Ren'Py Can't find audio file.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Wondering if "track1" is making something screwy with Ren'py. It's unlikely, but worth a shot. You could also try adding a subfolder in the audio for that specific update.

So, it'd end up looking something like:
Python:
play music "audio/ep1/intro_song.mp3" fadein 1.0 loop
There's also a slight possibility that it could be the audio file itself. Maybe a codec Ren'py isn't agreeing with. Have you tried using the same file in a fresh Ren'py game? Does it work? If not, then I could see it being the audio file. Hard to say without having the file in hand to work with.

Sep 22, 2021
Wondering if "track1" is making something screwy with Ren'py. It's unlikely, but worth a shot. You could also try adding a subfolder in the audio for that specific update.

So, it'd end up looking something like:
Python:
play music "audio/ep1/intro_song.mp3" fadein 1.0 loop
There's also a slight possibility that it could be the audio file itself. Maybe a codec Ren'py isn't agreeing with. Have you tried using the same file in a fresh Ren'py game? Does it work? If not, then I could see it being the audio file. Hard to say without having the file in hand to work with.
I tried your suggestion it didn't work unfortunately.

I got the audio file from a royalty free music site so maybe the file is fucked? if so how would i go about fixing it?

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I tried your suggestion it didn't work unfortunately.

I got the audio file from a royalty free music site so maybe the file is fucked? if so how would i go about fixing it?
Can you send the link to the file? I'll try it in one of my games that I know work. If not, I'll run it through Audition and see if a reencode fixes anything.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I see your issue, I think. In your code above, after "label start", you need to hit tab on the new line before writing the code. Same goes for any new label.

Like so:

tab.png

Edit: As an FYI, Pixabay doesn't allow adult content in their new license. Will they enforce it? Who knows. But something to be aware of all the same.

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
I see your issue, I think. In your code above, after "label start", you need to hit tab on the new line before writing the code. Same goes for any new label.

Like so:

View attachment 3783513

Edit: As an FYI, Pixabay doesn't allow adult content in their new license. Will they enforce it? Who knows. But something to be aware of all the same.
i thought of that but as i said above, i tried his code as it is, and it works 2.png

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
I think it was this one.
checking on the internet, others have had your error when the audio file was corrupted. did you try playing it in a mediaplayer?

that audio file works in renpy when i try it, but your file could still be corrupted

Last edited:

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
checking on the internet, others have had your error when the audio file was corrupted. did you try playing it in a mediaplayer?
It works fine for me in both Ren'py and via any number of media players. The only thing that really makes sense here is the code indentation. Though I suppose it's entirely possible the download of the file itself was corrupted.

Sep 22, 2021
do you show file extensions in your folder? because if you don't, the real name will be track1.mp3.mp3
if so, remove the .mp3
Ok it worked it was mp3.mp3. i tried it without the mp3 at some point incase it was that but i guess i forgot to try it after adding audio/

now my last issue is figuring out what music is legal to use for a hentai game :cautious:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: peterppp