Others California Strip Poker [v1.15] [Eldricus]

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes

spam753

Aug 6, 2017
I thought I understood poker, but this game confuses me ;)

What do "Shield", "Double and "Peek" do and why do I sometimes lose even though I have the better hand? (May be related to girls buying "Shield"?)

I suggest adding a small help screen to the game, accessible from the menu.

Last edited:

p22

Jun 21, 2017
Or just play "classic mode", which is actually standard 5 cards draw poker.

maverih345456

Feb 27, 2018
I thought I understood poker, but this game confuses me ;)

What do "Shield", "Double and "Peek" do and why do I sometimes lose even though I have the better hand? (May be related to girls buying "Shield"?)

I suggest adding a small help screen to the game, accessible from the menu.
Like I said anyone have a cheat to win the game?

p22

Jun 21, 2017
Sometimes, after the round ends, the game does not allow dealing new cards, which blocks the game from progressing.
You can only start a new game, to unlock yourself.

Console has following error:

Exception in thread "Thread-8" com.csp.util.CSPException: Deck has no more cards.
at com.csp.poker.Deck.dealCard(Deck.java:79)
at com.csp.poker.Game.doPlayerChangeCards(Game.java:889)
at com.csp.poker.Game.playStep(Game.java:1043)
at com.csp.display.GameRunner.run(GameRunner.java:89)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I do play classic mode, and often cheat using Draw ($20) option.

General feedback:
I think Draw cheat should be a once per game turn since currently it can be done indefinitely (until you spend your money).

maverih345456

Feb 27, 2018
Sometimes, after the round ends, the game does not allow dealing new cards, which blocks the game from progressing.

Exception in thread "Thread-8" com.csp.util.CSPException: Deck has no more cards.

General feedback:
I think Draw cheat should be a once per game turn since currently it can be done indefinitely (until you spend your money).
Its not enough,can anyone show us the gallery instead?

PIJUDO1960

Aug 15, 2020
Game CSP EXE is deleted as a virus so i cant play the game after downloaded it 5 times in 5 different places
Please upload the game to Mega again

spam753

Aug 6, 2017
Game CSP EXE is deleted as a virus so i cant play the game after downloaded it 5 times in 5 different places
Please upload the game to Mega again
Do you really think the 6th time is the charm? A new upload won't solve your problem. It will still be the same file.

PIJUDO1960

Aug 15, 2020
Do you really think the 6th time is the charm? A new upload won't solve your problem. It will still be the same file.
I was saying that because some people can play the game and the only place where the game files are deleted was in Mega , so i think that if some people can play the game maybe is because they downloaded it from Mega and maybe i am a fool but i really want to play the game.

eldricus

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017

General feedback:

Thanks for catching that and posting the stack trace. I have fixed the bug. The fix will be in the next update.

Hint: Pretty sure this could only happen if using the pay-to-draw button a lot before doing your normal free redraw. Waiting until after you've redrawn once for free is much more cost-effective.

As a reward, here's a sneak preview of Candy's new outfit, which will also be in the next update!

bug_reward.jpg

Reactions: p22

eldricus

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
I was saying that because some people can play the game and the only place where the game files are deleted was in Mega , so i think that if some people can play the game maybe is because they downloaded it from Mega and maybe i am a fool but i really want to play the game.
Try downloading the latest version from the game's site:

Some older versions ended up tripping antiviruses with false positives until I tweaked how CSP.exe was generated. Sorry about the confusion. If that keeps happening, the more recent versions of the game also come bundled with the csp.jar file, which can be double-clicked to play even without a .exe file around.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
Even the latest 25.1 version still trips Windows Defender.

Which does not make sense, since exe is literally just executing java code. If you unzip it, you just see java classes, some resource images and manifest file. There is nothing even remotely malicious.

PIJUDO1960

Aug 15, 2020
Even the latest 25.1 version still trips Windows Defender.

Which does not make sense, since exe is literally just executing java code. If you unzip it, you just see java classes, some resource images and manifest file. There is nothing even remotely malicious.
But i still have the problem that the exe is deleted by Windows Defender or by my Avast Antivirus and the game is working with a double clock on the csp.jar file cause the exe file in not required to start the game

Last edited:

PIJUDO1960

Aug 15, 2020
Try downloading the latest version from the game's site:

Some older versions ended up tripping antiviruses with false positives until I tweaked how CSP.exe was generated. Sorry about the confusion. If that keeps happening, the more recent versions of the game also come bundled with the csp.jar file, which can be double-clicked to play even without a .exe file around.
Ok and Thank You i finally started the game without the exe file as you said doing double click on csp.jar

Reactions: eldricus

The Priestess

Sep 10, 2019
I tried to download the current version from the itch.io loccation and Norton declares it as a trojan virus, is their a reason why out of curiosity as I really want to play it

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes