ZimonColdres

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2019
What did I wrong? Got the newest Version:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After loading the script.
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe4 in position 15: invalid continuation byte

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 452, in main
game.persistent = renpy.persistent.init()
File "renpy/persistent.py", line 223, in init
filename = os.path.join(renpy.config.savedir, "persistent.new")
File "/home/tom/ab/nightly-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/ntpath.py", line 85, in join
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe4 in position 15: invalid continuation byte
it's the new version of renpy that's causing problems, it's not a bug in the game, I hope they fix it as soon as possible, for now try reinstalling / redownloading.

sure but messages like this in my opinion tend to do very little you have a game that is similar to another game you kind of just have to accept that some people will dislike you for this reason alone and raging about it will do very little to make people like your game more or stop comparing it to corrupted kingdoms. The Internets reaction is unfair at times sadly as a developer that is a part of life people will irationally hate on or speak negatively about your game in a way that you think is not fair... keeping close tabs on anyone speaking negatively about your game in comparison to CK like this is quite unhealthy. I just went and read that exact conversation and while some were talking down on your game they also admitted they have only played a small part of it, also there were other people there defending your game and pointing out how CK is derivative of other games and not fully original not everything is black and white.
....we got nothing similar..... one is mind control, the other one romance, the story is different, the UI too, the map too, the music too......the only similar thing is the engine, nothing less, nothing more.

I have a question HellGames, do you plan to include more kinky fetishes like bdsm, slave, corruption, bestiality.. etc?
Mmmmm, corruption and bestiality no, for others we will see.

Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
sure but messages like this in my opinion tend to do very little you have a game that is similar to another game you kind of just have to accept that some people will dislike you for this reason alone and raging about it will do very little to make people like your game more or stop comparing it to corrupted kingdoms. The Internets reaction is unfair at times sadly as a developer that is a part of life people will irationally hate on or speak negatively about your game in a way that you think is not fair... keeping close tabs on anyone speaking negatively about your game in comparison to CK like this is quite unhealthy. I just went and read that exact conversation and while some were talking down on your game they also admitted they have only played a small part of it, also there were other people there defending your game and pointing out how CK is derivative of other games and not fully original not everything is black and white.
I have to say... I completely agree.

Whether or not the comparisons to CK (or any other game) are warranted or not (they're not, BTW, the games look similar, yes, but look how many hundreds of games on the site use Daz models and they don't get accused of being ripoffs!)... the scene seems to me a pretty massive waste of time and energy. It's not like that one 'fuck you' scene is going to change the minds of the people who it's aimed at, and the work it took to create the scene could have instead been put into something fun (part of the main game or another secret scene, whatever) for those of us that it's not aimed at.

This is going to sound really harsh, so understand that I enjoy this game and look forward to every update: if I was one of the 'haters' and watched the scene... I would have hit the 'I'm a badass shooting you with this imaginary gun' part and I would have just rolled my eyes and laughed at how juvenile it was.

Last edited:

weaselman

Apr 6, 2018
The invasion event actually made me laugh. I like both games so it's kinda sad that people can't just enjoy them without making dumb comparisons.
the craziest thing is that when corrupted kingdoms began he was accused of ripping of long live the princess because of pixy and they also shared similar UI's
who cares? all 3 games have gone in their own different ways and I like to play them all 3

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
Got an error on the Android version that reinstalling doesn't fix:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10, in <module>
TypeError: enqueue() got an unexpected keyword argument 'relative_volume'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "00start.rpyc", line 236, in script call
  File "script/script.rpyc", line 10, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 908, in execute
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2102, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10, in <module>
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1526, in movie_cutscene
  File "renpy/display/video.py", line 78, in movie_start
  File "renpy/audio/music.py", line 127, in play
TypeError: enqueue() got an unexpected keyword argument 'relative_volume'
It started when I went to the Chamber of Visions (for some god awful reason, I want to call it Chamber of Secrets), typed in 'moto', then that happened.

Game would reload at that exact same point as well, so I nuked it, and can't play, because the intro video throws the same error.

Trynn

Jul 10, 2018
Whether or not the comparisons to CK (or any other game) are warranted or not (they're not, BTW, the games look similar, yes, but look how many hundreds of games on the site use Daz models and they don't get accused of being ripoffs!)...
I can't help but think it's like people who build stuff with lego being accused of ripping off other people who build stuff with lego because they've used the same blocks. Even if the actual build is different.

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
I have mixed feelings with the Invasion code, since I like both games and feel like I’m the MC on both... and see myself kill myself... felt weird xD

Best Collab ever if not for that theme. Welp, I understand though.

Reactions: DeathAl

ZimonColdres

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2019
Guys, behind the event there are many meanings and problems, it's not only the toxic CK fanbase that has been tormenting me with the usual story for 5 months, but there are also those who pretend to be me in the forums and defame me, those who spread false information to ruin the growth of the game, such as those who say that the game doesn't even start because of the bugs or that "the items in the inventory make the game crashed and restart the game", or those who make death threats, there are many things.
Here the concept of "everyone has his or her own opinion and needs to respect it" has been surpassed, and for a long time now.
Another thing, the guy in the end is called "???", which means he can be any person.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Toloto and Genji

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
As someone mentioned before, even CK was compared to other games in the past. Another example, every time a new 2d game is posted in this forum, people call it a summertime saga rip off. The more attention you give those people, the worse they get.

PinkGoddess

Apr 3, 2020
Guys, behind the event there are many meanings and problems, it's not only the toxic CK fanbase that has been tormenting me with the usual story for 5 months, but there are also those who pretend to be me in the forums and defame me, those who spread false information to ruin the growth of the game, such as those who say that the game doesn't even start because of the bugs or that "the items in the inventory make the game crashed and restart the game", or those who make death threats, there are many things.
Another thing, the guy in the end is called "???", which means he can be any person.
Dont listen to those kinds of people, focus on your fanbase. The problem that always happens to people is to focus too much on the people who criticize us and very little on those who support us, and, if the criticism does not come to IMPROVE the product, discard it, because one thing is a criticism that helps you to improve what you are doing and another someone who only comes to defame because you use the same models to create the game, which, by the way, I play both, and they do not seem at all similar to me, CK has a somewhat darker touch and it is POV, while in this we can see our MC and the atmosphere is somewhat more "rainbow, happy", and u created a fucking Cleopatra, daaamn <3 (I am not up to date on the last update of both games so I may be wrong, but at least what I have played is like I feeled it)

Reactions: Warped77

kangsungki

Apr 19, 2019
0.24 is great, it was fun. But 0.25 will not run.
3rd reinstallation of mega and nopy.. But the result is the same.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hellgames i hope you will be able to get passed these kind of comments and brush them off ( i mean the copy CK or w/e shit ) and not only that i hope the stuff that you mentioned in post #941 stops and they don't bother you anymore, i'm rooting for you buddy!
As for the game untill i've read these last pages (46/47/48) i would have not thought to compare it with CK ....is it because of the graphics that people compare it?cause if its because of that then every other game is a copy cat of another fking game...
Story wise?i don't really see the resemblance...but maybe thats just me...
Characters?not really..
I'm stumped...tbh i can't see where this is a rip off of CK and i say that from the POV of someone who is playing Champion & CK at every update...and can't wait for either of them to be released...
Again i say i hope this will not haunt you for more time than it has and i hope every little thing turns for better because you need it and i might sound selfish ( i know i am ...) but i also enjoy a fuckton of every release you put up for this game!
Oh and one more thing i checked the last few pages because i confused about the Invasion event ...i was like what the actual fk is going on?
But was still a nice event and i enjoyed it quite a bit !

3.90 star(s) 35 Votes