DarthFalcon

Mar 15, 2021
You know. Even if we are shown these "indisputable" IP logs, there's nothing to say they weren't faked by the admins here. Even if they weren't, its not difficult to change your IP address, or have one shared by multiple people. College campuses don't have an individual ip per computer, they have one per exit point of the campus network. So several hundred people could "share" an IP. IP alone is not enough for anything.

I've been following Zimon and CoR for 7 months. I've seen every rant, every breakdown, everything. And though all of that, not one time has he struck me as a person who would fake reviews. If he did I wouldn't be a Patreon. Especially given he has had other problems with F95 before, I wouldn't be surprised if this is yet another attempt by the mods to cause problems for him. Updates magically not getting promoted, the last updated date changing to over 2 years ago, making the game appear abandoned (a point before CoR even existed), etc. I get the occasional problem, but each time it seems like its a targeted attack on Zimon. It's not like Zim is making these things up, you could have gone here yourself and seen these problems first hand. I checked each one, and time and time again, he was telling the truth.

Zimon has made it clear he wants discussion and feedback about the game. I fail to see how 5 faked reviews would benefit him in any way. It's not like people talk about reviews. He had nothing to gain from that. Furthermore, there was no "purposefully misleading statements." Zimon updated us on the discord and provided screenshots of parts of the conversations. You can look for yourself. No part of those were misleading. We were able to read for ourselves the accusations placed against him. There was no misleading information, unless we have reached the age of the internet where defending yourself is a crime.

Zimon complied with everything which was asked. He was given an ultimatum, admit fault or never get the form back. Not exactly much choice, whether he was in the right or wrong. He accepted the 1 month punishment (again, whether he was guilty or not, he accepted it willingly) and then the next day is permanently banned. What kind of fucked up system is being run here where someone is forced to admit to something, accepts a punishment, informs the other communities about said punishment, then is further punished.

Maybe he did do it, maybe he didn't. I personally don't think he did, you are able to make your own decision about that. But regardless, if you look at the facts and what has happened here int he past, its hard to deny that it looks less like a greedy dev who wanted more attention, and more like a corrupt system with people who have it out for him.

Samsami

Nov 16, 2018
I got stuck on this for a bit too. You have to find her in the library to advance her. The exile menu has a scroll bar at the bottom. Scroll over to "Outside" and you can get back there.
Thanks a ton bud i was so close to dropping the game out.but now that i see there's indeed a scroll option i didn't see at first thanks again!

Reactions: Zareem

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
You know. Even if we are shown these "indisputable" IP logs, there's nothing to say they weren't faked by the admins here.
if you look at the facts and what has happened here int he past, its hard to deny that it looks less like a greedy dev who wanted more attention, and more like a corrupt system with people who have it out for him.
For what purpose? Why would the admins target this game in particular, what benefit would taking it down give to them individually or F95 as a whole? This reads like a conspiracy theory.
I've been following Zimon and CoR for 7 months. I've seen every rant, every breakdown, everything. And though all of that, not one time has he struck me as a person who would fake reviews.
I fail to see how 5 faked reviews would benefit him in any way. It's not like people talk about reviews. He had nothing to gain from that.
Really? Cause I wasn't surprised by it in the slightest. 5 star reviews raise the visibility of the game in the top games list, more visibility means more of his precious "thread interaction". From my interaction with him in the past I could totally see him thinking that the low star reviews were "haters attacking him for no reason" and trying to "even it out" by putting 5 star reviews in there.
Updates magically not getting promoted, the last updated date changing to over 2 years ago, making the game appear abandoned (a point before CoR even existed), etc. I get the occasional problem, but each time it seems like its a targeted attack on Zimon.
All of this has happened to several different games I follow not just CoR, it's the result of a buggy system not a directed attack on one random dev.
fun fact he was asleep when that happened i suggest joining the discord and getting more information from there
There are several suspicious reviews dating back months, where "someone" made an account to post a single 5 star review, left no comments or anything and never logged back into the account afterwards. This doesn't seem like a one time thing.
(Not to mention that you're just taking his word that he was asleep)

Djaylol

Jun 2, 2020
There are several suspicious reviews dating back months, where "someone" made an account to post a single 5 star review, left no comments or anything and never logged back into the account afterwards. This doesn't seem like a one time thing.
maybe cus he liked the game and wanted to support it by leaving a review duh

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
fun fact he was asleep when that happened i suggest joining the discord and getting more information from there
Zimon logged into his main account using the same IP as one of the alts 40 minutes after the fact. His main accounts last activity on that day was 1:36AM UTC, the last of the spam reviews was posted at 12:58AM UTC.

Even if they weren't, its not difficult to change your IP address, or have one shared by multiple people. College campuses don't have an individual ip per computer, they have one per exit point of the campus network. So several hundred people could "share" an IP. IP alone is not enough for anything.
It's a residential IP, and the cross over between accounts is less than an hour.

Especially given he has had other problems with F95 before, I wouldn't be surprised if this is yet another attempt by the mods to cause problems for him.
We can only promote a thread when we are notified about it. If he updates the thread and then doesn't report the OP, we don't know about the update, and so it doesn't get promoted.

What kind of fucked up system is being run here where someone is forced to admit to something, accepts a punishment, informs the other communities about said punishment, then is further punished.
Unfortunately devs using alts to post fake reviews is actually quite a common occurrence. As long as the developer owns up to the "mistake" and promises to not do it again then we're fine with giving them a second chance and not posting a public message. However, it's clear that in this instance, from the messages posted on Discord, that there was zero remorse plus a denial of wrongdoing, so we no longer felt comfortable giving him the benefit of the doubt that this was a one time thing, and enforced our rules more stringently.

but each time it seems like its a targeted attack on Zimon [...] corrupt system with people who have it out for him.
This is the first time I've had any interaction with him, and I haven't even played this game. Do you seriously think I randomly go around targeting innocent developers just for kicks? In the past 5 years we have banned reviews on 3 games including this one. This is an incredibly rare occurrence and an action we do not take lightly.

Djaylol

Jun 2, 2020
Zimon logged into his main account using the same IP as one of the alts 40 minutes after the fact. His main accounts last activity on that day was 1:36AM UTC, the last of the spam reviews was posted at 12:58AM UTC.

It's a residential IP, and the cross over between accounts is less than an hour.

We can only promote a thread when we are notified about it. If he updates the thread and then doesn't report the OP, we don't know about the update, and so it doesn't get promoted.

Unfortunately devs using alts to post fake reviews is actually quite a common occurrence. As long as the developer owns up to the "mistake" and promises to not do it again then we're fine with giving them a second chance and not posting a public message. However, it's clear that in this instance, from the messages posted on Discord, that there was zero remorse plus a denial of wrongdoing, so we no longer felt comfortable giving him the benefit of the doubt, and enforced our rules more stringently.

This is the first time I've had any interaction with him, and I haven't even played this game. Do you seriously think I randomly go around targeting innocent developers just for kicks? In the past 5 years we have banned reviews on 3 games including this one. This is an incredibly rare occurrence and an action we do not take lightly.
how many reviews where posted

Reactions: sixfingers7

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
how many reviews where posted
8 reviews, going back to July. All 8 used the same French VPN node. The 8th and final review was posted at 12:58AM UTC yesterday, whilst the account was registered using the same VPN node as the previous 7 reviews, it also logged in using Zimon's main residential IP - I'm guessing he accidentally disabled his VPN whilst still logged into this alt.

We were obviously monitoring the situation due to the previous 7 reviews, however once we had concrete evidence with the 8th account we took action.

We are also suspicious of another 3 accounts, but haven't taken action as it can't be 100% proven like the 8 mentioned above.

Djaylol

Jun 2, 2020
8 reviews, going back to July. All 8 used the same French VPN node. The 8th and final review was posted at 12:58AM UTC yesterday, whilst the account was registered using the same VPN node as the previous 7 reviews, it also logged in using Zimon's main residential IP - I'm guessing he accidentally disabled his VPN whilst still logged into this alt.

We were obviously monitoring the situation due to the previous 7 reviews, however once we had concrete evidence with the 8th account we took action.

We are also suspicious of another 3 accounts, but haven't taken action as it can't be 100% proven like the 8 mentioned above.
you mean they come from france

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Re-read my post. All 8 accounts used the same VPN node, the 8th account also used Zimon's residential IP address, thus proving the 8th account was Zimon's alt, and linking the previous 7 accounts to the 8th account.

The VPN node used was French. I'm not going to reveal Zimon's residential ISP or country.

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
That was the part I was curious about, having a bunch of good reviews come from the same IP is suspicious but could just be an over zealous fan, having them come from the same IP the dev used is damning.
The VPN was in france that doesn't mean the person is, there is no "Haha but Zimon doesn't live in france" moment here.

DarthFalcon

Mar 15, 2021

I appreciate you replying with this information. I was not aware of any of that. Certainly food for thought. Hard to deny if the account was made with the VPN and used his IP. Although that would only make it certain 1 of the alt accounts was used for that purpose, not all 8.

All of this has happened to several different games I follow not just CoR, it's the result of a buggy system not a directed attack on one random dev.

I don't frequent F95 much, so I didn't know it was a more widespread issue. I only know about it when it happens to CoR. In fact this is the only thread I've ever really looked at.

Unfortunately devs using alts to post fake reviews is actually quite a common occurrence. As long as the developer owns up to the "mistake" and promises to not do it again then we're fine with giving them a second chance and not posting a public message. However, it's clear that in this instance, from the messages posted on Discord, that there was zero remorse plus a denial of wrongdoing, so we no longer felt comfortable giving him the benefit of the doubt, and enforced our rules more stringently.

I wasn't sure. I like having all of the information before I make a decision, and I realize I made a decision prematurely. I'm still not 100% convinced, but its certainly something I will have to think about more. I understand wanting to take action if something like this happens.

Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
I appreciate you replying with this information. I was not aware of any of that. Certainly food for thought. Hard to deny if the account was made with the VPN and used his IP. Although that would only make it certain 1 of the alt accounts was used for that purpose, not all 8.
Sam can you share who were the 7 accounts, or at least their activity on the forum? Did all 7 just post a 5 star review and nothing else?

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Sam can you share who were the 7 accounts, or at least their activity on the forum? Did all 7 just post a 5 star review and nothing else?
There is no point in sharing since each was used only to boost this game, they joined, liked the op posted 5 star review and were discarded.

Reactions: Mrkraken888

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
There is no point in sharing since each was used only to boost this game, they joined, liked the op posted 5 star review and were discarded.
Out of curiosity, in a case like this are there any other actions taken against the game developer? I mean, one could suppose that since this dev is bringing in over $3000 per month that some (most?) of that support is coming from users on this site and therefore might be partially based on the 'bad' reviews?

Just curious, and not trying to stir the pot. I haven't seen this happen on here before.

Cheers

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
so they created an acount to support a game they liked isnt that normal to do when you like a game creating an account to support it on different platforms
If they were actual people, sure.
But there's definitive proof it was all Zimon, which is (obviously) against the site rules.
He tried to scam the system and got caught, you can't defend him.

3.90 star(s) 35 Votes