Mod Ren'Py Chasing Sunsets [v0.9a non-Steam/v0.9a Steam] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'll save you a seat in Hell. VIP section, of course, by then we'll both be celebrities. ;)
If the whiskey sucks then the devil can piss off... just sayin'. I'm still shooting for the elevator up, I bet there's a wicked wet bar up there... and angel pole dancers.

BTW, I'm close... but not quite ready to announce close:
1683591401647.png

Reactions: TheSidewinder

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, no bullshit... coding should all be done. Guide, Gallery, UI, all of it. Any additional features I have in mind can be push out via maintenance update so as not to prolong the release publicly.

I have the usual code cleanup, compile, bench testing, etc. but see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Remember, the VN was upgraded to RenPy 8, not all of your saves will make it (many of mine didn't) but that's the VN and not the mod. I've done what I can to salvage as much as possible. TBH, a new playthrough wouldn't hurt anyway as there have been some minor changes to previous chapters by the dev team. While corresponding with the team I've incorporated most of the code that will be pushed by the dev's in a pending patch/update. I might not have it all but I have the meat and potatoes so you'll be getting basically v0.8a-Early Release. Thanks to the devs for trusting me with this.

Anyway, it's 2100 hours here now and still work to be done. Tonight.. maybe. If not for sure tomorrow morning (CST). I'm shooting for tonight but still want to grab a bite to eat before passing out.

I'll keep you posted and thanks for hanging in there. If you haven't played the update yet I hope I help make the wait worthwhile... I want to play it also... so I want to get this done.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Okay, no bullshit... coding should all be done. Guide, Gallery, UI, all of it. Any additional features I have in mind can be push out via maintenance update so as not to prolong the release publicly.

I have the usual code cleanup, compile, bench testing, etc. but see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Remember, the VN was upgraded to RenPy 8, not all of your saves will make it (many of mine didn't) but that's the VN and not the mod. I've done what I can to salvage as much as possible. TBH, a new playthrough wouldn't hurt anyway as there have been some minor changes to previous chapters by the dev team. While corresponding with the team I've incorporated most of the code that will be pushed by the dev's in a pending patch/update. I might not have it all but I have the meat and potatoes so you'll be getting basically v0.8a-Early Release. Thanks to the devs for trusting me with this.

Anyway, it's 2100 hours here now and still work to be done. Tonight.. maybe. If not for sure tomorrow morning (CST). I'm shooting for tonight but still want to grab a bite to eat before passing out.

I'll keep you posted and thanks for hanging in there. If you haven't played the update yet I hope I help make the wait worthwhile... I want to play it also... so I want to get this done.
Is that Steam to by chance or will that one need more work? No worries regardless, you know I'm in no rush :coffee:

liberatorus

Jun 12, 2022

I really don't mind a new playthrough for a game like this. For games that mainly focus on the lewd, sure there is not much point in restarting. But for games with a very story/character focused, a refresher is needed because I have forgotten a lot of details.

Jaye is one of my favourite LIs ever, would definitely not mind getting to know her again.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is that Steam to by chance or will that one need more work? No worries regardless, you know I'm in no rush :coffee:
Porting the difference is a matter of minutes. With that said I'll release the non-Steam first since I think dev's might release the patch sometime tomorrow (they're kinda waiting on me to see if I find anything else I reckon). With folks having Steam auto-update I believe this is the best way to go. I'll keep you personally informed bud.

Reactions: SonsOfLiberty

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Porting the difference is a matter of minutes. With that said I'll release the non-Steam first since I think dev's might release the patch sometime tomorrow (they're kinda waiting on me to see if I find anything else I reckon). With folks having Steam auto-update I believe this is the best way to go. I'll keep you personally informed bud.
Umm, I just got a Steam update, 6.8MB, do I need to send you the scripts?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Umm, I just got a Steam update, 6.8MB, do I need to send you the scripts?
Not yet, I think Stoya will push another mini-one as I stated. He and I have been corresponding and he was going to turn in for the evening... likely waiting on if I find anything last minute. That's my guess, so let's let it ride for a bit.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Not yet, I think Stoya will push another mini-one as I stated. He and I have been corresponding and he was going to turn in for the evening... likely waiting on if I find anything last minute. That's my guess, so let's let it ride for a bit.
Alright, well the scripts were definitely updated in it, so didn't know if they went ahead pushed one that would effect anything.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Alright, well the scripts were definitely updated in it, so didn't know if they went ahead pushed one that would effect anything.
That's what I'm saying... my first batch to him he made some fixes but then I found some other minor stuff. You can certainly apply whatever I release to it as whatever might be left is going to be a bit minor and later in the Chapter (I think). I need to ask him to confirm... he would likely have sent me the final if he was going to push it since he knows I'm knee-deep into getting this done. I'll get back with you on it once I hear back from him.

Now, if they made a Steam update post within the last few minutes then that's different but my guess is it's hours old.

Reactions: SonsOfLiberty

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
That's what I'm saying... my first batch to him he made some fixes but then I found some other minor stuff. You can certainly apply whatever I release to it as whatever might be left is going to be a bit minor and later in the Chapter (I think). I need to ask him to confirm... he would likely have sent me the final if he was going to push it since he knows I'm knee-deep into getting this done. I'll get back with you on it once I hear back from him.

Now, if they made a Steam update post within the last few minutes then that's different but my guess is it's hours old.
It is, looks like around 7-8AM EST.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Yep, there's another coming once we're done... he'll get with me after he gets up. I'll write him once I've compiled and tested so I don't cry wolf.
LOL, alright, was just making sure it was not something that was going to derail you last second :coffee:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
LOL, alright, was just making sure it was not something that was going to derail you last second :coffee:
Negative bud, the team and I are on the same page... many messages today with fixes here and there. It's a much more sound product now, I put my name on that. I likely don't have 100% of his final tweaks though... he's about as picky as me.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Negative bud, the team and I are on the same page... many messages today with fixes here and there. It's a much more sound product now, I put my name on that. I likely don't have 100% of his final tweaks though... he's about as picky as me.
Maybe they should send you an advanced copy for the final chapter ;)

That's good to know, the game is one if not the best games I've played (in this adult VN space), you can tell they've put a ton of work into it, one of the many reasons I didn't leak it.

Reactions: Elhemeer

femyo

Feb 2, 2019
Sancho I just want to say, your communication abilities are absolutely perfect. I really appreciate you keeping us informed.

Reactions: SlidingBadger
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes