Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Some news after all from patreon:

"Now that (rd) v0.8 has been released, preliminary work for the next update can begin.
Though I can't say for sure when v0.9 will come out, somewhere around late September would be ideal. This largely depends on how quickly I can finish Chapter 20 of Casual Desires, and how many features from the 'possibly' category are added (to rd).
I'll be sharing more details about the new content in a progress update later this month."

So he's working on rd and CD updates. Estimated release date for CD would then be September, I guess. It also seems (to confirm) that CD is the side project. :( I'm curious how much content the update will have. :confused:

Turret

Forum Fanatic
Jun 23, 2017
So he's working on rd and CD updates. Estimated release date for CD would then be September, I guess. It also seems (to confirm) that CD is the side project. :( I'm curious how much content the update will have. :confused:
What a ...! Rebel Duet might bring him more money, but it is well below Casual Desires in most things. The writing is horrendous with the characters being braindead and that is still politely written. Too stupid to life you could also say, not even Zombies would want the brains of the RD characters, fearing them dumbing them down when they eat.

And for this shoddy second game, Casual Desires and we fans of the game got tossed aside!

LordWanze

Jan 27, 2022
If you follow the RD thread, you'll see they fucked up in the latest update with how they portray the MC.
So they stated 0.9 will make some major changes to this content.
A lot of people were quite pissed about that.
I assume that will take away even more attention from CD, keeping in mind that they weren't able to split their work on both game equally in the first place.
All in all, even if we get an update in September, I don't expect much in terms of quality anymore
Really a bummer, I was a big fan of this game and liked RD a lot as well ...

Turret

Forum Fanatic
Jun 23, 2017
If you follow the RD thread, you'll see they fucked up in the latest update with how they portray the MC.
So they stated 0.9 will make some major changes to this content.
A lot of people were quite pissed about that.
Absolutely! As I wrote earlier, not only the MC but most other characters as well come across as too stupid to life. And for this subpar eroge Casual Desires was thrown away by Iondivvy like rubbish.

• Sad
Reactions: LordWanze

Turret

Forum Fanatic
Jun 23, 2017
I hope CD won't fall by the wayside after chapter 20. :(
I am not sure there will be a chapter 20 at all. Over at the RD thread Iondivvy said that they would soon rework the last update due to the overwhelmingly negative feedback. Do you need three guesses which game will once again be patked in Nirvana?

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
I am not sure there will be a chapter 20 at all. Over at the RD thread Iondivvy said that they would soon rework the last update due to the overwhelmingly negative feedback. Do you need three guesses which game will once again be patked in Nirvana?
This is his latest message regarding the rd update:
"I'll be releasing a 0.8.1 update in the next few days. This will be free for all users, and will include several new scenes, new choices, and dialogue and story changes."
So he should be working on CD afterwards I guess. Plus his wish to release the 0.9 version in September. We should be getting a new version of CD in September. If there's still no progress then, then it's anyone's guess when we'll get an update for CD. :(
As the Arabs say inshallah, God willing. We must prepare for the worst, but hope for the best. :)

• Hey there
Reactions: Turret

Nelythia

Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Already giving RD a new release for september (so literally next month) while CD still hasn't received one in 8 months.
Yea, I am done with him as a dev. Not consistent, terrible scheduling, horrendous decision to release a second game before finishing the first.
Feel free to consider this as the "toxic feedback" you claimed our justified normal criticism to be.

Reactions: Turret
3.80 star(s) 60 Votes