hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
May 26, 2019
This is a pain for android users though. Maybe then game can be lossy compressed. It won't make that much of a difference on those small ass screens
I actually already provide compressed android builds for this game, but I haven't updated it yet. I just can't keep up with weekly updateso_O.

As for delta updates for Android...It should be possible if HellGames does what I recommended.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2017
I actually already provide compressed android builds for this game, but I haven't updated it yet. I just can't keep up with weekly updateso_O.

As for delta updates for Android...It should be possible if HellGames does what I recommended.
I legit do not know how renpy works. But I'd imagine it calls script files for dialog or whatever, which call for stills or videos. You suggest just putting script files in some known directory on android and have the app call those for new updates?

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
May 26, 2019
I legit do not know how renpy works. But I'd imagine it calls script files for dialog or whatever, which call for stills or videos. You suggest just putting script files in some known directory on android and have the app call those for new updates?
Yes. For example, files placed at Android/data/hngg.unofficial.champion.hellgames/files/game/ will be loaded by the game as if they were part of the original .APK install. This can be used to add mods to Android ports, and(presumably) updates. I haven't tried with updates, but I believe it would work. The files found in the folder should have a higher priority VS. files in the .APK, just like how image files found at champion\game\scene\ would overwrite the packed files in champion\game\scene.rpa for the Windows version.

For a hypothetical v26 update, we could place new content at Android/data/hngg.unofficial.champion.hellgames/files/game/v26/ and place all of the updated script files at Android/data/hngg.unofficial.champion.hellgames/files/game/script/

PinkGoddess

Apr 3, 2020

Daaaamn so sadly the compressed android is not in the current update.. ;_;

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
May 26, 2019
Daaaamn so sadly the compressed android is not in the current update.. ;_;
It will be in a few minutes :cool:.

Seems odd as it is just an icon wrapped in using renpy tool none the less.
Acronis, Avast, AVG, McAfee, Microsoft, Symantec, and many others say clean though I have seen it before that some odd ball scanners will bleep when an icon is added :confused:

Used Ren'Py documentation

Well the executable is cosmetic only so not using it doesn't really do anything.
False positive reports from anti-virus software after adding an icon to a RenPy game is a common issue. The current theory is that it is because the RenPy compiler does not adjust the file header to accurately reflect the size of the icon, which I guess is something tojan malware also does. The lead dev of RenPy plans to change this with version 7.4 so perhaps this issue will go away soon. For now, I've found using 256 color bitmap/uncompressed icons is less likely to cause false-positives VS. using .PNG icons. Use a resolution of exactly 256x256 for all layers or the Windows file explorer won't scale it correctly.

Here's my own compile for example:
As you can see, some engines are still suspicious, but it is reduced.

Last edited:
Reactions: masterdragonson

PinkGoddess

Apr 3, 2020
Champion [v0.25] [Hell Games] - Original size 1.59GB
Compressed Android Port (342MB): - WORKUPLOAD

*This unofficial port/version is not released by the original developer, download at your own risk*
These files were compressed using YAC, my own cruncher script! Check it out!
If u dont mind, I gonna save ur post in my bookmarks and reply u when new update is available pretty pls, u are a savior for android players like me, 2gb in 400mb is simply PERFECT because I have too many VNs already in the phone haha :p

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Yes. For example, files placed at Android/data/hngg.unofficial.champion.hellgames/files/game/ will be loaded by the game as if they were part of the original .APK install. This can be used to add mods to Android ports, and(presumably) updates. I haven't tried with updates, but I believe it would work. The files found in the folder should have a higher priority VS. files in the .APK, just like how image files found at champion\game\scene\ would overwrite the packed files in champion\game\scene.rpa for the Windows version.

For a hypothetical v26 update, we could place new content at Android/data/hngg.unofficial.champion.hellgames/files/game/v26/ and place all of the updated script files at Android/data/hngg.unofficial.champion.hellgames/files/game/script/
Neat! Thanks for the info and apparently it can be used for updates.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

May 2, 2019
Hey, HellGames. I just picked up Champion just now and it was great. Had a lot of fun with the characters and the story itself.

I'm not much of a talkative person on the net for personal reasons, but I don't want to have my voice not be heard if I am given the chance to do so.

I'm taking that chance now.

Champion is a great game and as you can see, I really like the story and its characters. It saddens me to learn through the game's latest secret that fans from a certain developer's game are describing your creation with really choice words just because they think it's a rip-off. As someone who has played both games, I can tell you it's not.

I hope that you'll stay strong despite them and continue improving your game. I'm really looking forward to what comes next after 0.25.

Last edited:

ZimonColdres

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2019
I'm still alive, I was away for the weekend to calm the waters.
So, for the quick updates, I know there are several ways to do it, the problem is that using one that's too complicated would be a problem, I still have too many people asking me how to install the game when you just extract it.
At the moment I'm trying to fix a bug caused by renpy which makes it considered a false positive and error in the various platforms. I've found the problem and I hope that everything will be OK in the 0.26.
After this, I have to find an easy way to implement updates via android. In any case, I am cleaning code and files to reduce the size.
There are repeatable events: Asmedia Shower Sex before Exile, Hera forest sex, Izanami festival and festival sex, all naughty events.
The last thing to be clear, I have nothing against CK or its fans, the problem is certain elements, and that's all.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
I'm still alive, I was away for the weekend to calm the waters.
The song from Portal starts playing ♪ Hopefully you had a nice weekend :D

So, for the quick updates, I know there are several ways to do it, the problem is that using one that's too complicated would be a problem, I still have too many people asking me how to install the game when you just extract it.
Hopefully this isn't a "We can't have nice things because stupid people exist..."
Herd immunity (or community immunity) is the basic concept of once enough people figure out how something works they help the others learn it so that we can all enjoy a pleasant experience :geek:

And sometimes you just got to let darwin's theory take it's course :sneaky:

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
May 26, 2019
Neat! Thanks for the info and apparently it can be used for updates.

The easiest way I can think of is to place all of the updated files as unpacked folders/files inside a folder named "game", mirroring an un-ren'd Windows version. Zip that folder, then tell the user to unzip the game folder into the game's "files" folder.

The reason they should be unpacked(not .rpa) is to prevent multiple copies of files existing in the folder. If the files are unpacked when a user applies a new update on top of an older one, the changed files are overwritten and the unchanged files are kept, merging the updates. If packed .rpa files(like the one you provided) are used, multiple copies of files like script.rpy and options.rpy will exist in the folder because each update.rpa will contain a copy, wasting space and potentially causing conflicts/bugs.

At the moment I'm trying to fix a bug caused by renpy which makes it considered a false positive and error in the various platforms. I've found the problem and I hope that everything will be OK in the 0.26.
I refer to my previous comment on this. To add, I suggest you stick with the stable branch of RenPy as well, which is currently version [7.3.5.606]. Don't use any external apps to add the icon either, just name the file "icon.ico" and place it next to the main.exe file; the SDK will automatically inject it into the executable when you build for distribution.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
wasting space and potentially causing conflicts/bugs.
RPA files do waste a bit of space such as scripts being mostly duplicated over time but they are essential small text files so meh you waste a few KB or MB. So far the only conflict I found was with naming RPA files as the last one takes presidency otherwise Ren'Py handles duplicates just fine. However I can see this being more of an issue on Android then PC.

Still though haven't gotten around to seeing if Android supports rpa files so your method is the current working model as far as I know :) Mostly I work on PC were storage is cheap so wasting some space is negligible. Either way it would make downloading updates faster for loyal fans.

Kyriel

Oct 24, 2019
I'll ask again, since I'm relatively new to Champion. How do I unlock Tailè, if it's still her name?

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
Yeah, treat the latest code as some sort of release and just let go of the nonsense those people say, although degrading, publicity is still publicity, also just believe in yourself and those of us who believes in you. ;)

ZimonColdres

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2019
Welcome to version 0.26!

I have decided to make a change with events, as I want to give you the ability to make money and collect Etheria.
For this reason, no girls in 0.26.
Now let's talk about the new content:
Tailè event:

Two events for Maeve:

New place in the house: Garden
No new secret events this time. Actually the new one was ready to be inserted, but I decided to avoid it, let's see how the situation evolves.
The next version will be much bigger and we will finally have the girls in the house, and also a new power.
Sorry for the lack of content lately, these weeks have been quite heavy, but from next week everything should be back to normal.
I hope you like this new version.

Last edited:

PinkGoddess

Apr 3, 2020
Welcome to version 0.26!

I have decided to make a change with events, as I want to give you the ability to make money and collect Etheria.
For this reason, no girls in 0.26.
Now let's talk about the new content:
Tailè event:

Two events for Maeve:

New place in the house: Garden
No new secret events this time. Actually the new one was ready to be inserted, but I decided to avoid it, let's see how the situation evolves.
The next version will be much bigger and we will finally have the girls in the house, and also a new power.
Sorry for the lack of content lately, these weeks have been quite heavy, but from next week everything should be back to normal.
I hope you like this new version.
We need more Cleos events >.<"hahaha :p

Btw, if u need some cover or something for the game, let me know I would very glad to make something for the game of course <3

PinkGoddess

Apr 3, 2020
Champion [v0.25] [Hell Games] - Original size 1.59GB
Compressed Android Port (342MB): - WORKUPLOAD

*This unofficial port/version is not released by the original developer, download at your own risk*
These files were compressed using YAC, my own cruncher script! Check it out!
When u want and u can, an update for the game would be reaaaally apreciate my friend ! No rush, only I tell u, I dont want to bother u of course !

• Hey there
Reactions: hngg
3.90 star(s) 35 Votes