Ren'Py - Completed - Callisto [v1.00] [Xavster]

1. 5.00 star(s)

metamorphMP

Pros:
    - space theme and solid story.
    - beautiful LIs with well-written personalities and backstories
    - despite the game being a sandbox the story and dialogues are consistent, no abrupt/illogical/weird scenes & dialogues.
    - cool animations.
    - it toke a bit to understand how the game works, but once you get used to it - UI is actually very user-friendly i must say.
    - I liked girl attitude mechanics - to keep them all happy you really had to "work" hard.

Cons:
    - not unique animations.
    - not all of the LI's had ending, I only know that there are 4 so far: Lia, Tanya, Tiffany and Kara. But there were also other cool characters I would love to have ending with: sexy barista Julia, Alice&Rachel, and doc.

In general I liked game very much. I literally started and played it until I finished it, good thing that I did it on weekends.

Also I noticed that a lot of players were pissed because the game didn't have the harem ending.
    Well, personally I think that if this ending existed it wouldn't have made any sense, I mean while being on a run/mission they all shared the same ship and had fun, but everybody had his own goals, like Lia and Kara wanted to settle down eventually and start a family, Tanya wanted to explore the Universe, Tiffany had a big carrier goals. (and we kind of got those endings with them)
    I liked the game for good story and well-written characters and I hardly see them all just giving up their own life-goals and becoming MC's sex-maids, it would have ruined the characters if you ask me, but that's my perspective of course.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

poormansbillionaire

I finally got around to playing this game, and it may very well be the most complete, compelling, and overall amazing game I've experienced on here. I've played a ton of games on here because imma degen.

You can actually see the relationships develop so its more than just a female char getting introduced and promptly hopping in your bed. You get a background on the characters. They have character arcs with heroic moments included.

Minus the x-rated content and this could pass for an anime.

Beyond the character depth, theres money and relationship management at play. There are several elements that keep it from being a spacebar/CTRL simulator.

The game is well-written, paced, constructed, illustrated, animated, and the music is pretty good as well.

If you are looking for a game thats more than just a bang fest (while still having plenty of that as well), I highly recommend Callisto.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Sabrac24

Interesting game. Just finished it and got a crappy ending where, for some reason, everybody dies xD. Anyway here are some thoughts:

-Story: Very good actually. Somewhat predictable at times.
    -Character: The weakest point is the MC, to me he was too generic, man.. even his design was generic. On the other hand, I loved the girls and their backstories (especially Kara, Tiffany, Jerry "the mouse" and to some degree "Avatar" Lia).
    -Music: It's Great, best part of the game.
    -Renders: Great as well.
    -Animations: Excellent they look awsome, sadly sex animations quickly become repetitive due to the game mechanism and because they are all the same for every girl, so in the end you just skip them. Btw I apreciate the effort giving us some non-sex animations here and there.
    -Others: This is what annoys me the most, there are some major plots throughout the game that are resolved in 3 - 5 renders (too few! Man). I mean the writer builds the anticipation correctly but its resolution sucks!, you ended up dissapointed. In fact, this is the reason why I'm debating myself if I want to play it again just to get a good ending (because it might suck).

Overall, even with all its flaws the game is good enough, especially if you enjoy "management" in AVNs. I'd give it a 7/10.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

me=)

After playing, I would say the game had good content with few flaws, but a terrible ending.

My vote rate is 2.5, but as the site doesn't allow it, I'll leave it at 3 to help with future work:

It got +1.5 stars for the good story/content and +1 for the good quality of the art and character details.

It loses -1 star because the sandbox caused some events to be skipped, because the main story conflicts with the skipped scene's timeline, and it lost -1.5 stars, because if I'm on a starship romanticizing all the hotties and it doesn't get a harem ending, even when I manage to unlock all the scenes, Julia, Alice and Rachel didn't even have an ending.
    I just saved the damn galaxy, a happy harem ending was deserved.
    Good luck on the next game.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

BDP2000

Wonderful story and characters. The sex scenes were pretty good too animation wise. This is probably my favorite game on here that involves space exploration. I would highly recommend this game to anyone.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

hayim96

Really really really interesting storyline! 11/10!

why play:
    - storyline.
    - girls looking beautiful and sexy, you have all sizes of asses and tits which is nice!
    - animations of sex have, for most of the times, an option to toggle the view which is always a blessing.
    - no much grinding needed .
    - at some point, almost every day you can choose again who to fuck which is nice.

cons:
    - i really dont like that you *need* to do sexual stuff to grind affection and somehow make all of the girls like you or whatever that was. thats the main reason for having 4 stars and not 5.
    - i dont know if its because of what i chose to do but couldnt end with one of the girls that i really really liked, which was kinda bummer.
    - almost all the girls just fall for you with no actual reason.

Thank you dev for this great game! I hope you are well and will bless us with another game, good luck!
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Golden Idiot

Version: v1.00

I tend to dislike Ren'Py engine games because most of the time they feel very linear and restricted, both in gameplay and story wise, yet this game doesnt have such problems and actually offers a good sandbox experience with a good set of characters and stories. I found the making money mechanic a fun little diversion that didnt get too grindy later in the game (which is more then i can say compared to some other Ren'Py games).
    The only real drawback to this game is the fact that the sexual scenes are disappointing, the models are reused and reskined with the same few scenes over and over again, there really isnt much variety to sexual scenes and the scenes themselfs are stiff and static.

Overall a good game with the only thing that is holding it back being the sexual parts of this game.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

philtwo

Decent story with tons of dialogue. Decent renders. Top-tier facial animations. Decent selection of girls. The various outfit changes during the game are nice. Game-play loop eventually turns into a slog. Should have probably scrapped the harem and just had the two alien girls be the main-focus (as they're the only two interesting ones) so more effort could be put into the naughty parts of the game.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

noobtrain

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by this game. The game is also officially completed which is very refreshing!

Pros
    • Excellent renders and graphics
    • Excellent character models
    • Unique and interesting characters
    • Fun characters with unique abilities and powers
    • Good to excellent writing
    • Good to excellent story
    • Good to excellent humor
    • Excellent animations
    • Good sex scenes overall

Cons
    • Sex animations aren't unique to each character and are reused by all NPCs
    • Sex scenes could be more passionate with sound effects, better writing, and more variety (anal for example)
    • Salvaging in the game is mostly a waste of time as commodity trading is more lucrative. Oftentimes another ship beats you to the salvage which further reduces what little income is gained
    • Lack of a harem ending. The player has to choose who he wants to end up with which is puzzling since he romanced all of them like a real harem throughout the game!

I'm very happy with the game overall and had a blast playing it! All the different love interests in the game were fun and interesting which is a huge selling point for me! Finally, an author who knows how to animate properly!

If the author spent more time making all the animations unique to each character and fixed the low salvage income, the game would be a near masterpiece! Spending additional time on the sex scenes, making them more passionate and immersive would also greatly help improve the game.

I highly recommend this game and encourage others to give it a try!
  10. 3.00 star(s)

Bloodguard

Was all about a 4 star, but some pretty lackluster endings, along with mostly mediocre lewd scenes brings it down to 3. Story and characters are quite good, and if you are a fan of sci-fi it is worth a play.

The Good

Solid writing, story, and dialogue in a sci-fi setting. Kind of a mix of Mass Effect, Star Trek, and Firefly. If you like these, you will probably enjoy the story in this one.
    Pretty engaging gameplay loop, though it drags pretty bad toward the end.
    Space salvage, and interstellar trade mechanics break up the story and are fun for the most part. If some tactical combat or space battles were added, it would probably be good enough to stand without the adult content. That is where most of my disappointment lies anyway.
    Nice renders and smooth animations, along with diverse and attractive characters, make it visually pleasing for the most part.
    Music is also pretty good, and mostly matches the scenes.

The Not so Good

The adult content seems kind of tacked on, and none of it is as good as it should be.
    Loses a star for forced facials across multiple lewd scenes. Really don't like this. MC should always have a choice where to put his children. ;)
    Lots of repeatable sexy time, but no sexy sounds or ability to speed up the pace, keep them from being really fap-worthy. Also, lack of dirty talk or any dialogue in the repeat scenes, was a bummer.
    Skin textures are nice, especially the sweat, but why are there no anal options in the sex scenes? Pretty disappointing.
    Too much teeth in the BJ animations and the D never gets wet.
    The reporter had the best lewd scene in the game, and she's not even a main character. Until the end was ruined by yet another forced facial. :cry:
    Some repeatable sexy time in other places, like the shower, with some of the girls once you can invite them to your room would have been nice.
    Lack of a harem ending with 4 main girls is pretty disappointing, as they all knew Cap was banging them all at the same time.
    Not really a fan of being the 3rd wheel in the Lesbian couple's relationship. Didn't really care for their characters much in general.
    Really needed a sex scene with the hot android.
    Endings in general were pretty poor, with no additional lewd content.
    Julia should have had an ending where she gives up being the galaxy bicycle and settles down with the Cap. Or at least been a part of someone else's ending.
    Basically, felt like the adult content did not come close to realizing its full potential, but the rest of the game was pretty good.

This game could make a pile of money on Steam, as there is a pretty huge lack of decent sci-fi adult titles.
    Give it a go, you will probably enjoy it, as long as your expectations are pretty low for the sexy time. (y)
  11. 1.00 star(s)

McLOVINu

Ran into a bug, on all 4 playthroughs, where a characters avatar pops up in chat, inbetween every new chat... :( constantly blinking in and out! Pretty good character models and story can't save the game for me from the bug. Also the game seems incomplete to me.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Sontpel

Really enjoyed the story & the worlds created. The news reports gave me a little laugh at times too. Honestly, I'm kinda sad it's over now. I definitely recommend this one, and don't let the sandbox tag put you off, it's fairly simple so can still be a relaxing experience.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

ImariKurumi

v1.00

Fairly entertaining sandbox VN. Theres a trading/salvaging mechanic that you'll need to grind for a bit till mid game and then its just about passing the days and triggering scenes to progress the storyline. Some scenes are at specific times and locations so you'd want to take note. Not a fan of sandbox elements but this is not that annoying, though recommend reading the guide to get you started.

Models and renders arent top notch but acceptable for its time. Animations are pretty moot, not the best in the market. Lewd scenes could honestly be better. Its also pretty much vanilla stuff. One thing that irks me is the sex scenes are recycled for most of the love interests.

Story wise, it is the generic sci-fi Mass Effect storyline where you'd have to unite the galaxy against an end game threat. Its an enjoyable read but it is quite a short story, majority of your playtime is essentially grinding or passing days to trigger brief side quest scenes. Mid game the narrative starts to take off to a sudden sprint and the ending feels rushed.

The characters are likeable but again, they're the common Love Interest troupes. Its a monogamy game so theres no harem ending(despite banging all the ladies), which was a big point of contention for players. To their credit, there were no consequences for playing everyone and most importantly there was no closure for the ladies that weren't picked(well there kinda was but its was half-fuck).

All in all, i'd say this is as casual as an adult VN gets. If you're looking for a chill VN or just something to occupy your time, then this is a good candidate.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

dante7598

It's been a while since I enjoyed a game this much and actually looked forward to getting back on it. Great story, well written and fleshed out characters. Things got a little bit slow in the later part before the ending but overall it was a great ride. Hope to see more projects like this.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Perished

If I could give 6 out of 5 I would. In my top 5 Renpy games of all time. Dev is so ambitious making an effort to implement different gameplay loops in this engine. I don't understand how this game is not that popular on this site.

If you are a sucker for space operas like me you will love this game no doubt. Mass Effect/Avatar/Star Trek crossover theme and plot will suck you in. If you are not into SciFi I think you will still like this game. Top notch quality.

As a sole male captain of all female crew you are responsible to upkeep your ship by trading and salvaging in space. So there is a management aspect, not to difficult tho. You become sexually involved with all of girls but only 4 of them are LIs actually. It seems like a harem but it is not that easy actually, girls have RP counters which increase or diminish by the actions you do on Callisto or decisions you take on story. You can have a threesome at most so no endgame 8some :D It was hell of a ride for me nonetheless.

Things that I wished was included in game:

-SFX during animations to increase fappability
    -More trivial content in ship (after a point ship gameplay becomes a grind since you run out of stuff to do).
    -A method to skip the grind late game: A skip button and/or way to get laid with girls and not watching the same animations.
    -Gallery viewer to replay those beautiful scenes.
    -Putting the RPs to good use, I don't know what will happen if I keep a girl so happy or unhappy, I juggled.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

kretos

A little repetitive at sometimes, but has nice, long story. Well done with good renders. The characters are interesting, everyone has it's background. I'm not sure I got all sex scenes, my favourite was with red and dark hair ones :)
    Definitely worth checking!
  17. 5.00 star(s)

AlexMpog

Space/Epic theme. Good plot, great renders and animations. The game has great music that suits it very well, making it very cinematic sometimes. Interesting and funny characters including the mc. A lot of humor as well. There is good romantic ending, solo, just what I like.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

Mmushy

Just discovered this game and played thru to the end in one go. (I caught covid and am in isolation).

Being the kind of person that does not first read up on a synopsis or even instructions, at the beginning I was so so about the game. But once I actually read the prologue and realized it was a sandbox, I really enjoyed it.

Nice story telling and quite wholesome too.

The only con: being a sandbox, you find yourself going around in circles until an event triggers or worse missing or doing something that makes you miss it entirely.

A big plus for me: unlike a vast majority of games, it's not populated by females with ginormous breast .
  19. 5.00 star(s)

korte7

The cumshot animations are hands down the absolute BEST especially facials in the captain's cabin. And that right there is the reason of my first ever review (having played dozens and dozens of adult games).

Story, characters, atmosphere, renders are excellent. Sex scenes are otherwise good, maybe there could have been a bit more of them, or they could have been longer with more positions, but that's just nitpicking.
    I liked how
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Hyméros

Excellent, brilliant, fun, sexy, with a real story very written. The quality of the work is stunning. The mecanics of the game are not so simple as it seems, but it's the goal. Waiting for the new adventure !