mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I am stuck on the blood ties quest. I already got an audience with Kendar but he keeps telling me that he needs time and not to disturb his mental prowess. When I check the quest log "Talk to Alpharius" and "Speak to Kendar" are green but "Find a way to get an audience with Kendar" and "Tell your parents what you learned" are still white. Shouldnt the audience think be checked off already? What can I do to progress at this point?
Are you a student at the academy? If I had to guess, this is probably a minor oversight from the days when you couldn't be one. Before the academy was properly added, all you had available were alternative methods, and so there was a need to point it out in the quest log. It's just a visual issue, and as long as you talk to your parents and Alpharius (again) you should still be able to complete the quest.

I'll make sure to mark that entry as complete when you speak to Kendar in the future, at the very least.

BE WARNED: SPOILERS FOR THE ENDING HERE

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On the subject of the cg's... it depends on how long term you wanna keep working on this project. The thing is, if you have good artists and good creative energy in your writing, the sky is the limit with this game. You're on of the few people to attempt an H rpg and actually take it seriously, so I think if you wanted to you could do an overhaul of the existing content and take it to another level of quality, you could make it happen. It's just a matter of do you wanna keep at this thing or move onto something else. I would recommend the former just because you've proven you have a good formula. Seriously though, with just you and an artist working on it, the profit margins for an overhauled and expanded Caliross could be insane. Think about it.

And yeah I just get annoyed by faceless males in scenes. I know it's standard fare, but look, if I'm playing a female protagonist game, I'm probably bi or a girl, in either case seeing dude's faces isn't going to be a problem. I was loving a lot of the male scenes, like the femdom one with the sleazy green haired guy. But it's just missing that little bit of emotional content there that you get from being able to see a face.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I worked for several years on Caliross and I am already a few years behind schedule for a 1.0 release at this point. While this means I got the chance to add way more than I previously planned, it also meant that some of the original ideas I had never made it in the game. While I like the game, I'd probably burn-out on the project if I kept at it for another year or two.

Also, you'd be surprised, but long projects tend to lose support over time, so the more I work on Caliross, the more I stand to lower how much I make. Perhaps a new update a few years down the line could be different, but I wouldn't count on it. I have the next game lined up anyway, and that's a sequel to a previous game which can't really wait much longer either.

I get not loving the faceless males, totally understandable. I think I'll probably avoid that in the future, for the most part (although for random encounters with minor characters it still makes sense, and sometimes the framing is what it is).
The vast majority of the audience is still heterosexual males, though, so this is more of a "I think it's an improvement" than a "I think my audience really wants this".

Reactions: sunaboz
4.30 star(s) 43 Votes