VN Ren'Py Completed Captured in the Dark [1.0] [Laharl12]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
libraryhero.png

Overview:
Follow the story of Julie, a young workaholic who makes a single mistake which sets her on a path that will change her life forever. Falling into the hands of a ruthless criminal organization she will have to endure physical and psychological abuse beyond her wildest imagination. Will she accept her hopeless situation or fight for whatever twisted version of love can be found in this dark place? Once all hope is gone will her forced submission turn her into a new person or just the shell of one?
Captured in the Dark is a narrative-driven visual novel that plays more like an interactive book than as a game but still sports some player choices with two main routes that both deliver on the game's premise.​

Thread Updated: 2023-07-11
Release Date: 2023-07-11
Developer: Laharl12 -
Censored: No Sexual Content
Version: 1.0
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - -
Mac: - - - -
Android: - - -

Extras: Italian Translation*

*This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

20230628131555_1.jpg 20230628133301_1.jpg 20230628133355_1.jpg 20230628133443_1.jpg 30230628133408_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
View attachment 2762497

Title: Captured in the Dark
Developer website:

Language: English
Links:
Win/Linux:
Mac:
Android:
Genre? All genre/tags can be found here https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2023-02-03.10394/
Female protagonist, multiple endings, horror,

laharl12

Jun 25, 2019
prefix: visual novel, renpy, completed
tags: Female Protagonist, Multiple Ending, Bdsm, Corruption, Humiliation, Slave, No Sexual Content

laharl12

Jun 25, 2019
Ironically, Steam banned this project because they determined it was "Primarily sexual content with real images". I still stand by my personal opinion as a creator that this is erotica with no explicit sexual content at all, though it's most definitely adult.
The creative process for making this is such that trying to include explicit visual content would fundamentally change the project and make me not want to do it in the first place. I'd still encourage people to play it and then form an opinion on how sexual the game is, not to review and comment on the tag itself. The tag exists to warn you that there are no hidden nudes and visual sex scenes to find.

Last edited:

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Ironically, Steam banned this project because they determined it was "Primarily sexual content with real images". I still stand by my personal opinion as a creator that this is erotica with no explicit sexual content at all, though it's most definitely adult.
They didn't ban it for sexual content. They banned it because they don't allow real people on the platform.

Also:

erotica.png

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I think that this was decently written and the story both plausible and interesting. Some of the dialogue (especially the buyers in the auction) was a bit silly, but it goes with the stereotype. I thought it a bot strange that the MC was always clothed in her slave training, but realize now that this was a conscious choice by the dev to ensure that the erotic content was all mental.

So, that means that the thrust of the game is the internal voice of the MC, not what happens to her (which is quite generalized). I found that element - internal voice - to be weak, and the transition from independent thinking to conformational thinking too abrupt, even in the "resistance" arc I played. It's hard to do that really well, though, and this story does it about as well as I could do it myself, so not a huge knock. Still, if the dev was to want to improve the game, that's where I think they should focus: make the transition to the slave mindset more gradual and more driven by the training.

laharl12

Jun 25, 2019
Thanks, that was the kind of meaningful feedback I was looking forward to. The actual reason the heroine is clothed and her face is never shown is that this was what we agreed with the model when I took the pictures. I know I could take some random stuff off the internet or make AI generate some nudes but that's much less fun. The photoshoot was actually done some time ago with no intention to make a game out of it and the entire story was conceived based on it.

I agree some of the transitions are too abrupt in some cases. I was going for a heroine who is surrendering in the moment then backtracking when given the opportunity to relax - which is likely realistic but could be presented better. Even though the game is complete end-to-end I'll maybe make an improved version at some point. But will take some time before I release it as I don't like small-increment releases. I may end up uniting the 2 routes and turning it into a pure kinetic novel as the difference between them is very slight and uniting them with some extra transitions and minor side-drama will likely result in making the whole slave training sequence flow better.

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
I'd like to put my caveman thoughts into this thread. :giggle: More pictures, more pictures help tell story, me like pictures, me understand story better with more pictures.:giggle:

Ugg, where Ursala? me hungry now!

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I agree some of the transitions are too abrupt in some cases. I was going for a heroine who is surrendering in the moment then backtracking when given the opportunity to relax - which is likely realistic but could be presented better. Even though the game is complete end-to-end I'll maybe make an improved version at some point. But will take some time before I release it as I don't like small-increment releases. I may end up uniting the 2 routes and turning it into a pure kinetic novel as the difference between them is very slight and uniting them with some extra transitions and minor side-drama will likely result in making the whole slave training sequence flow better.
Maybe she could find herself horrified with slave-like thoughts after the fact, with the horror gradually decreasing until she accepts that she no longer wants to resist. For example, in the pain/pleasure scene where she's being trained by the original guy, she could vacillate more between being happy that at least he's paying attention to her and being horrified that she's having those thoughts. They don't need to be linked to whether she's experiencing pain or pleasure at the moment of the thoughts. In fact, divorcing the pain and pleasure cycle from the gratitude/horrified cycle would be even more effective in conveying her mental confusion.

Dreams are another element you could add to convey eroticism.

laharl12

Jun 25, 2019
Yeah I understand your suggestion but I'm not actually doing the corruption trope in the classic way. The heroine isn't afraid or ashamed of her sexuality at all and her journey isn't about that. She may or may not be a virgin (I honestly didn't care enough to think about that) but she's definitely sexually literate and knows where babies come from.
Her transformation is of another kind - she starts as a victim, then starts cooperating with her captors for rational reasons, which then transitions to actively wanting to be a good slave and believing it's her true purpose. It's very similar to the sexual corruption trope but the core emotion that takes over is her desire to be liked and approved of, her sexual desire is just in the background.

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote