Others California Strip Poker [v1.15] [Eldricus]

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
OK, I got this thing to work. How did I do it? I clicked the .jar program, NOT the .exe program, and loaded perfectly fine.

Hestk

Jun 7, 2017
You'll actually have to have Java Runtime installed into your computer if you don't have it yet before you can run the .jar file as well.

eldricus

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
I just published version 0.19 of California Strip Poker today. There are new double-up and shield actions for the streamlined game mode that add a whole new strategic dimension to the game.

Devlog for 0.19 is here:

I'm hoping to put together another sexy update on time for Valentine's day, so stay tuned!

Dolt

May 12, 2019
This seems to have the same problem as SPNATI, interesting concept but boring to play since five-card draw is a pretty braindead version of poker, you exchange your cards, see what you got, and bet accordingly. Texas hold 'em is simply the better game unless all players are dead drunk.

eldricus

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
This seems to have the same problem as SPNATI, interesting concept but boring to play since five-card draw is a pretty braindead version of poker, you exchange your cards, see what you got, and bet accordingly. Texas hold 'em is simply the better game unless all players are dead drunk.
Five-card draw is still in the game. Select "classic" mode in the dropdowns at the main menu.

Personally I'm having a lot of fun with the new mode. The extra actions really help compensate for the "brain dead" problem. I wrote more about that decision back in the version 0.17 release notes:

eldricus

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
besides the new modes, the images update is about only one dress?
The .17 and .19 updates had no new girls or outfits, but added more pictures to some of the existing ones that weren't complete.

There were new outfits for Rosie, Crystal and Candy in the 0.18 Christmas update. You'll need to beat one of their other outfits first to unlock them though.
screenshot32.jpg

Last edited:

Dolt

May 12, 2019
Five-card draw is still in the game. Select "classic" mode in the dropdowns at the main menu.
I think you misunderstood my comment, I wasn't dissing the new mode (which is perfectly fine if you just wanna strip the characters though personally I don't see how it's even a game at that point). I was dissing five-card draw itself. It's just fundamentally a very boring version of poker that I've never understood the appeal of.

eldricus

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
I think you misunderstood my comment, I wasn't dissing the new mode (which is perfectly fine if you just wanna strip the characters though personally I don't see how it's even a game at that point). I was dissing five-card draw itself. It's just fundamentally a very boring version of poker that I've never understood the appeal of.
Oh yeah, I agree that Texas Holdem is generally the better poker.
Having to go through 4 rounds of betting and calling for each hand _really_ slows the game down though, which might be a problem for a stripping game. Even so, I did have plans to add it as an alternate mode for a while, but for now I'm going to focus on adding sound, finales, and more content to the game.

Reactions: Dolt

dajunk12

Mar 2, 2018
So... I have Java 8 installed, but I get the Java error. There is a csp.jar file in the main directory. If you double-click it then it runs. Not sure how the main executable file is checking for Java or what version it is looking for. The error message isn't helpful enough to figure that out.

There are other issues though. For example, on my ultrawide monitor, the 1920x1080 screen is stuck at the top left corner of my screen and I can't move it. Can I have a legit window and not force this broken "full screen" mode on me?

PTdaddy

Apr 29, 2019
For JAVA errors, uninstall Java and goto official website. Download there latest version,
Version 8 Update 281
works for me

Reactions: oszapo25

eldricus

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
So... I have Java 8 installed, but I get the Java error. There is a csp.jar file in the main directory. If you double-click it then it runs. Not sure how the main executable file is checking for Java or what version it is looking for. The error message isn't helpful enough to figure that out.

There are other issues though. For example, on my ultrawide monitor, the 1920x1080 screen is stuck at the top left corner of my screen and I can't move it. Can I have a legit window and not force this broken "full screen" mode on me?
Ask and you shall receive. The latest version (0.20) will now wrap the game in a window for screen resolutions higher than 1080P. You might still be better off setting your Windows display scale settings to 150% or 200% instead to get the full screen experience though.

There are more goodies in version 0.20. You can read the Devlog here:

lagaard

Jan 25, 2018
Nice to see this is still being developed. That being said, any idea, or plan, to make the game a bit more lively? It has some nice images going for it, but it still just feels like a series of pictures you're trying to unlock. While voice acting isn't required, it would be nice to have some kind of dialogue to read to make the girls feel like actual characters, instead of just still images.

eldricus

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
Yo what does "buy drinks" do?
It makes the ladies have a chance to play very poorly, bluff a lot more, and occasionally show you their cards by accident for a few rounds (usually 3). They can also draw cards poorly, so it still helps in streamlined mode.

Your mileage may vary though. Each lady is affected differently based on what they drink: Denise drinks water and isn't affected at all, but Candy is drinking shots and will get drunk very fast, especially if you keep buying more rounds. Not that it has much effect on her since Candy essentially plays at random by default. You will get the best bang for your buck against tougher opponents like Rosie and Vivian.

Right now there's no clear indication of the effect except for the occasional image of someone holding a drink and the button being disabled until the drinks are finished, but I'm hoping to have it come through a little more clearly once I add more dialog to the game.

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes