Mod Ren'Py Chasing Sunsets [v0.9a non-Steam/v0.9a Steam] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I know where they are... the ones I listed don't do anything as they haven't been used yet (other than being changed via a choice, hence I called them Event Variables)... not in any conditional nor in any chapter summary. Currently they are just bloat.
yeah - no doubt you do know ;)

my point was - its showed as true but is false AND it´s used

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
yeah - no doubt you do know ;)

my point was - its showed as true but is false AND it´s used
Well.... no bud. It's False by default and in Ch3 there's a choice menu that can set it to True... but that's it, it's not used for anything yet. When I say "not used" I mean for changing anything (dialogue, scenes, paths, etc). Make sense?

Not sure but I think that's where we are using "used for anything" differently. If you found something it's never been in any of my scripts so please enlighten me as it's invisible on my end.

My original post's point was:
" So, just know that I'll be placing them in the guide but have no fucking clue what they will or won't be used for. "

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, I just had to make a PM reply that was a bit embarrassing... I completely forgot Stoya and I had a PM going from the previous update and I could have been giving him info directly. It shows how tired I am and it's almost midnight here already... too little sleep, too little nourishment, and too much alcohol... I need another nap. Signing off for the night soon. Y'all be well.

lordfassa

Oct 19, 2021
Well, I just had to make a PM reply that was a bit embarrassing... I completely forgot Stoya and I had a PM going from the previous update and I could have been giving him info directly. It shows how tired I am and it's almost midnight here already... too little sleep, too little nourishment, and too much alcohol... I need another nap. Signing off for the night soon. Y'all be well.
You're a legend.

blackbraken

Apr 21, 2023
I wanted to start with chasing sunsets today ... why did they release a new version yesterday... Can't find the download for the old version, now I can't play it with your awesome mod ...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning. Dev team and I have been corresponding a bit. I'll not give up the goat but there is a fix for several things, including some that I wasn't involved in finding or recommending but they have generously given me a heads-up on the plans so I'd know what to look for and could start planning my adaptation. Just know it's a thing... nothing too serious.

Looks like some other VN's updated too overnight (my overnight) as I have so many pings it'll take me a bit to read them all. Now, time for that first cup of coffee...

kikilake12

Jun 1, 2020
you are in my top 3 for best modders on this site
Good morning. Dev team and I have been corresponding a bit. I'll not give up the goat but there is a fix for several things, including some that I wasn't involved in finding or recommending but they have generously given me a heads-up on the plans so I'd know what to look for and could start planning my adaptation. Just know it's a thing... nothing too serious.

Looks like some other VN's updated too overnight (my overnight) as I have so many pings it'll take me a bit to read them all. Now, time for that first cup of coffee...
you are in my top 3 for modders on this site. keep up the good work

Reactions: Sandaru_Wikasitha

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
If the post below you hadn't replied to me I might not have seen your post bud... no ping. Sure, give me a minute as I'm almost done choreographing the MiniStat code in the new update... a few more minutes please. ....
  • Jaye Love num000
  • Jaye Trust num002
  • Mallory Love num001
  • Mallory Trust num003
there's three more for the side LI's.
  • Lisa sub num019
  • Kaili (lust or similar) num021
  • Bianca (lust or similar) num018
Kaili and Bianca's are yet to be determined... but they are good stats.
Boehser Onkel

FYI, I'm changing one that I had as a "misc" tag until more was confirmed but you may want to add:
  • Tanaka (respect or similar, to be determined) num026

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You folks have been graciously patient and I appreciate it sincerely. Know that the dev team and I are still communicating as we both have found minor issues here and there and they want this (as always) to be spot on regarding playthrough and reporting. This process takes time to get right as the relps in this VN are actually more in-depth that might appear at face value. The dev team writes wicked conditionals that actually impress me... and some that take me a bit to sort out tbh.

Joker is a friend of mine but I seriously don't know how he made a WT so quick considering if I hadn't already coded this mod's Guide to be dynamic in it's information, I have no idea how else a walkthrough could be done... I have to check everything the Player has chosen before to present the correct info regarding relps and what pathing issues/non-issues you may be facing. It's as technical as a few other VN's y'all know I mod on that are crazy complex.

I poo-poohed the R8 upgrade of the VN (deservedly imho) but this dev team has my full respect and we communicate well with each other, knowing it's about bringing the best of our ability to the Player's experience.

Enough yammering (you can tell I'm taking a short break)... back to getting my nose to the grindstone.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Make note that the few event vars that are not used (and therefore I don't know yet what to call them definitively) are noted as such in the guide. I believe I had something similar before but the ChoiceGuide has been updated quite a bit so I can't recall at the moment:
1683565897115.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
There will be a new category for Jaye/Mal's Relp stat: "Shaky"
1683575516070.png

This new classification will generally occur when the Player is Open with one LI and Intimate with the other.

I've also color-coded the categories for quick identification. Generally speaking they are:
  • None
  • Friend (FrndZoned/Brother)
  • Open
  • Intimate
  • Shaky
  • Cheated
Mal has two additional categories but I ain't gonna spoil it. I wouldn't do that to you.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You know, updating this dang mod is a helluva lot of work... and I keep adding features to it's Core periodically which makes updating VN's take even longer. But, once in a while while I think in ones and zeros, I have to test and go speedrunning then out of nowhere... BAM!!!

Holy mother of...
1683583621962.png

Then I stop mentally bitching about the pressure I'm under to get product out constantly, grab an adult beverage refill, and get back to work. I hate the hours but I do love making these enhancement products and sharing 'em with you folks.

That said I'm coding the last of the guide... I saved the worst for last, a 100+ line label that I've had discussions with the dev team about. It's going to be a hairy job coding it dynamically but I've a gameplan for success. For now (I might change my mind later) I'm not going to put a last ditch effort CriticalPathing screen where you probably will want it most... so you get the full experience the devs intended. We'll make it easier on ya via a maintenance update later.

After I get that coded I reckon I populate the 4 or 5 scenes into the gallery, start speedrunning to verify all the pathing splits and checking the dynamic choice code... then.. yeah.

I'll shutup and get back to it.

Hazestack1972

TwitFollower
Feb 23, 2023
You know, updating this dang mod is a helluva lot of work... and I keep adding features to it's Core periodically which makes updating VN's take even longer. But, once in a while while I think in ones and zeros, I have to test and go speedrunning then out of nowhere... BAM!!!

Holy mother of...
View attachment 2606448

Then I stop mentally bitching about the pressure I'm under to get product out constantly, grab an adult beverage refill, and get back to work. I hate the hours but I do love making these enhancement products and sharing 'em with you folks.

That said I'm coding the last of the guide... I saved the worst for last, a 100+ line label that I've had discussions with the dev team about. It's going to be a hairy job coding it dynamically but I've a gameplan for success. For now (I might change my mind later) I'm not going to put a last ditch effort CriticalPathing screen where you probably will want it most... so you get the full experience the devs intended. We'll make it easier on ya via a maintenance update later.

After I get that coded I reckon I populate the 4 or 5 scenes into the gallery, start speedrunning to verify all the pathing splits and checking the dynamic choice code... then.. yeah.

I'll shutup and get back to it.
You are doing the Lord's work, Sancho! Bless you!!

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes