybe by attempting the mission first, but then deciding not to as it would result in a reset to Day.
So I went ahead and did the Parking Lot one instead, but after that the Park mission was glitched -
View attachment 3294236

The boxes in red are blocked, the character can not move into those. Park is also inaccessible during the Day.

Also, of course the NPC with the ! fucked Bryn, but she's still at default Stamina (2) resulting in an instant reset to Day.

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, Sexual Stamina. Even after 30+ encounters, it's still at 2.
On other playthroughs, I've received the upgrade at like less than 5 encounters itself.

Didn't go back to the scene room iirc, just did the two tasks above (upload picture, view comments) and it shows as Red. Is there anything else that I'm missing?
Attached photo for park/humpr issues above. Ignore wooden partition, I noticed it's just the gfx for the park.

Great game btw.
Thanks for pointing out the Park 1 mission, I'll have to check that over again.

The HumpR mission I know has a recall room issue, which is part of the completion stuff. It will count as complete, but I have fixed the reason why it hasn't for the next update.
You're doing it right, photos, upload is complete. Comments are just extra.

Not sure if it's just something that's happened along the way for you and the sexual stamina? If it works from a fresh save, that's the main thing. I try to make everything in the game as a fresh save instance realistically.

BigMoisty

Jul 10, 2022
Would there be any future content for kimi as well? Considering how cute kimi looked as well in the beach scenes, i think it'd be a decent idea to ENF parts for kimi as well although i know the game technically should focus on Bryn since it IS Bryns Adventure

Maybe like one of the potential ways to include both would be kimi tries to defend Bryn from the bullies or one of the main antagonists, but ends up getting caught in the crossfire and they humiliate kimi AND bryn. Or maybe at the beach when kimi is changing the woah app forces Bryn to sabotage her friend and steal her clothes first. But then Bryn also gets caught up in another situation

Idrk but i ust wanted to suggest some stuff and ask as well.

Reactions: BatmanAtNight

FPcrab

Aug 14, 2018
Sadly that's because of the triggers set beforehand for the event and if they're passed it just doesn't trigger. Remember this is a tech demo and I'm working on everything as if it were 'a new game' rather than back logging missed events, I want to focus on new player/fresh player experience. But for the temp fix I will introduce these events in the recall room at a later date also and somehow figure out how to backlog those events.

-B
try change call trigger from =6 day to >=6 or something )

BrynsAdventureGame

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2023
Would there be any future content for kimi as well? Considering how cute kimi looked as well in the beach scenes, i think it'd be a decent idea to ENF parts for kimi as well although i know the game technically should focus on Bryn since it IS Bryns Adventure

Maybe like one of the potential ways to include both would be kimi tries to defend Bryn from the bullies or one of the main antagonists, but ends up getting caught in the crossfire and they humiliate kimi AND bryn. Or maybe at the beach when kimi is changing the woah app forces Bryn to sabotage her friend and steal her clothes first. But then Bryn also gets caught up in another situation

Idrk but i ust wanted to suggest some stuff and ask as well.
I do want to add a journey with Kimi, but that will be 'day timed events' which happen throughout the game and outcomes may change, but I had, change for Bryn in mind. Those plans which I will be releasing at a later date. But for the length of Kimi and having her own branch, there wasn't one planned as a major mission follow trough.
try change call trigger from =6 day to >=6 or something )
I will do this to fix the recall room as a back log, but this will change when I get to V1.0, but no one will know the difference. The plan is for V1.0 to be a new save file though.

BrynsAdventureGame

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2023
End of Jan update roundup

It's been busy working, and busy making. So just a small round up to what has happened so far.

The separated Stats overhaul has been done.
Moving Bikes and Cars ready to go (Patreon vote pending on the outcome of what happens when Bryn is hit by a car)
Image caching Plugin didn't work (Well it was confusing), but I worked around it. I made my own system rerouting some images to rendering in whilst loading into a new map or prior before options. This has worked really well, and quite smartly. So that will mean less of black flickering, I'll aim to put this into V0.7.
Adult store has been made, CGs have been made for this one. It will be a day mission.
CGs for another Mall mission have been made.
CGs for another selfie/photo store mission have been made, but I might hold onto that one for when the map grows in size.

Work left so far
Create the smaller map for a new store in the mall and program that new mission in.
Program the day event, trip to the adult store (This one I did in an old build of the game that I lost last year, so I know where I'm going with this one).

Plans for after
I have a lot to report back! With plans going forward, big plans. I will be writing up the new roadmap and changes going forwards with the game after the Patreon vote has ended.

So a little left to be done for this patch V0.7, and a lot to explain pushing forwards in direction.
-B

notafurry999

Feb 15, 2020
End of Jan update roundup

It's been busy working, and busy making. So just a small round up to what has happened so far.

The separated Stats overhaul has been done.
Moving Bikes and Cars ready to go (Patreon vote pending on the outcome of what happens when Bryn is hit by a car)
Image caching Plugin didn't work (Well it was confusing), but I worked around it. I made my own system rerouting some images to rendering in whilst loading into a new map or prior before options. This has worked really well, and quite smartly. So that will mean less of black flickering, I'll aim to put this into V0.7.
Adult store has been made, CGs have been made for this one. It will be a day mission.
CGs for another Mall mission have been made.
CGs for another selfie/photo store mission have been made, but I might hold onto that one for when the map grows in size.

Work left so far
Create the smaller map for a new store in the mall and program that new mission in.
Program the day event, trip to the adult store (This one I did in an old build of the game that I lost last year, so I know where I'm going with this one).

Plans for after
I have a lot to report back! With plans going forward, big plans. I will be writing up the new roadmap and changes going forwards with the game after the Patreon vote has ended.

So a little left to be done for this patch V0.7, and a lot to explain pushing forwards in direction.
-B
thanks for the update

will the mall get some more npcs after the mission (in general is the plan that the day map slowly becomes more livly with more mission completed)
where is the adult store again
whats the new store and will all the other stores also get some small maps

BrynsAdventureGame

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2023
thanks for the update

will the mall get some more npcs after the mission (in general is the plan that the day map slowly becomes more livly with more mission completed)
where is the adult store again
whats the new store and will all the other stores also get some small maps
I have more mall missions planned as I think it's a great area to utilise, I do want to increase people, or people within specific shops.
The adult store is in the Office district, the one with the train station.

Built a Boutique clothes store, to work with the new mall mission, I will be building other smaller and accessible buildings but I need to make sure that there's a purpose for them.

Armelle69

Dec 2, 2018
So, rape is unavoidable. First night, I want to check a spot which seemd important (it wasn't). A guy comes (and not a "walker", those those I was told to be wary of, just a regular guy), and no solution to avoid him. No way to run (he's like 5 times faster than I am), no way to escape, no way to fight, not even any choice on how it could happen.
Hugely disapointed, the game seemed to be really promising.

BrynsAdventureGame

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2023
So, rape is unavoidable. First night, I want to check a spot which seemd important (it wasn't). A guy comes (and not a "walker", those those I was told to be wary of, just a regular guy), and no solution to avoid him. No way to run (he's like 5 times faster than I am), no way to escape, no way to fight, not even any choice on how it could happen.
Hugely disapointed, the game seemed to be really promising.
Send screenshot of where you mean, or try explain please. All characters are the same speed in V0.6 and just have longer distance where they chase the main player. Sprint button also allows you to out run. But there shouldn't be much of a 'faster' character.

Armelle69

Dec 2, 2018
Send screenshot of where you mean, or try explain please. All characters are the same speed in V0.6 and just have longer distance where they chase the main player. Sprint button also allows you to out run. But there shouldn't be much of a 'faster' character.
I closed the game immediatly when the rape scene occured. Didnt't have time to save anything anywhere.
The "outrun" I tested before didn't seem to make any real difference (instead of being overslow, i could walk...).

I was at the east of my house, entered in a zone by the north, near something that looked like a teleportation spot (couldn't use it). I had to wait there (you know, I was exhausted cause I walked 200m...)
And a hairy guy came from the north, which was my only way out. I lowered my self, for him not to see me. But I had no possible escape (unless overspeed run, which doesn't really exist). I was waiting for him to look somewhere else, to run behind him, but he never turned his back to me more than 2 seconds.
I could only hope that he wouldn't attack me (reasonable hope, as he wasn't one of the "walkers" I was supposed to be wary of). He was strolling, until he got lucky, and was able to see me => direct attack on me (waaaaay faster than I could ever hope to run anyway).

The only possible escape was... Well, not to go there at the first time, but I just couldn't know it was a trap.

I made a mistake, took some risk to "visit", entered a dangerous area, ok.
But the problems are :
  • beginning of the game => it's normal to visit my area, so you shouldn't make it as dangerous in the beginning
  • It seems we can't save when we want (why ??? no reason for that)
  • Not any possibility to avoid agression, in any way
    • like a button "escape", that could send me home and end the night stroll because of the fear)
    • or some "fight token", some kind of joker hat allows you 1 mistake by night
    • or "extra speed" capability sometimes
  • Don't explain that 1 specific type of huy (with their picture) are dangerous, when in fact absolutely everyone is
  • Not having any choice in the way the scene could occure (ok, you caught me, so what about I expose myself / you can grope me / a blowjob / some pictures of me...)
    I can understand that developping these options will take some time, but I believe you'll have to think about that

Reactions: BigMoisty

BrynsAdventureGame

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2023
I closed the game immediatly when the rape scene occured. Didnt't have time to save anything anywhere.
The "outrun" I tested before didn't seem to make any real difference (instead of being overslow, i could walk...).

I was at the east of my house, entered in a zone by the north, near something that looked like a teleportation spot (couldn't use it). I had to wait there (you know, I was exhausted cause I walked 200m...)
And a hairy guy came from the north, which was my only way out. I lowered my self, for him not to see me. But I had no possible escape (unless overspeed run, which doesn't really exist). I was waiting for him to look somewhere else, to run behind him, but he never turned his back to me more than 2 seconds.
I could only hope that he wouldn't attack me (reasonable hope, as he wasn't one of the "walkers" I was supposed to be wary of). He was strolling, until he got lucky, and was able to see me => direct attack on me (waaaaay faster than I could ever hope to run anyway).

The only possible escape was... Well, not to go there at the first time, but I just couldn't know it was a trap.

I made a mistake, took some risk to "visit", entered a dangerous area, ok.
But the problems are :
  • beginning of the game => it's normal to visit my area, so you shouldn't make it as dangerous in the beginning
  • It seems we can't save when we want (why ??? no reason for that)
  • Not any possibility to avoid agression, in any way
    • like a button "escape", that could send me home and end the night stroll because of the fear)
    • or some "fight token", some kind of joker hat allows you 1 mistake by night
    • or "extra speed" capability sometimes
  • Don't explain that 1 specific type of huy (with their picture) are dangerous, when in fact absolutely everyone is
  • Not having any choice in the way the scene could occure (ok, you caught me, so what about I expose myself / you can grope me / a blowjob / some pictures of me...)
    I can understand that developping these options will take some time, but I believe you'll have to think about that
I can see the walker you mean on that one, I might lower the difficulty that makes him slower at turning and detecting for the first half of the game and then return it to normal speed. That might be something to look over for the entire starting area, that does sound sensible.

I'm trying to get a good balance for the stamina and distance for running which is still an ongoing problem and adjusting it still causes imbalance. Stamina is important for allowing some choice of saving it to escape.

However I like your suggestions of some opportunity to fight/flee, or offer up something else to escape. This could be an item or something used which could give a small menu before anything else happens, which then allows the walker to /grope/take photos etc.

Allowing the user only to save at home or at any phone booth builds the risk of going out at night, and 'something' may or may not happen. If I added free-save anywhere, players tend to 'savescumming' and the thrill/risk of running around at night seems to be lost, or missions aren't taken as severely. Maybe that's something I consider for V1.0 and leave that to a vote.

Thank you for explaining that issue, and those good suggestions there!
-B

Armelle69

Dec 2, 2018
BrynsAdventureGame :

I would like to add some other remarks.
Some of them have probably already been made (I admit I didn't read every message above here ^^). And I probably didn't understand correctly some things...
All this can probably appear as harsh (especially since english is not my native language => my way of speaking can lack subtlety afterward ^^) ; but believe me it's meant to be constructive and positive : I wuold'nt take so much time to write all this if I didn't believe your game could be great ;)
I saw your answer (while beginning this long text), and I believe that you're really in a positive disposition, you seem quite open to suggestions. So, i'm confident ;)
  • There are too many rules to integrate right at the beginning (that could come little by little), without enough explanations (or given too fast). Especially :
    • what is a Task point ? Why trading GPS tags ? That makes too many layers, without any real interest)
      You could count only the GPS tags, and when you have enough of them you can access the next mission.
    • I don't know what an "NFC chip" is, what is their purpose (trade GPS tags ?)
    • Probably some other things at the beginning, but as I didn't realise that there would be a lot of them, I didn't note them at first, and... Well, I oprobably forgot some important things !
  • Too many useless limitations:
    • Why give a 21 day limit ? If some people want to rush the game as quickly as possible, good for them ; and if others like it slow, want to visit the world and so on, good for them too. There is no added value in adding a time limit.
    • Why giving access to informations on computer at home, and not directly in the menu ? (mission progress and so on)
    • Why suppressing the save option in the menu ? Why prohibit people from saving whenever they want?
      I saw your answer, that it could add some tension, some sens of danger... I can understand that, but... I can't relate ^^
      Yes, some players like this tension, probably, especially hardcore gamers. But as for myself, I really hate this kind of tension when I play a game, especially erotic games. When I play, I like to relax, and read/experience a good, stimulating story... Failing only upsets me, give me useless stress, makes me realize I lost some precious time, and make me want to abandon the game (I already abandoned quite a few games because of that).
      To keep some kind of tension for those who love it, you could make different levels of difficulties (with or without saves, speed or length of sight of the NPCs...). I know this will add a lot of work to code that...
      But I'm not sure it's worth taking the risk of loosing the calm players by suppressing this option. Hardcore gamers can dodge the "save button" themselves if they really want some risks...
  • Why, at the beginning, making it a blackmail story ? It's a huge question, and I know some people really like that, but... It's risky.
    As for myself, someone wants to blackmail me ? No problem, I'll do anything to destroy him, go to the police, letting him spread the photos, even kill him if I have to... Anything but being kind to him, anything but pleasing him... In a situation like this, I could even go out naked in plain sight, just to show him that I won't let him have any power over me. I don't remember which celebrity was blackmailed for a titty picture : she immediatly spread this picture of her tits in the social media, explaining the situation => She became a heroine in everyone's eyes instead of being a victim.
    There can be countless and richer possibilities. Which need more reflexion(s) and writing of course : blackmail is the quickest way to begin. The dark side, but not especially the strongest side of the force...
    I hope it's just a quick way to start creation of the game, and that things will be more written afterwards...
    Even blackmail can be considered, but in a more subtle way than that, less abrupt, less violent. If only by presenting these as pledges, and not threats...
    We can also imagine situations where the blackmailer can almost appear as an ally, if he's a subtle enough manipulator...
    Or why not, let it be a blackmail against someone close to you, and not against yourself (I can take the risk to refuse it if it's only me involve, not if it's to protect my sister, my mother, my bestie...) ; then transform the story so that we can still expose and vainquish the blackmailer at the end...
  • Why everybody must be an agressor ??? To trigger sex scenes ? I don't understand why this is so much systematic in games...
    Consented sex is always much better for everyone (except for psychopaths, maybe ?... Not even sure...).
    I know that rape is THE norm for a lot of people in here, but it's just because writers are lazy (or I hope so : I reefer this explanation than the psychopath's): it's easier to imagine that every guy i just a complete asshole, and to believe that this point of view will multiply sex scenes.
    Except it won't multiply anything.
    I can't believe that the majority of people here really prefer such torture above shared pleasure. Even in games ! We can be a bit more modern, realistic (and therefore, more immersive, therefore more exciting), and of course more respectful than that.
    ... But I'll explain some options at the end...
  • A good solution to many of these questions would be to give "points" according to the difficulty of the tasks :
    • You have to get enough points to get rid of the blackmail
    • The more risks to be seen, the more points earned
    • Do things that has never been done yet : more points
    • There could be some punishments for acting like a chicken ; these punishments could be the realise of some pictures in the town or on the internet (with or without id)... Or, simply by removing some points !
      That could be a solution to add some tension too, btw...
    • Why not : some missions must be discrete (= lose some points every time you're seen), and some others (later) imply that you have to be seen (this could be crossed with a modesty statistic, or even write some scenes showing fear, great embarrassment, but where the character still manages to do it)
    • And for the guys who absolutely want sex : accepting interactions with people can be bonus points (openly expose yourself in specific postures, pictures, gropping, blowjob, cunilingus, vaginal or anal sex... Maybe you can all or not all of these choices, according if you're "lewd" enough or not, if you want to add such a stat someday)
      You can even lose more or less points if you never accept anything, again and again.
      => in that case, you'll surpass the 19th century concept of "every true male has to be an agressor".
      And your game will be pleasant for girls and normal guys (in opposition to psychopaths ones, who who confuse sex and agression ;) ).
      The people who want a maximum sex scenes can easily have them, the ones who don't like them (and those who like challenge) can avoid them...

Well, it was quite a long message ^^
And it's time for me to sleep now (23:02 here in France)

Ifllslonly

Oct 17, 2023
BrynsAdventureGame :
  • Too many useless limitations:
    • Why give a 21 day limit ? If some people want to rush the game as quickly as possible, good for them ; and if others like it slow, want to visit the world and so on, good for them too. There is no added value in adding a time limit.
    • Why suppressing the save option in the menu ? Why prohibit people from saving whenever they want?
      I saw your answer, that it could add some tension, some sens of danger... I can understand that, but... I can't relate ^^
  • Or why not, let it be a blackmail against someone close to you, and not against yourself (I can take the risk to refuse it if it's only me involve, not if it's to protect my sister, my mother, my bestie...) ; then transform the story so that we can still expose and vainquish the blackmailer at the end...
  • Consented sex is always much better for everyone (except for psychopaths, maybe ?... Not even sure...).
  • A good solution to many of these questions would be to give "points" according to the difficulty of the tasks :
    • You have to get enough points to get rid of the blackmail
    • The more risks to be seen, the more points earned
    • Do things that has never been done yet : more points
    • There could be some punishments for acting like a chicken ; these punishments could be the realise of some pictures in the town or on the internet (with or without id)... Or, simply by removing some points !
      That could be a solution to add some tension too, btw...
    • Why not : some missions must be discrete (= lose some points every time you're seen), and some others (later) imply that you have to be seen (this could be crossed with a modesty statistic, or even write some scenes showing fear, great embarrassment, but where the character still manages to do it)
    • The people who want a maximum sex scenes can easily have them, the ones who don't like them (and those who like challenge) can avoid them...
I have to admit that you rather constructive in your post, but still pushing your agenda way too much imo, so I just want to comment/vote on parts that make more sense or are controversial; and not just your personal preferences.
  • About limitations:
    • Why do you want to add empty space to the game? I honestly don't get it, the day limit itself doesn't make much sense, but will work much better if it's tied to something else to make it part of the gameplay and I hope it will. Or you just don't want gameplay? The sandbox concept is way too hard to implement without contributions.
    • Why would you want to remove another gameplay element from the game? But there could be an option for people like you, for example with the difficulty setting.
  • Agreed, blackmail is kind of one-sided and rarely looks good in games. Rather lazy concept in general. Main problem is blackmail tends to be straight downhill and it make story too predictable and simple; but it can be helped with proper writing. Blackmailer should have some sort of restraint to make a story more interesting.
    • Proxy blackmail sounds like a pretty good suggestion imo - I would vote for this one.
  • I'm not a 'psychopath', but consensual sex is boring 99% of the time and doesn't make much sense in this particular game. If you have an idea how to make consensual sex fun, please share it here.
  • About suggestions:
    • What if the main girl gets rid of the blackmail? What is the next step to make the story fun? - You just want to get rid of the story element, right?;)
    • Good suggestion I would vote for this one.
    • Good suggestion I would vote for this one. Scenes showing fear sound awesome.
    • At this point it's just like watching porn, isn't it? Lewd stat is a rather lazy thing to do imo - it's almost always implemented in a way like "watch porn slides in a given order" kind of way. I think that porn content in any porn game should make sense and not just be there for the sake of it.

Personally, I would suggest showing more of Bryn's personality and slowing down the corruption pace a bit. I like that she's not clichéd and has some sort of background, but I think it would be better if the story didn't start with the threesome, blackmailer could fabricate the photo for example or at least show that she was drugged and not just drunk. I just want to know her temperament, her character beforehand.
I also think that it's better if a girl in a game with exhibitionism are not that 'open-minded' - it's just not that good for the exhibitionism part.

I feel you there, I programmed the entire game with her being in the corner all the time. Someone suggested about having an option to remove her. So I made that option but forgot that all the prior programming that graphic is meant to reappear after events and interactions.

I've been going through it all to remove it from happening.
But where is the option to show her? :LUL: You can also make the image transparent when characters go in said direction.

And "when heroine raped several nights at row she becomes more resilient, and can handle 2-3 rapes per night." this is hilarious mechanic not gonna lie. I think it's better when both the gameplay and the plot are believable and engaging.
One last general advice: BrynsAdventureGame, I think it's better to focus more on quality, rather than quantity for now, it's crucial and especially accurate for a game with Ai art.

Last edited:

lewdpirate

Apr 15, 2019
Just going to offer my 2 cents.

Not all kinks appeal to everyone, no reason to kink-shame. Blackmail as a fantasy concept can be very intriguing for the same reasons ravishing fantasies are. There is something about not being the agent in your own lewd fantasies that is liberating for some people (me for instance).

While I agree that player agency to refuse the blackmailer is always nice to have, I personally want that option for the unforeseen consequences that drags the MC further into trouble, rather than the empowerment and "good ending", after all the lewdness has to continue.

Fantasy does not have to reflect reality, and the "males is aggressors" fit the theme and narrative of this particular fantasy. This is what some people (me for instance) like to immerse themselves in for brief windows of time to arouse the brain. And then return to a more benevolent reality.

I don't think I am a psychopath :unsure:

BrynsAdventureGame

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2023
I've read these comments above a few days ago and just wanted to let it sink in before I reply.
I've noted down suggestions, and yes I think of not going in heavy on the lewd/corruption stat. I want to do character building, I don't want her to conform to being some slut. There needs to be an ease with her 'getting used to it' rather than 'looking for it'.
I like the idea of having the chance to 'offer' something else to walkers like groping or photos, that's actually a really cool idea. It doesn't have to be at night also, could happen in other events during the day.

But to get to the point
I'm making this game to how i've envisioned it, off the style of Naked order and Naked adventure, which includes the blackmail, the stats which will affect endings at some point.

I am happy with constructive criticism and suggestions. But when people start to direct how the game should be towards their own preferences, it becomes difficult to make. I get it though, everyone has tastes.
I don't really take on comments to the heart if it's because someone doesn't like something because it's not their 'thing', that just means the game isn't for them.
I'm not going to be rebuilding entire things because someone doesn't like the story arc, or the blackmail, or the corruption (There isn't really corruption in this game, well I don't think. I've not intentionally implemented it?) or if the player made a wrong turn down a street and got caught. But like in previous versions where a 'walker or 'jogger' was too fast and they couldn't escape and player have reached out and said this ain't working. That's fair enough and I will look into stamina, and into enemy speed movement. We make adjustments and put it back out there in the next version to trial.

The entire purpose of the game is to try and sneak around at night, maybe get caught? Look, I get the stamina isn't great, and the sneaking around is still not 100% but i'd say it's a good lot better than how it used to be. Why would I remove both of those options? Who wants an RPGM game that has either walk or run (default). How fast are the enemies going to go then? Are they going to 'walk' after you at night? Building in stamina means you've got to prepare your own 'resource management' when you're about to run down a street that may be busy, or a mission you've failed once and now more prepared or knowing the pattern of a walker at night, to sneak instead (which reduces detection down to 2 squares). These options build that level of intensity, the 'adrenaline' if you like and that's the purpose of saving only at home or at a phonebooth. Limiting these options means that the gameplay runs how it should be and if it doesn't go well, then that's the part of the story or day cut short.
I'll look into some sort one time use save items so a player can save somewhere, but then that starts to break the game. That's the reason why I took the 'Save sphere' out. If people save a game and come back to it another time, the game script still runs that entire area almost as new, so if there is any cinematic events or movement, or character movement that needs to happen and it gets stuck. Then the game is stuck and the player cannot continue and therefore the savefile is poop. So by limiting the save access, I know that the game can reload properly for player rather than break. I've set it all up to load up correctly.

There are the comments where people have played it for 5 minutes and get angry because, 'it's not how they wanted it to happen' or they 'got caught one night and lost a day' That's the idea of the game, sometimes you can't control every element but you can prep yourself with timing, stamina, sneak, or going an opposite direction.

There is no such thing as a 'perfect run' at least not yet until I revise different endings at a later-later date.

I've been trying to think of a good reply to those sort of comments and i've found the perfect meme. Please see below.
meme.png
The more you fuck around, the higher chance you'll find out. :D

But yeah, these comments suck to read, it's disheartening. But that's the business, especially it seems in this category/corner of the game development universe. Remember i've had pretty much no experience in game design, i'm working on this during my free time (which this month has been tough admittedly, but i'm not giving up ofc!), and the games free. At least for those who are downloading it and not supporting the patreon.

But then I thank those who have put time into writing those messages, those constructive ones, and especially those who have been out right helpful. This game wouldn't be as it would now, if it wasn't for those players. You know who you are and I will be giving credit in the game. Those who have supported through patreon, thank you for donating to this project, i've always been clear the money raised goes to copious amounts of coffee and also things for the game, like recently an SFX pack. So as a side message, to those, thank you again.

-B

BrynsAdventureGame

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2023
Just going to offer my 2 cents.

Not all kinks appeal to everyone, no reason to kink-shame. Blackmail as a fantasy concept can be very intriguing for the same reasons ravishing fantasies are. There is something about not being the agent in your own lewd fantasies that is liberating for some people (me for instance).

While I agree that player agency to refuse the blackmailer is always nice to have, I personally want that option for the unforeseen consequences that drags the MC further into trouble, rather than the empowerment and "good ending", after all the lewdness has to continue.

Fantasy does not have to reflect reality, and the "males is aggressors" fit the theme and narrative of this particular fantasy. This is what some people (me for instance) like to immerse themselves in for brief windows of time to arouse the brain. And then return to a more benevolent reality.

I don't think I am a psychopath :unsure:
The lewdness has to continue. The show must go on.
Great quote.

4.40 star(s) 11 Votes