4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

DaScoot

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Man... I just discovered the game and too bad I missed the sale but oh well its not that expensive and to be honest quite cheap.
Just wondering, from what I read there will be sequel.
Will it also be released on steam?
That is the plan, however it won't be anytime soon - the first game took more or less five years, and I'm still planning to focus on Patreon rather than Early Access.

DaScoot

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Another month, another ! In short, the main mechanical systems of all three combat types are now functional! For this next month I'll be moving on to the dynamic sex scenes, which will be the last major piece of functionality I have planned for the initial release of Carnal Voyages (there will of course be a great deal of interface work to come as well). Check out the post for more info!

DaScoot

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Thought I'd drop in to put a link to an opinion poll I've just put up, mainly asking if I ought to focus on a smaller set of functionality for a quicker demo release, or work on getting the dynamic 'Romance' scenes more fully completed now while I'm already on it:

This poll will run til the end of the month. I'm also open to suggestions on which positions I ought to focus on if I go for a limited initial set, the first three I'm looking at are Missionary, Doggy, and Standing Doggy.

DaScoot

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Time again for another State of the Game update! A lot of progress has been made on the last major feature planned for Carnal Voyage's initial release, which is the player-directed 'Romance' scenes. As a poll this month requested that I spend the time filling out the content for this feature while we're still in this phase of development, I'll likely be spending a good chunk of the next month on this as well, but the mechanics have largely all been implemented. For more details, check out !

DaScoot

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
The latest is now up, with the completion of the Romance Scene functionality (at least for this first phase of development). This month I've added in functionality for a dozen different main positions, including a special case 'soloist' position, written up a lot of flavor text for filling out the scenes, and implemented some NPC initiative for how the scenes play out.

My next goal will be focusing on some of the more boring essentials for the game: menu screens, options, and so on, and revisiting character creation now that I have some portrait art assets to work with. Things are proceeding well for getting the game's foundation complete so we can return to a normal Patreon schedule!

DaScoot

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Hey all, it's another month and much more progress has been made! The character creator/portrait system is now fully functional, and new Schen art assets have already been plugged into it as well! I've recorded a short demo video of it in practice, which you can find .

With that done I've begun work on the long-awaited GUI overhaul, which will finally get rid of all of these default Unity components. It's a bit of an experiment for me as I haven't designed my own GUI components before, but some early work is showing promise. I'll be back later to let you know how it all works out!

DaScoot

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Just a quick note that Carnal Coup - Overseer's Edition is participating in the various summer sales, for 30% off! A good chance to pick it up if you haven't already!

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
Just a quick note that Carnal Coup - Overseer's Edition is participating in the various summer sales, for 30% off! A good chance to pick it up if you haven't already!

I've only read the threads, but you've already shown yourself as a caring developer, even to this day. All I can do for today is a thumbs up.

Reactions: DaScoot

DaScoot

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Sup, it's time, and this month we've had a lot of GUI updates and a lot of new artwork has come in - particularly for the Harians, with both chargen portrait assets as well as portraits for a new character who will be getting introduced in the post-tutorial content. The main task of swapping out all the GUI assets is almost complete, although a number of windows also require deeper functionality improvements. After that it's down to a few remaining cleanup items before the first playable release is out, so we're getting close!

Reactions: Theovonpapen

DaScoot

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
It's before the initial release of Carnal Voyages, as the major remaining tasks are complete and the remaining items are mostly filler text or structural stuff (like setting up a new itch.io page). I'm not setting a specific release date for the intro, but it will be sometime this month! In the meanwhile, check out the post and enjoy some pictures of plants.

Reactions: Marvelous Chris

DaScoot

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Might be coming up on time for a new thread, because the first public release of Carnal Voyages is now up at our ! Since I've been posting regular updates here I'll skip the whole advertising bit, but I'll just note that this release covers the game's intro/tutorial sequence, letting you try out character generation, a few game mechanics, and of course a bit of sexy funtimes. Check out the itch page for the game, for the full patch notes (and some notes on the future plans for the Patreon), and enjoy a few screenshots:

Admiral.png Chargen 1.png Chargen 2.png Combat.png Duty.png Map.png Secretary.png Ship.png

The first Patreon release is scheduled for October, so I'll see about starting a new thread then if one hasn't already popped up.

DaScoot

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
A quick ; while I've started work on the crew management system and will be continuing that, the main point of interest is that I'll be overhauling the Patreon and other sites this month to prep for the resumption of 'normal' Patreon service in October. The Patreon has basically been in 'tip jar' mode since August of last year, but next month tier rewards will be resuming with special early releases just for Patrons. I'd recommend checking out for full details on that if anyone missed it. I'll also be focusing heavily on the crew services and management system, with a hope of being able to at least enjoy your own ship even if I haven't yet gotten to creating content in the wider galaxy just yet.

DaScoot

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Been a few, wanted to swing by to note that the Overseer's Edition of the game is now on sale for 40% off on both Steam and itch.io for the Winter Sales:

Also, I should note that Carnal Voyages is now in full swing, with Patreon service having resumed a few months ago and the supporter version now up to v0.4.1, while . Check it out if you have any interest in text games, I think you'll find it a significant step beyond simply being a 'Carnal Coup 2.0'.

• Red Heart
Reactions: MooningMonsoon

Spamwise

Mar 29, 2020
Also, I should note that Carnal Voyages is now in full swing, with Patreon service having resumed a few months ago and the supporter version now up to v0.4.1, while . Check it out if you have any interest in text games, I think you'll find it a significant step beyond simply being a 'Carnal Coup 2.0'.
Can you update the public release files for Voyages, please? It's still on .17.

Ausdric

May 16, 2018
This game is tagged as a virus. Pls someone sacrifice their pc to see if this is true or not. (i am joking, but if possible can someone confrim or deny regarding the last latest version of this)

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes