4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
So Don't have to pay for every new release?
No, almost every one of these releases on Steam is one time purchase. In fact, I've never seen any anyway that are monthly. With this dev I just happen to give some more on Patreon to.

EDIT: on some when it get's a "SEASON 2" then yeah, eg: Lust Theory, Summer With Mia 1-2 (cough returning to mia 2), it's a onetime payment for each season, or if you get lucky a bundle.

I know some in early access the price could change from then to release, but you've already paid for it anyway, so you will get it.

Reactions: Walter Victor

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I've done my best to play through Chapter 7. It seems my... esoteric playstyle has run headlong into a few bugs, so my impressions may be slightly off base. With that borne in mind, I think the Chapter is very strong, but befitting the numerous Star Wars references, it truly does depend on your point of view.

If you play the game as it was clearly expected to be played, it's a gorgeous spectacle filled with charming character moments and inventive asides. But if you wander off the beaten path and explore some of the other options, the game becomes confusing and frustrating; characters feel isolated, plot threads are lost, and the humor feels mistimed. Like butter draped over too little toast, Chasing Sunsets delivers a rich experience but there's never the satisfying crunch to sink my teeth into.

I don't want to get into a long review when it's clear my perspective is well outside the norm, but here are some highlights of both cases.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's my take for the moment, anyway. We'll see if that changes if and when Mallory's path is fixed.

tl;dr A good update that highlights all the strengths of the game, but continues to give short shrift to less popular choices.
I take it you didn't dislike the Mallory + Amanda scene?...I am 'angry' that I seem to be the only one that dislikes how it was setup and written, which is a first for Stone Fox and I played since 0.1. But then again, there aren't that many Mallory main players.

For me Mallory's feelings come out of nowhere, I did not pick up on any signs that she loves Amanda more than a Sister/friend before this very scene. Amanda is lusting over the MC for 2 chapters, but we don't know about romantic feelings, hell we are told that she was lusting after Mallory over the years, but nothing about romantic interests there again...and now comes the cherry on top, there are zero hints that MC likes Amanda sexually, let alone, romantically until he is with his pants around his ankles.

A throuple requires all participants having romantic feelings for each other, doesn't have to be in equal amounts, but they have to exist and to me this setup they went with fails at every level.

On to the Mallory confession and dialog,
if you don't go along, to me that entire scene paints the MC and me the player as the selfish asshole to both girls and the Monogamous relationship, 'If I am enough for you, you are enough for me',imo, it reads like settling instead of the dream scenario, that you would want your players to feel about their endgame relationship, this close to the end of the game.

I would have been perfectly fine with a threesome, as you remember making fun of you about the inevitability of it happening :HideThePain: , but this throuple setup is extremely rushed imo, the seeds should have been planted at the very least 2 updates ago.

Last edited:

platypushperry

Engaged Member
Jul 20, 2022
No, almost every one of these releases on Steam is one time purchase. In fact, I've never seen any anyway that are monthly. With this dev I just happen to give some more on Patreon to.

EDIT: on some when it get's a "SEASON 2" then yeah, eg: Lust Theory, Summer With Mia 1-2 (cough returning to mia 2), it's a onetime payment for each season, or if you get lucky a bundle.

I know some in early access the price could change from then to release, but you've already paid for it anyway, so you will get it.
One more question.If I cancel my membership from Patreon next month ,Can I re subscribe when the next update comes?

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
One more question.If I cancel my membership from Patreon next month ,Can I re subscribe when the next update comes?
Yes, but be careful with Patreon, because the default is it expires at the end of the month, so if you sub on the 31st, you only get one day. It can be changed by the Patreon page owner to be a month from when you subscribed, but not all of them do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: platypushperry

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
You can pretty much do that with any Patreon account, especially if updates are months and months apart. Just make sure you pay attention to the billing as someone said above about dates. Don't forget to cancel to if you are just planning on a one-time thing or in between thing.

I have seen the changelog for v0.8a, besides what's mentioned a page back to replay, if you are happy, you don't need to rush in as I doubt most will see anything new.

rambo2002

Jul 20, 2018
Hello all,

I just tried to continue playing with my old savegame, but I get an error message. Does anyone else have this problem? After unpacking it recognizes all my old saves, but can not continue to play them.

Here is the error message. Maybe someone has an idea

c.mork

Nov 3, 2022

Following release, several bugs were discovered, two of them game-breaking.

For those who have already completed Chapter 7,
we encourage you to play through on this updated version from the end of Chapter 6 before our next release
to ensure all variables are set properly.

While none of these were critical to the central plot, they could result in some incorrect dialogue in future chapters.

Fixed:
  • Fixed coding issue that resulted in poor animation performance during the hotel scene
  • Pathing issue Fixed: If MC rejected Mallory at end of Ch5, it does not end her path, but Ch7 failed to allow the player to continue a physical relationship with her.
  • Two variables were duplicated from Ch6. They are not story-critical for the most part, but a replay is worthwhile to avoid weird dialogue in Ch8 onwards.
  • Fixed erroneous reporting in the Chapter Summary about how the MC handled his chat with Jaye when he returned her phone.
  • Reverted an error in Chapter 2 where a variable was malformed. (Recording if the player hugged Jaye after she arrived on the yacht)
  • Made the trigger for the Erica phone chat in Ch7 more forgiving, and corrected dialogue to accurately reflect MC's behavior up to that point.
  • Lowered the love requirement with Mallory to ask Sophie to replicate Bandit from 34 to 31. This value is achievable without pursuing her romantically.
  • Corrected numerous spelling errors, typos, and flawed grammar.
Outstanding issues:
  • Some players have reported broken saves.
Since there is no new content, I've also offered a patch download.

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018
Dude, how did you manage to miss that ? The answer to your question is given when they all sit around the table, like 2 scenes before this one.

Wait, as far as I understood it
I wonder if the devs keep this whole medical stuff deliberately vague for some reason.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Going purely by math, he/she would be entitled to one third of a half, so one sixth.
That would remain to be seen in court, if the child is not acknowledged he/she just isn't officially a heir. Any claims would really depend on the situation, offspring from sperm donors aren't heirs in case the donor dies, so it would be very hard to make that claim for the offspring of an egg donor, there should be special circumstances i'd imagine... Perhaps the will itself offers some legal claim since it would have been known, but purely based on the laws it's not an easy case.

Reactions: Ilhares

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
That would remain to be seen in court, if the child is not acknowledged he/she just isn't officially a heir. Any claims would really depend on the situation, offspring from sperm donors aren't heirs in case the donor dies, so it would be very hard to make that claim for the offspring of an egg donor, there should be special circumstances i'd imagine... Perhaps the will itself offers some legal claim since it would have been known, but purely based on the laws it's not an easy case.
I don't think Sarah would have let anything get in the way of being in contact one way or the other, so I assume that Mallory's fathers trickery fooled her too. As far as know it needs a licensed clinic for the law of waived inheritance to apply and as I understood it, Sarah's donation was purely for scientific reason as in to supply the genetic material, not to donate eggs for implantation. But unless George has instruction for these very specific cases, general law should apply.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes