• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Collection Video CEO NEET Collection [2024-01-19] [CEO_NEET]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes
Nov 25, 2022
The rewards of July and August 2023 have been upscaled (from 720p to 2160p). I excluded the videos with subtitles since I find they are not necessary to be upscaled

All the upscaled animations (from March 2017 to August 2023) can be found in this PixelDrain list:

1080p version of those upscales can be found here:

A README file is also included to deliver information about the naming format, status of each month's rewards, and others

About sharing all of CEO NEET's works that I have archived to torrent, I have not yet done it due to security worries that I have not yet found ways to overcome

Please note that I do not at all encourage piracy, I only share these contents because I want those who are not able to afford the subscriptions can have access to this fine content. Please support CEO NEET (the animator) and Horosuke (the artist) as much as you can if you enjoy their works

Last edited:

BananaSalt

Apr 19, 2023
The rewards of July and August 2023 have been upscaled (from 720p to 2160p). I excluded the videos with subtitles since I find they are not necessary to be upscaled

All the upscaled animations (from March 2017 to August 2023) can be found in this PixelDrain list:
Pixeldrain
1080p version of those upscales can be found here: Pixeldrain

A README file is also included to deliver information about the naming format, status of each month's rewards, and others

About sharing all of CEO NEET's works that I have archived to torrent, I have not yet done it due to security worries that I have not yet found ways to overcome

Please note that I do not at all encourage piracy, I only share these contents because I want those who are not able to afford the subscriptions can have access to this fine content. Please support CEO NEET (the animator) and Horosuke (the artist) as much as you can if you enjoy their works
Thanks for putting up your collection again on PD. I know you don't exactly prefer it. I'm glad you're still considering the torrent route. I'm assuming you use an AI upscaler for your videos? I did a comparison of some of the original videos next to your upscales and unfortunately there's a bit of detail loss with more minute details, mainly fluids. Some beads of sweat are either less visible or not visible and semen turns from something more translucent to opaque. Contrast is a bit higher as well, so some shadows aren't as pronounced (most noticeable around the eyes).

All that being said, 99% of the viewers aren't going to notice those very minor details, especially when I was doing the comparisons side-by-side with the videos paused. In motion they're even less noticeable and the higher resolution should make for a more pleasant viewing experience overall. Again, sorry for being nitpicky. I do greatly appreciate your efforts and it's likely your upscales that I'll be archiving in the end.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2022
Thanks for putting up your collection again on PD. I know you don't exactly prefer it. I'm glad you're still considering the torrent route. I'm assuming you use an AI upscaler for your videos? I did a comparison of some of the original videos next to your upscales and unfortunately there's a bit of detail loss with more minute details, mainly fluids. Some beads of sweat are either less visible or not visible and semen turns from something more translucent to opaque. Contrast is a bit higher as well, so some shadows aren't as pronounced (most noticeable around the eyes).

All that being said, 99% of the viewers aren't going to notice those very minor details, especially when I was doing the comparisons side-by-side with the videos paused. In motion they're even less noticeable and the higher resolution should make for a more pleasant viewing experience overall. Again, sorry for being nitpicky. I do greatly appreciate your efforts and it's likely your upscales that I'll be archiving in the end.
Trying to get a VPN so that I can begin torrenting safely in the future
And for the loss of quality in upscaled videos is caused by two factors that I am aware of:

The compression, both from the original video and the compressed video from the image sequences. I upscaled the videos using Real-ERSGAN, frame by frame, then imported them to Media Encoder and that's where the compression happens. Although I tried my best, due to the artifacts from the original videos (which can't be changed), as well as the compression as the result of exporting in a medium bitrate (I figured that 13Kbps is the best bitrate in both quality and size at that time), this can be improved though
The second factor is for some reason, .mp4 format and sometimes other video formats fail to keep the original color of the image/video, I've tried troubleshooting this problem many times but failed to solve it. That explains the differences such as "there's a bit of detail loss with more minute details... shadows aren't as pronounced (most noticeable around the eyes)" you mentioned

I might re-troubleshooting these problems in the future but for now, I think I will just update the new animations to my ability and hopefully improve day by day (I'd change the bitrate to 16Kbps or more for future videos though, which is possible at the moment)

Nov 25, 2022
I am also very curious about the fact that CEO NEET (the animator) has high-quality files of the artwork of Horosuke (the artist). With the animations that CEO NEET made using Horosuke's art, there are always some images included in the reward, which are very high in terms of quality (4K for example), while on Horosuke's Kemono and Horosuke's forum on this website, the maximum size of the images are 1500p by 1XXXp

I wonder if anyone knows why (there might a an obvious answer but I still would like to hear your opinions)

hlarious

Jun 4, 2022
I figured that 13Kbps is the best bitrate in both quality and size at that time
If you're setting a specific bitrate target for the output, then you'll end up with too many bits used to encode frames where there's not much movement, and too little when there is. Use CRF instead, it allocates bits dynamically depending on what's needed. Although I think you might already be using CRF, perhaps you meant CRF instead of kbps. (or MBps)

The second factor is for some reason, .mp4 format and sometimes other video formats fail to keep the original color of the image/video
Try using 10-bit color depth, it should reduce any compression artifacts

I am also very curious about the fact that CEO NEET (the animator) has high-quality files of the artwork of Horosuke (the artist). With the animations that CEO NEET made using Horosuke's art, there are always some images included in the reward, which are very high in terms of quality (4K for example), while on Horosuke's Kemono and Horosuke's forum on this website, the maximum size of the images are 1500p by 1XXXp

I wonder if anyone knows why (there might a an obvious answer but I still would like to hear your opinions)
This is just a guess, but Horosuke probably gives CEO_NEET the original PSD files for the images (that'd allow for easier animation since it includes the separate layers within the image). Then CEO_NEET could just export the image it at a higher resolution than Horosuke does

Nov 25, 2022
If you're setting a specific bitrate target for the output, then you'll end up with too many bits used to encode frames where there's not much movement, and too little when there is. Use CRF instead, it allocates bits dynamically depending on what's needed. Although I think you might already be using CRF, perhaps you meant CRF instead of kbps. (or MBps)
From what I've know, CRF is generally the same as VBR 1 Pass, which is what I used

Try using 10-bit color depth, it should reduce any compression artifacts
About this, after well over 2 hours of researching (which led to practically nothing new) and testing, the differences in compression between 8bit and 10bit videos are hits or misses; some did improve, and some did not. Combine with the fact that both the original videos and the image sequences resulted from the AI upscaling processes are both 8bit, and the fact that Media Encoder somehow doesn't render stuff in 10bit (it does, but at the cost of time, tends to be 20 times slower than 8bit encoding, I've tried). Although 10bit encoding with other formats is much faster (compared to 10bit HEVC, still slower than 8bit HEVC), that comes with the cost of space (for other formats to catch up with HEVC's quality, their size has to be doubled or even more, this is from my tests though), 10bit also works better with live action footage and is most useful in editing and color grading. Or maybe all of this is the result of me still not getting enough research, or I'm just plain dumb
But for now, I'll stick with 8bit encoding

This is just a guess, but Horosuke probably gives CEO_NEET the original PSD files for the images (that'd allow for easier animation since it includes the separate layers within the image). Then CEO_NEET could just export the image it at a higher resolution than Horosuke does
That's probably the case. It's a shame that we couldn't see Horosuke's work in its original resolution
Oh well, I might try to upscale all of those arts of them to see if it's gonna be better (although the current quality is good enough)

hlarious

Jun 4, 2022
From what I've know, CRF is generally the same as VBR 1 Pass, which is what I used
VBR will vary the bitrate throughout the video, aiming for an average bitrate of whatever you've specified, whereas CRF aims for a certain visual quality, and might end up using more or less bitrate to do that.

Since you're just encoding a single artist with a similar art style between videos, it probably doesn't matter much once you've found a certain bitrate that works, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

the differences in compression between 8bit and 10bit videos are hits or misses; some did improve, and some did not. Combine with the fact that both the original videos and the image sequences resulted from the AI upscaling processes are both 8bit, and the fact that Media Encoder somehow doesn't render stuff in 10bit (it does, but at the cost of time, tends to be 20 times slower than 8bit encoding, I've tried).
The images outputted might be only 8-bit, but you won't be losing any quality from more accurately representing them with 10-bit encoding. In darker scenes/areas (like shadows), any banding might disappear since there's more colours to go around. Counterintuitively, 10-bit encoding leads to a smaller file size (~5% less) as well.

Although, it's weird how 10-bit encoding is so much slower, I've found it to be only about 20% slower than 8-bit encoding (using FFmpeg). Media Encoder might be the problem there with the encoding speed

Reactions: SS55★
Nov 25, 2022
The images outputted might be only 8-bit, but you won't be losing any quality from more accurately representing them with 10-bit encoding. In darker scenes/areas (like shadows), any banding might disappear since there's more colours to go around. Counterintuitively, 10-bit encoding leads to a smaller file size (~5% less) as well.

Although, it's weird how 10-bit encoding is so much slower, I've found it to be only about 20% slower than 8-bit encoding (using FFmpeg). Media Encoder might be the problem there with the encoding speed
Well, if that is the case (which most likely is since 8-bit works just fine, somehow Main10, the encoding profile used to encode the videos in 10-bit, just doesn't use my GPU at all), I'd like some instruction on how to use FFmpeg since I am completely blind at it (like really, really need detailed instructions on how to convert an image sequence to a video with all the codecs and encoding profiles which Media Encoder provides)

Update: Never mind, I was just too dumb, could have just asked ChatGPT for these (which I did, and worked), ChatGPT has proven to be real useful at times like this eh (still fails to give me the answer to why Main10 on Media Encoder fails to be encoded with GPU though). Thanks for all the advice, mate, gonna come back with the improved result. Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: hlarious

hlarious

Jun 4, 2022
Well, if that is the case (which most likely is since 8-bit works just fine, somehow Main10, the encoding profile used to encode the videos in 10-bit, just doesn't use my GPU at all), I'd like some instruction on how to use FFmpeg since I am completely blind at it (like really, really need detailed instructions on how to convert an image sequence to a video with all the codecs and encoding profiles which Media Encoder provides)

Update: Never mind, I was just too dumb, could have just asked ChatGPT for these (which I did, and worked), ChatGPT has proven to be real useful at times like this eh (still fails to give me the answer to why Main10 on Media Encoder fails to be encoded with GPU though). Thanks for all the advice, mate, gonna come back with the improved result. Cheers
If you'd like to automate the whole thing, Upscale Anon's setup might work. I haven't used it myself but the results seem to be very good. You copy the videos into the folder, then run a batch script (configurable) which does everything for you.

No extra installation required either since it has all the models and programs you need, although if you use a different model (the setup uses realesr-animevideov3) then you'd probably have to modify the batch script a little bit.

Thread:
Download:

Nov 25, 2022
If you'd like to automate the whole thing, Upscale Anon's setup might work. I haven't used it myself but the results seem to be very good. You copy the videos into the folder, then run a batch script (configurable) which does everything for you.

No extra installation required either since it has all the models and programs you need, although if you use a different model (the setup uses realesr-animevideov3) then you'd probably have to modify the batch script a little bit.

Thread:
Download: Mega
Oh my whoever's up there, you have no idea how much this will help. The appreciation I have for you is indescribable

Although, it's not perfect, so I've decided to take it as an inspiration and make my own setup. It's basically the same thing as Upscale Anon's but with fewer features, but it supports HEVC codec and I have more idea of what the heck happens in the CMD in returns
With this, I no longer have to go through Media Encoder twice (export image sequence and convert that to video) and don't have to monitor the disk's available space (the old unautomated setup doesn't delete the used image sequences, which take up space really quickly)

Once again, thank you

Reactions: hlarious
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes