4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
Just finished my first play through of current content, and enjoyed it immensely. It's always easy to separate the superior games over the trash ones by the quality of writing. This had me glued to the screen almost from the start.

It will be very interesting to see which direction the story goes.

Reactions: QBaSS

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
I don't mind all the back'n'forth cock-blocking, but man: brother prevents her ( coincidentally) from being raped, he beats the shit out of that douchebag...her reaction: You stay away from Me! I understand her reasoning, but it's way over the top, even for teenagers. It's better he moves on and simply finds someone else.
I would like to see more options in how to respond ( to her), even if purely cosmetic.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I don't mind all the back'n'forth cock-blocking, but man: brother prevents her ( coincidentally) from being raped, he beats the shit out of that douchebag...her reaction: You stay away from Me! I understand her reasoning, but it's way over the top, even for teenagers. It's better he moves on and simply finds someone else.
I would like to see more options in how to respond ( to her), even if purely cosmetic.
Well she did think herself she overreacted and was planning to talk to him and open up, devs for their reasons that are likely story related did not want that talk yet and made him move away before she could. Now I just hope we will not get a too long period of will they or will they not, since basically you know how this story is set up that if Jaye falls in his arms as soon as he gets home that part of the story is over and there is not really much room for other girls. So that is unlikely to happen.

So there will likely be obstacles between them so other female options will get a chance to get involved with MC. For me I just hope that period of the game will be pretty quickly done and we will not be there in that portion of game yet a year from now in real time and will be able to pursue that relation and others if we wish to pretty fast instead of years. :p i also hope so because if Jaye will not be the end price but available much earlier it means devs have a lot more story in store for us as just that relationship starting to become sexual and game is over. :)

Last edited:

QBaSS

Mar 18, 2019
Just finished my first play through of current content, and enjoyed it immensely. It's always easy to separate the superior games over the trash ones by the quality of writing. This had me glued to the screen almost from the start.

It will be very interesting to see which direction the story goes.
This!
You took the words right out of my mouth
I downloaded it by mistake, I thought it was another game(o_O) but man what a lucky mistake.
Sucked me in from the get go
Really had a great time and can't wait for more
(y)

Reactions: Watcher X

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
The easiest way to accept what's happening in the game is to approach it with the mindset that what the characters did wasn't meant to be the right thing to do because simply put, humans are not perfect and can make mistakes. This whole MC and Jaye relationship is based on them being young and therefore making multiple mistakes by not communicating properly.

From Jaye's point of view: MC over-reacted, MC embarrassed her in front of other people (it really isn't easy to announce that you were almost raped by your ex/boyfriend), so in the heat of the moment she snapped at MC. In her mind, she either could handle Christian without MC's help, or MC could find a better time to force himself to get involved. She realized that she overreacted and planned to talk it out with MC the next day. But that next day never come because MC left home.

From MC's point of view: MC couldn't take it anymore once he found the truth about what happened, and that Jaye couldn't handle Christian by herself, so MC felt like he must get involved so in the heat of the moment, he decided to confront Christian without taking into consideration whether that was the right moment or not, and whether that's what Jaye wanted to happen. He knew that one of the things that Jaye hated the most is when MC made a decision for her (like what happened when he avoided her so she didn't get called weird for crushing on the brother when they were little) so when Jaye snapped at him, he took it seriously. He then escalated the issue by making another bad decision by leaving home.

Basically the relationship shown is how two people are in love with each other, but things went horribly wrong because they were young and didn't realize the importance of honest communication so they repeatedly made bad decisions.

When you said it's better for MC to move on and find someone else, you are not necessarily wrong. But the premise of the intro revolves around what happened when the characters made the wrong choices despite being in love with each other. It's not about "MC should've done this or that" to avoid/fix the problem in the past that already happened.

I dont really agree. We have scenes of dates between Sarah and James and their sex scene. Since they both died such details of their relationship are totally irrelevant. Mom and stepdad only were needed to bring MC and Jaye together, what they did between each other has no bearing on the story at all. How it can be more relevant to the story than main characters life?
It's simply the context of the story-telling. MC was telling the story to Walter pretty much in chronological order from start (of how mom and dad met because MC and Jaye having the same birthday) all the way to the end (of MC leaving to travel around). Somewhere in the beginning, there's a part where MC said that it didn't take too long before Sarah and James' relationship becoming serious. The sex scene between them is to show how their relationship had indeed becoming serious, so it's relevant. On the other hand, MC's life during high school is mostly irrelevant because the context of the conversation for the high-school timeline is pretty much strictly about what happened between MC and Jaye. The focus of the intro is not about MC's high school life. It's about what happened with MC and Jaye that they ended up not getting along. That's why it's always about their relationship such as:
1. We started inseparable.
2. I avoided her so she didn't get teased by her friends and so she can make more friends.
3. I read her diary.
4. I found out that she fooled around with Tara, but I wonder if it was me that she really wanted.
5. She always attended my games.
6. Then I saw her with a guy ... I didn't like seeing that. I had a bad feeling about him.
7. She didn't come for the Finals. I went home early to see her, but I saw Christian's car in the driveway instead.
... and so on.

It's always about his relationship with her. So it doesn't fit the narrative if suddenly in the middle there was "I fucked this cheerleader after the game" or "there's this girl who got the hots for me so I went on a date with her".

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
IMPORTANT: SINCE I'M NOW DOING A HAREM MOD FOR THIS I AM NOT GOING TO CONTINUE THIS WT IT WAS SINGLE PATH ANYWAY AND i CAN DO MORE WITH THE MOD. THANKS!

NOTE: THE MOD IS UNDER THIS IN THE OP UNDER "SPOILER MODS" MINE IS "HAREM MOD".

Edit:
Updated to v0.3

You can find this and all my other work here:

Or you can:

Last edited:

Zerek244

Aug 30, 2020
Really wonderful prologue. Shows you how things can go wrong with even the purest of intentions if you dont communicate well enough. I mean, MC did what was correct, he just was like 10(?) years old at the time he did it and didnt properly think it through.

Everything couldve been "corrected" if the MC just had opened Jaye's door before leaving and she would've woken up. The prologue got me really riled up. I had my sportswatch on at the time i played and i confirmed that my heartrate did go up several times while i played it.

Cant wait for more, became a patron right after i played the prologue.

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
From Jaye's point of view: MC over-reacted, MC embarrassed her in front of other people (it really isn't easy to announce that you were almost raped by your ex/boyfriend), so in the heat of the moment she snapped at MC. In her mind, she either could handle Christian without MC's help, or MC could find a better time to force himself to get involved. She realized that she overreacted and planned to talk it out with MC the next day. But that next day never come because MC left home.

From MC's point of view: MC couldn't take it anymore once he found the truth about what happened, and that Jaye couldn't handle Christian by herself, so MC felt like he must get involved so in the heat of the moment, he decided to confront Christian without taking into consideration whether that was the right moment or not, and whether that's what Jaye wanted to happen. He knew that one of the things that Jaye hated the most is when MC made a decision for her (like what happened when he avoided her so she didn't get called weird for crushing on the brother when they were little) so when Jaye snapped at him, he took it seriously. He then escalated the issue by making another bad decision by leaving home.

Basically the relationship shown is how two people are in love with each other, but things went horribly wrong because they were young and didn't realize the importance of honest communication so they repeatedly made bad decisions.
Yeah, I know. Still, it paints her in far less sympathetic light than her brother. Even if he was a bit inconsiderate and made decisions for her, for her own benefit ( as they both saw it): would you rather have someone he'd stand by and do nothing next to someone that could've raped you? Imo, it makes her look petty and childish more than simply too proud.
Also kind of inconsistent behavior on her end: if she was that "hot headed", why on earth would she let that douche show up on her graduation party, few days later? ( I mean, she held a grudge against MC for years because he ignored her for a while...then she changes her mind over a few text messages "Sorry babe, maybe I went a bit too far, promise I won't try to rape you the next time")

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Yeah, I know. Still, it paints her in far less sympathetic light than her brother. Even if he was a bit inconsiderate and made decisions for her, for her own benefit ( as they both saw it): would you rather have someone he'd stand by and do nothing next to someone that could've raped you? Imo, it makes her look petty and childish more than simply too proud.
It's not a competition about which character is better/worse. You are free to feel that it paints Jaye in far less sympathetic light than MC. But that's her character's flaw by design. She is not meant to be perfect. He is not meant to be perfect either. If you feel that Jaye is an asshole, I'm fine with that. I'm assuming that in the future updates, there will be more and more chances for you as the MC to make choices on how you react to her.

What I disagreed with you previously is simply that the game isn't about what the character should've done in the past (when you said MC should just move on and find someone else) because it already happened that MC didn't move on because it's his flaw that he was in love with her despite her flaws.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Impressive start. You could argue that the prologue was a bit long though.
Even though the writing was good and the humour mostly worked, I did find myself skipping a bit here and there.
Not because it was bad, it was just really long.

JLP603

Apr 25, 2019
Game is great so far, I feel the dev is fulfilling his mission statement for making a quality game with good writing! However I have some nitpicks like for example I kinda feel that the models of their children forms are too bobble head like where the head is too large in proportion to their body, but I think that has something to do with Daz's limitations. Also, I feel that the models look a little too young and so the characters act too mature for their own age, like they look like a 10 year old in contrast to them debating about starwars with serious valid arguements. Maybe if their bodies were a little larger to make them look 15 or something then it would fit but anyway still a great game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
wow kick ass story man..... loved it made me all emo... good work
There are a few serious spots in the story, but it will ultimately be a happy one for most players, unless they go out of their way to make it otherwise. There are currently eight ending game states planned.

Reactions: Edrick23

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
Impressive start. You could argue that the prologue was a bit long though.
Even though the writing was good and the humour mostly worked, I did find myself skipping a bit here and there.
Not because it was bad, it was just really long.
Noted. Make updates shorter!

In all seriousnesss we intended to make the prologue even longer to take the the player to the beginning of the path branches, but we saw that would have pushed us to a Christmas delivery.

Reactions: MrFriendly

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Damn, I haven't been this emotionally invested in a v0.1 release is a long, long time. The writing is top notch. It's not often that you see an MC or LI acting the fool, but understand why they are doing it. Believable fuck ups are hard to write in games like these and the devs managed to pull it off several times. What worries me though is that I'm not looking forward to the rough patch Jaye and MC are going to have at first. If the intro was any indication, we'll probably get to see her with at least one other not MC guy before they work through that.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
It's not a competition about which character is better/worse. You are free to feel that it paints Jaye in far less sympathetic light than MC. But that's her character's flaw by design. She is not meant to be perfect. He is not meant to be perfect either. If you feel that Jaye is an asshole, I'm fine with that. I'm assuming that in the future updates, there will be more and more chances for you as the MC to make choices on how you react to her.

What I disagreed with you previously is simply that the game isn't about what the character should've done in the past (when you said MC should just move on and find someone else) because it already happened that MC didn't move on because it's his flaw that he was in love with her despite her flaws.

The devs said they will change their image format to keep future releases smaller
Damn, I haven't been this emotionally invested in a v0.1 release is a long, long time. The writing is top notch. It's not often that you see an MC or LI acting the fool, but understand why they are doing it. Believable fuck ups are hard to write in games like these and the devs managed to pull it off several times. What worries me though is that I'm not looking forward to the rough patch Jaye and MC are going to have at first. If the intro was any indication, we'll probably get to see her with at least one other not MC guy before they work through that.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Without giving any plot spoilers, I’ll just say that you won’t have to suffer through seeing Jaye or any other love interest getting sexed up by another guy. If they end up with someone else because of player choices, they will live their lives normally, possibly with another man, but their intimate relationship will only be implied and not explicitly shown.

Last edited:

Baltofer

Dec 30, 2018
I just played the game and I love it
Anyone know if this game will be updated monthly or gonna be longer time between updates because I can't wait to play again

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes