4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
There may be (most likely) some rollback issues with some or many old saves. The version of RenPy got bumped from 7.4.11 to 8.0.3 and devs that have done this in the past on the same (on going) VN usually create rollback issues since they don't roll the rpyc files correctly and they end up getting rebuilt by R8 which moves the save/load pointers. Just know it's a possible thing.

Still confirming some other details...

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
There may be (most likely) some rollback issues with some or many old saves. The version of RenPy got bumped from 7.4.11 to 8.0.3 and devs that have done this in the past on the same (on going) VN usually create rollback issues since they don't roll the rpyc files correctly and they end up getting rebuilt by R8 which moves the save/load pointers. Just know it's a possible thing.

Still confirming some other details...
not surprising ;)

Reactions: Sancho1969

temp614699b1

Feb 19, 2022
Changelog from Steam:

Stone Fox Studios is proud to present to Steam customers Chapter 7 of our (planned) 10 Chapter story-driven adult visual novel "Chasing Sunsets!"

Chapter 7 adds:

2033 new original renders by Kentyrr
4 new original animations
10 New Songs
7000 Lines of Code/Dialogue
23 Achievements
2 Game Overs

Follow the main character as he navigates the consequences of his day off with his fiery step-sister Jaye in Chapter 6. Chapter 7 focuses on the player's time on Tonalu nearing its end, with reveals aplenty and foreshadowing of the challenges to come upon return to the United States.

We hope you enjoy following the continuing story as much as we enjoyed creating it!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
  • Two new image unlocks: One Erica, one Fiona
  • Four new OEM scenes: "Tactical Retreat" , "Blind Luck" , "The Rematch" , "Spare Change" (no, I won't mention who they are...yet)
  • There's no lewd Lisa content... but there's a Lisa surprise which I won't disclose.
  • I deleted my post about the Discord stuff... I had the scripts ass-backwards. Seems it has actually been removed from all the scripts.
  • VN's automatic saves during play have been moved from Page 9 to Page 99 on new playthroughs.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
wait, it's out on steam but not on patreon? Will it be out soon for the patrons?

I have the steam version but i played the normal version so my save file is not the steam version.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
wait, it's out on steam but not on patreon? Will it be out soon for the patrons?

I have the steam version but i played the normal version.
If you have STEAM why not play it there. No, it's not out yet on Patreon, I would assume very shortly.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
If you have STEAM why not play it there. No, it's not out yet on Patreon, I would assume very shortly.
Just so other folks don't get confused again (like all the other updates) - Saves and persistents are completely different between the versions. I've worked with the dev but due to the way the VN started the code is different for cheevo unlocks (in-game versus Steam) so the system file folder is different along with the persistent file's cheevo index system. It's basically two separate VN's... that's the easiest way to think of the the difference due to the technicals. Just wanted to write this real quick so folks don't get confused again (happens every time tbh).

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes