VN - Ren'Py - Casual Desires [v0.19b] [ionDivvy]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1157790

This game does a lot right - beautiful CGs, hot female MCs, interesting scenarios, etc. However, the characters are poorly developed as they come across empty/robotic. For example, the introductory character motivation of the primary MC is "I am an adult now, therefore, I should be sexual." I'm not expecting the devs to be Shakespeare, but this game could be something truly great if the writing was improved.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

♍VoidTraveler

Very entertaining slice-of-life story with marvelous flow.
    Hot sex scenes which start pretty tame as the mc slowly discovers her sexuality. There is plenty of potential for pretty kinky stuff to happen later in the game so i'm hyped for that. ^^) You decide pretty much everything mc is going to try or not try, the game gives you a lot of control over her actions, which is something i like a lot being a big rpg fan.

Absolutely recommended if you are looking for something more than a quick fap. (y)
  3. 4.00 star(s)

kameohawk

review against v0.7b

I don't have a bad thing to say about this game.

I know that's a weird way of starting a review but I was really expecting something to make me stop after a spell, and nothing ever came. So the fact I've got nothing bad to say is a big fucking plus for the game in general

I had a look and thought it was a bit "cute-y" and would probably fall into the trap of wanting a pay off immediately so your MC is riding everything like a beast into battle within 10 lines of dialogue but the pacing is sound. It's your standard girl coming (heh) into her own simulator, you've got the option of playing it as a wee innocent flower or going a bit more hands on. I went hands on cause I was curious to see how the character would change and it's actually not bad. There's hints she's actually been a bit.....deviant like and is looking to try new things so her suddenly becoming a model and showing a bit of an exhibitionist streak is not that absurd to suggest bad writing.

The game itself actually revolves around a bundle of different girls, two of which you control (I think...). I'm unsure if the game is better for that or whether it would have made more sense to stick with one character and pad them out but again, the pacing is solid that jumping between character isn't jarring.

Visuals are good, the writing is enjoyable and the pacing is such that you're not wading through a hundred scenes just to see some tits.

Definitely one worth following
  4. 4.00 star(s)

RedRicker

Played the game for about 2 hours. Not a bad game at all. 5 years ago it would have been in my top 10.

The storyline progresses in a somewhat jittery fashion. The mc starts doing life events without much prior introduction to the characters or those parts of her life. The few sex scenes I saw were alright, but the mc's face seems a bit... off to me. Which is odd, as I don't feel the same for the other characters I have seen so far.

So, I would say it's worth a shot, but there are more engaging games available at the moment. Best of luck to the devs!
  5. 3.00 star(s)

slayer991

Version Reviewed 0.7b

I finished playing through this version but I needed to take some time to consider my review as I couldn't pin down why the game wasn't particularly engaging.

There are games that are a slow burn...but the story is engaging enough to move it along. Games where you are caught up in the story. But there's no real conflict here to move the story along. It's more along the lines of "should I engage in xyz corrupt action or not."

The lack of conflict becomes more apparent as the game progresses. The MC isn't dealing with any conflict within their own thoughts. She wants to experience new things and is determined to do so. There are no repercussions for her actions which would be a source of conflict. Consequently, the game is a bit boring to get through. There's not much going on here while the MC considers how she is going to corrupt herself...and she does a LOT of thinking on her own. You do have some choices as to how you'd like to proceed as the MC (and her friends) wish to corrupt themselves with both men and women.

The graphics are very good, the gameplay in terms of choices are acceptable. Kudos to the author for the concept of having a number of intelligent female protagonists that have self-agency. I can't recommend this game but I can't trash it either.

If I had to describe this in one word, it would be "meh."

Graphics - 9/10
    Animations - n/a
    Story - 5/10
    Characters - 5/10
    Engaging - 5/10
  6. 5.00 star(s)

wesWWW

Amazing game. It has a great development, with a beautiful exhibitionism fetish. It has good options for paths the player can choose to follow. The design of the female characters is wonderful, Luna is super cute. I look forward to seeing more and more lesbian scenes among these adorable characters.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

BeastMaster59

My Rating of this Game is:

Pros:
    -Nice Renders
    -Nice Story
    -lots of different scenes
    -like the animations
    -Long Game Play

Cons:
    -Nothing

Conclusion:

loved playing this game,lots of different paths and scenes and pretty ladies,and boy are they horny.
    my favorite scenes was I believe chapter 7 with the swinger couple,play it a couple of time through.
    v0.6 was really worth the download.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

HikBenAkk

Promising all I like regarding corruption and young innocent girl willing to fall into depravity.
    I also like the pace of the game (I do not like when the pace is to fast) : innocence takes time to be corrupted...
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Mister Boombastic

Nice game! Not the best one I ever played but in its genre (female MC corruption) this is definitely one of the better ones!

What makes this game different from most female protagonist games is that the MC is not just some naive passive girl who's being abused by everyone. Instead you play an inexperienced but also kinky, naughty and curious young girl. All the lewd stuff that happens is initiated by yourself. None of that "Oh no, I'm being groped by a stranger! What should I do?'" bullshit. Very refreshing!

On top of that the female characters look adorable as hell! :love: And the renders are high quality as well. The rhyme was not intended, but still poetic you can tell.

Lastly the story is... well pretty much what you can expect from a female corruption game. It's not great but still relatively good. The build-up is slow and steady (the way it should be) and the double protagonist adds a nice touch. While Rita's corruption is still going slow we got Violet to provide for the kinkier stuff.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

twiztid

Normally I am not into Female Protag
    This being said, I was really into this one. Renders are really well done, the choices you make are really able to influence the character's personality. Not many VNS offer that kind of thing nowadays. It also helps that the FC is cute and innocent, along with as if you are guiding through life choices.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Gexter

(Review based on 0.4b)

I was pleasantly surprised with this game. It's about female protagonist that willingly explore her sexual fantasies. Sometimes it's nice to play a game without blackmail and without MC being way too stupid. Still, it has some minor problems, but overall I liked this game so I hope it will continue to deliver.

Pros:
    - Very likable characters with personalities (Not some dumb sluts for sure). The female protagonist done right.
    - Multiple protagonists fits this game, but right now I wish they were more integrated with each other.
    - The pacing of sexual exploration is nice (a little bit slower than usual)
    - Models are cute. Graphics are okay
    - Lesbians. Right now there is no content, but there is a lot of lesbian potential in this game.

Cons:
    - Plot. It's not bad but sometimes the story doesn't know where it's going. It's more like slice of life stories and I don't like that very much
    - MC model is weird. Sometimes her head looks strange. Maybe it's her eyes idk.

Overall I recommend this game 4/5
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Purple Lagoon

(0.4 review)

I'm really enjoying this game.
    PROS
    - well written story
    - good dialogues
    - believable characters
    - unique models
    - meaningful choices
    - and overall the game has a good vibe going
    CONS
    - not really a fan of the big eyes, but I got used to it. and the latest characters (for instance Luna) are a lot more realistic
  13. 5.00 star(s)

swiezak1988

Very good quality game about young girl that starts to explore her perverted desires. It's a VN with small degree of choice, but story unfolds in very appealing way and it is definitely a game that I'll love to revisit.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

tpopor11

Beautiful graphics of the main character, at the moment a good construction of the storyline and well-written dialogues (at least for this genre). A very promising start))
    But not too fast updates. Hope this gets better in the future.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Tara Mede

Even though Casual Desires has only been around for a little while and only a few chapters have been released, I have immensely enjoyed the game thus far. The game is a little bit of a slow burn at first, but I am the type of person that likes a good story in my sex games. I am always on the lookout for games with a female protagonist, so when I saw it, I downloaded it and played as soon as I could. I am quite thankful that I did. The first things that really got me interested were the rather unique setting and the main character’s background.

Regarding the setting, you do not see many games set in Canada, let alone Vancouver, so this was a nice change of pace compared to many games that use generic/nameless cities or towns. A game being set it a real-world location can help you further your understanding of the characters if you are familiar with the culture, and if you are not it adds another aspect of the game that you can discover. I know that the setting is not the most important thing for an adult game but having a good one can really help a game versus not really adding anything of note to the story. Plus, Canada is the country I want to visit and explore most in the world, so knowing that the game takes place there makes it more enjoyable for me.

The main character, Rita (renamable), is rather unique too, as she is half German half Japanese daughter of first-generation immigrants. That is a combination you do not see very often and allows for me to hopefully experience a new point of view. Of course, I enjoy playing game with protagonists like myself, but I do not want every game to be like that. Not to mention that hāfu girls are almost always incredibly attractive, as is the case here. The only thing that might throw some people off is the real-life anime style, but it does not bother me in the slightest. I think it makes the character look cute. Additionally, Rita has a rather easy-going personality which I find hard not to like. She is slightly spoiled due to her upbringing and seems somewhat naïve too, but it fits well with the direction the game is heading.

The other aspects of the game that I want to praise are the high-quality renders, the choice of music, and the inclusion of lesbian content. The choice of models, the scenes, and lighting are all beautiful. The last thing you want is low quality visuals distracting you from the experience, so no worries here. I think the music fits the with the content of the game very well too. It is hard to explain, but the music just feels right to me. You do not always need music in an adult game, but when it has the right soundtrack it can really make the game more pleasant.

I also just want to say that I am beyond thrilled that the game will have lesbian content. There are simply not enough adult games with a female protagonist that has lesbian content/routes/scenes/etc. I especially enjoy it when the character is discovering this hidden part of themselves, as is the case for Rita. There is not a lot of lesbian content yet, but I really like what I am seeing so far, and I cannot wait to see how it will play out in future chapters.

I am giving Casual Desires a rating of 5/5. This review is for Version 0.2 of Casual Desires.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Space_Cow99

Its relate-able game, I think if you had asian - white background yeah.
    But personality is right there I get that.
    Dev didn't dabble to much into what father does?
    Break into where she talking into herself so that happens to many of us.
    Does she have any other siblings?
    Seems as I played she single child.
    All you need to know they are rich. Your well cared for. You live under a umbrella and then choice selection you want pick being model first recruitment versus going college.
    I think if there was more options like call girl/web girl gave insight you could be she has computer. It surprised me she didn't have that option. Or gamer girl?

Does have car she could have been cab driver.
    If she was geek/ero girl she she would love ero fashion shops? Or got herself some hentai games to play It puzzles me.

Only good things I divulge is that character is pretty good. posing of character is also pretty good. I seen where so many games they posed wrong poses on fashion decision. Other is your given options go naughty or go cute, I am not sure if that cute means shy. I had save to make it last. So I have wonder how many chapters there are before I continue.
    Its pretty good so far. Its better than valentine and the another one Played this game is cleaner.

Will she in future see what she earns? spend it?
    I am not sure. I kind wonder if game has more updates like will she get sex toy make her nightly adventures more exciting she could be sex toy girl tester make more extra profit. Not that I do it just idea.
  17. 2.00 star(s)

oysterkeeper

On the surface, this game looks good but it's clear that at this stage there are many issues that detracted from my overall enjoyment of the game.

To start off with, the girls are cute and look unique which is very refreshing. The main character seems likeable enough. The writing also is pretty decent as well. There are spots of a good game here but I think that's all there is currently; spots.

One thing I noticed is that there is very very little dialogue. You basically are just listening to the internal thoughts of the main character the entire time. You meet your best friend you haven't seen in a long time and the game offers you maybe 1 minute of dialogue with her and promptly skips forward in time. I understand you can't show all the conversations and some things need to be cut down, but it would be nice to listen to something other than MC's thoughts every now and again. Instead of having MC introduce everyone through her inner monologue, you should combine that with direct conversations. Let the reader learn about her friends naturally and make some of their own observations.

Onto my next critique, I believe the game has gone through well over a week maybe even 2 weeks worth of time but most days are just skipped over entirely. So the main character seriously does nothing of note any of the days we don't see? It starts to feel like it isn't a game and that we aren't a part of the story. We just get to see snippets of her life. There really needs to be more content. Right now the only filler is just listening to MC's internal dialogue. I would like to see more relationship building, even just between her friends. It currently feels very superficial. On top of the rushed pacing, the MC starts out relatively conservative (a virgin who has only done a little kissing) to an exhibitionist insanely fast. Like 3 choices worth? I understand that she's introduced as having a bit higher of a sex drive and what not but the best part of corruption games is just that: corrupting. If the corruption takes place at lightning speed, it's way less interesting and the pay off is much worse. Take it a bit slower, make there be character development if you want the game to be worth more than a fap and to actually tell a story.

My last critique is that as of now, the game basically has one path you are supposed to go for. The other path is basically: do this if you want less gameplay. This type of 'choice' based game is one I have come across often enough and it feels very boring. If you don't want to do what the dev wants, you just receive less content. It is still early on in development so maybe this will change in the future. To give examples, the MC can choose to tease her guy friends. If you choose not to, the next time she is with her guy friend's she nearly goes nude in front of them and teases them anyways. Another time, the MC is offered a 'choice' to try out to be a model. You can choose to agree or you can act hesitant; either way, you are becoming a model and going with the first choice gives you some stats. Why even offer the other choice? My suggestion is to add some type of innocent stat and for the game to actually recognize if you go that route. Otherwise there really is no purpose to any of the choices throughout the game.

This game does look promising, but I cannot help but feel it's rushed. You spent so much time making the game look unique, you also need to put in just as much time to make the game feel unique. Currently there is just a cute looking shell with very little filling. On top of that, the vast majority of that filling is just listening to MC mull over thoughts in her head.

For now, I recommend avoiding this one; even if you enjoy it, there isn't very much content at this current stage.

Good luck with development going forward.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Zoey Raven

I applaud people who have the guts to make a female protagonist game.

- Rita is absolutely beautiful.
    -You don't have to play as a total slut, you can actually choose in this one.
    -Renders 10/10 light is done very well

-Writing 8/10 nothing super new here, but still done well.

-Story 9/10 I like the model story for a female.

-Overall 9/10 I want more!
    A game that leaves you wanting more is almost always a sign there are good things to come. Can't wait for next version.