Djaylol

Jun 2, 2020
If they were actual people, sure.
But there's definitive proof it was all Zimon, which is (obviously) against the site rules.
He tried to scam the system and got caught, you can't defend him.
and do you have any proof he did the only people that have that are the mods so you cant attack him

Reactions: sixfingers7

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
and do you have any proof he did the only people that have that are the mods so you cant attack him
You're totally right, the mods have the proof, you literally had the SysAdmin explain to you earlier how they know it could only be Zimon.
8 reviews, going back to July. All 8 used the same French VPN node. The 8th and final review was posted at 12:58AM UTC yesterday, whilst the account was registered using the same VPN node as the previous 7 reviews, it also logged in using Zimon's main residential IP - I'm guessing he accidentally disabled his VPN whilst still logged into this alt.
Fact: 8 reviews came from 8 accounts all made by the same person.
Fact: The same person logged into the 8th account as well as Zimon's account.
Conclusion: Zimon made all 8 accounts and posted all 8 reviews.

No one is attacking Zimon, he got fairly banned for breaking the rules. THE END

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
so they created an acount to support a game they liked isnt that normal to do when you like a game creating an account to support it on different platforms
It's is not at all, you need to be logged in an account to download games. The other possibility is that they made an account, downloaded the game, reviewed, then decided nothing else in the site was worth downloading and stopped logging in that account. All in the spam of a couple minutes.

That or they are alts made to boost the game.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I get that people are surprised with what happened, but I don't see why the staff/mods would target zimon and ban him for no reason. The idea of creating accounts to give your game good reviews sounds kind of dumb especially since the game already had really good ratings anyway, but I don't see why the staff would randomly choose this dev and make up a story like this. We all know that zimon in the past has shown concerns about the reviews and the fact that the thread is not as active as he would like it to be. This situation sucks but in this case I don't think we can really blame the staff/mods.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
I get that people are surprised with what happened, but I don't see why the staff/mods would target zimon and ban him for no reason. The idea of creating accounts to give your game good reviews sounds kind of dumb especially since the game already had really good ratings anyway, but I don't see why the staff would randomly choose this dev and make up a story like this. We all know that zimon in the past has shown concerns about the reviews and the fact that the thread is not as active as he would like it to be. This situation sucks but in this case I don't think we can really blame the staff/mods.
Gotta say, I'm honestly not surprised that the game got some inflated 5* reviews - just checking through some reviews on popular titles on the site show accounts that barely have seen use besides some ratings on a cursory glance, so it seems to happen more often than one might think.
I am however surprised the dev himself apparently did it, especially when you consider that the fanbases for these types of games go at smiting down dissenting thoughts with an almost crusader-like fervor, so the positive reviews would've come naturally regardless.

But taking a look at some reviews here seems to indicate that the reviews highlighting the negative aspects of the game have a whole lot more likes per review, so it might just be that someone felt threatened by it and had to take matters into his own hands.

Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
Given Zimon's history of claiming to be persecuted/boycotted by the mods for various reasons, It's not surprising this is being brushed off as just "another instance". Since the evidence is pretty conclusive, there's really nothing else in his defense other than claiming the whole thing is a lie. Everyone can choose to belive what they want, but I just never bought the idea that a team of mods in charge of hundrends, if not thousands of games would go out of their way to harm the developer of a medium sized game for seemigly no reason other than "they don't like him". Sounds like tinfoil hat talk to me.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Gotta say, I'm honestly not surprised that the game got some inflated 5* reviews - just checking through some reviews on popular titles on the site show accounts that barely have seen use besides some ratings on a cursory glance, so it seems to happen more often than one might think.
I am however surprised the dev himself apparently did it, especially when you consider that the fanbases for these types of games go at smiting down dissenting thoughts with an almost crusader-like fervor, so the positive reviews would've come naturally regardless.

But taking a look at some reviews here seems to indicate that the reviews highlighting the negative aspects of the game have a whole lot more likes per review, so it might just be that someone felt threatened by it and had to take matters into his own hands.
Yeah for me the surprising part is that the dev himself was doing it. People trying to manipulate the review system is very common. There have even been some devs that said that they get "threatened" with bad reviews if they don't add/remove certain fetishes from their games.

Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
Yeah for me the surprising part is that the dev himself was doing it. People trying to manipulate the review system is very common. There have even been some devs that said that they get "threatened" with bad reviews if they don't add/remove certain fetishes from their games.
Even Zimon was a victim of stuff like that. Not too long ago I remember this dude who used to love the CoR, had a signature and everything, but he did't like the UI changes that were being made. Dude wrote a 3/5 review with talking about nothing but UI changes. You can read it, it's one of the latest ones.
However, that's the kinda shit you have to deal with as a dev. It sucks, but that doesn't mean you can take it into your own hands to fix it. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Even Zimon was a victim of stuff like that. Not too long ago I remember this dude who used to love the CoR, had a signature and everything, but he did't like the UI changes that were being made. Dude wrote a 3/5 review with talking about nothing but UI changes. You can read it, it's one of the latest ones.
Interestingly enough, I also had issues with those changes, but not on a level along the lines of "Oh wow, now with those UI changes the game constantly fluctuates around with I can't get immersed at all." but rather my issues were on a more conceptual level.
I felt that this constant back and forthing with decisions and throwing in mechanics that are not improving the main gameplay loop is indicative of a lack of understanding, which results in inconsistency.

This game got quite the amount of support right from the word "go", due to its focus on characterization and the story on display with some nice lewd scenes to top it all off, without the need for unnecessary side mechanics that ultimately don't affect the main gameplay elements. So with the constant additions, revisions and changes to certain parts that are not directly linked to those elements, it definitely felt like the game lost its focus and time that could've spent improving on its core strengths was instead wasted on going back and forth with unnecessary filler. This is especially bad when you consider how badly some of those elements got implemented.
The worst offender in that regard possibly being the time spending mechanic surrounding your resident characters, which in its first iteration was so bad, the backlash was massive and had to be revised entirely. It worked on a technical level but was just thrown into the game without understanding how it will impact the flow of the story, how it affects the gameplay and turned the game into a massive grind that felt like padding of playtime. To me at least, it felt like it was thrown in because other, more popular games have something similar without understanding how or why they work in those specific titles - which is what I refer to when I mentioned the "lack of understanding".

To Zimons credit, he stated that he polled his audience about this mechanic and its different varieties and it was what the majority voted for apparently, so I guess you sleep in the bed you make.

Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
Interestingly enough, I also had issues with those changes, but not on a level along the lines of "Oh wow, now with those UI changes the game constantly fluctuates around with I can't get immersed at all." but rather my issues were on a more conceptual level.
I felt that this constant back and forthing with decisions and throwing in mechanics that are not improving the main gameplay loop is indicative of a lack of understanding, which results in inconsistency.

This game got quite the amount of support right from the word "go", due to its focus on characterization and the story on display with some nice lewd scenes to top it all off, without the need for unnecessary side mechanics that ultimately don't affect the main gameplay elements. So with the constant additions, revisions and changes to certain parts that are not directly linked to those elements, it definitely felt like the game lost its focus and time that could've spent improving on its core strengths was instead wasted on going back and forth with unnecessary filler. This is especially bad when you consider how badly some of those elements got implemented.
The worst offender in that regard possibly being the time spending mechanic surrounding your resident characters, which in its first iteration was so bad, the backlash was massive and had to be revised entirely. It worked on a technical level but was just thrown into the game without understanding how it will impact the flow of the story, how it affects the gameplay and turned the game into a massive grind that felt like padding of playtime. To me at least, it felt like it was thrown in because other, more popular games have something similar without understanding how or why they work in those specific titles - which is what I refer to when I mentioned the "lack of understanding".

To Zimons credit, he stated that he polled his audience about this mechanic and its different varieties and it was what the majority voted for apparently, so I guess you sleep in the bed you make.
I'm not saying that he wasn't justified in being upset with the UI changes. I'm saying that giving a game, that in his own words was "one of his favorites", a mediocre score just because of bad UI changes, while disregarding all the other aspects of the game is not really fair. It comes out more like a protest, or trying to get the dev to do what you want, rather than an informative description of the product.
But I do agree with you that the game was lacking direction, as Zimon was trying to widen his audience. A lot of things were being thrown to see what sticks.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2018
just my opinion IF he did fake 5 star ratings tbh hell thats not that bad pointing to 2 big companies in online SALES who do profit on them as well as the salesman using them where a rsting might does a true change

the game is good none-the-less , even though i have insecurities of keeping going with it simply because of the maybe reinstallibg deal everytime

from my viewpoint what was done, in case it was done at all, sounds not to bad and just tried to make more people interested in looking at the game or trying it ... there is worse things he could've done again in case he did

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
I just hope he isn't completely banned / gone from this forum.

Yes, what he allegedly did was rather bad. And yes, we have a statement from the staff that (if true, and I have no particular reason to think it isn't) constitutes damning evidence that he did do it. So he does need to have some privileges revoked to ensure he can't do it again.

But he was still a decent dev that was responsive to the community. And it'd be a shame to loose that completely.

Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
I just hope he isn't completely banned / gone from this forum.

Yes, what he allegedly did was rather bad. And yes, we have a statement from the staff that (if true, and I have no particular reason to think it isn't) constitutes damning evidence that he did do it. So he does need to have some privileges revoked to ensure he can't do it again.

But he was still a decent dev that was responsive to the community. And it'd be a shame to loose that completely.
Oh, for sure. To me, if this is true, it's a case of a man that got too hung up in his own quest for sucess, and made dumb decisions. While the actions were condemnable for sure, I don't think it's as bad as the countless devs that sit on their work and lie to their supporter's faces. That's something Zimon definetly doesn't do.
But the bigger issue here is not exactly what he allegedly did, but him blaming the mods and admins, when he was in the wrong here. Zimon was stirring his supporters against the staff on f95zone, so they felt the need to come clean and show what they had on him. Like Sam said, review manipulation is fairly common, but what got him banned was "spread of misinformation".
Anyway, if he does return, I don't think it will be anytime soon. While he certainly would like to keep the exposure, he would have to swallow a lot of pride to return right now. There's too much bad blood.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Oh, for sure. To me, if this is true, it's a case of a man that got too hung up in his own quest for sucess, and made dumb decisions. While the actions were condemnable for sure, I don't think it's as bad as the countless devs that sit on their work and lie to their supporter's faces. That's something Zimon definetly doesn't do.
But the bigger issue here is not exactly what he allegedly did, but him blaming the mods and admins, when he was in the wrong here. Zimon was stirring his supporters against the staff on f95zone, so they felt the need to come clean and show what they had on him. Like Sam said, review manipulation is fairly common, but what got him banned was "spread of misinformation".
I see. Too bad. I am all for accountability and stuff but like don't start a fight you can't win when you are in the wrong.

Anyway, if he does return, I don't think it will be anytime soon. While he certainly would like to keep the exposure, he would have to swallow a lot of pride to return right now. There's too much bad blood.
Too bad. He was getting off on such a good start. I mean, sure, he didn't seem to have a plan as to what he was doing in terms of gameplay but the art is nice and the plot is consistent and interesting. So if he focuses on those two he'll have a good product. But without proper feedback he is likely to make bad choices in reguards to the gameplay part which isn't his strong suit.

Reactions: User1230
3.90 star(s) 35 Votes