Mod Ren'Py Chasing Sunsets [v0.9a non-Steam/v0.9a Steam] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
at start up. clicking the .exe and then it happens.
This might drive me insane... it's the same exact line as in all my other newest core mods, and I can't replicate on my main system and the 3 test towers. Ugh. Apologies while I sort this out. Neither of you had this issue with any other SanchoMod, right?

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
This might drive me insane... it's the same exact line as in all my other newest core mods, and I can't replicate on my main system and the 3 test towers. Ugh. Apologies while I sort this out. Neither of you had this issue with any other SanchoMod, right?
Yes, correct, it's the first time i encounter an error with your mods.

And please no worries, i do appreciate your work and effort you put into the modifikations you produce. I understand that reproducing errors you don't get is kinda annoying AF and digging through hundreds/thousends lines of code is tiring.
Good luck and take your time mate!

I guess something like DXDiag or so, don't help your cause?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hang tight, temp fix... I deleted the damn line. I'll sort it proper in the morning after a scheduled appointment I must attend. The temporary ramifications is that it may not remember your set font size during replays in SanchoGallery (after being set in-game). Give me a couple minutes to recompile.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
First time, I know it surprised it as I had to step away from the computer for a moment, YouTube video ended and was going to load the next one on my FireStick, but thought I would load the game while I'm, then I glanced over, saw the game wasn't open, but notepad was, went to the computer and saw the problem.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Let's give this another shot.
JenMistress WICKEDp4th
Let me know if that fires up please. If it does I'm going to get a few hours of sleep, have commitments tomorrow I can't ditch.
I'll play around with it more later, this game, if I remember right from the last update, took me several days to get through, so plenty of time for playing around on here, but booted up OK, and made it to the first choice OK, so then so far, so good here. Thank you for this, and I will be sure to let you know if I have any problems down the road.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you for the info. I'm really tired. I'm going to crash for a bit. If there's any issue just post them with as much concise info as possible and I'll check them and do my best to fix before I have my first meeting.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
JenMistress WICKEDp4th Thank you both for the prompt issue report last night and for sticking by while a resolution was found. I've corrected the issue proper this morning but will wait to update the OP for any additional tweaks later this evening. The hotfix won't be much you'll notice since the OEM text size and SanchoMod's text size defaults are within respectable margins, so it's really extremely minor during replays. Appreciate you both.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good evening. Just a little FYI. I'm mostly satisfied with the dynamic ChoiceGuide (it's a bitch of a VN to code for considering how the variables are written) but I didn't have the proper time yesterday to write all the code I intended in my initial workplan. I'll be posting another update to this at some point which will flag via the SanchoNofication (the bouncy banner at the top left you've seen before with little info snippets) the scene splits so you'll know when a certain route has a branching of what you're about to see due to previous choices.

I'll elaborate a bit (ok, more than a bit) so you fully understand where I'm coming from. You see most devs split the scenes you see almost directly as soon as you make a choice (menu choices) which is why sometimes those other mods with the "green highlight is good" can kind of work. With this VN there is a ton of content that is scene by the player well after a previous choice is made (which I completely respect and is actually my preferred method) which StoneFox pulls off rather well. If you've played VN's such as "Leap Of Faith" as an example then you get the jest of it quickly.

Because during normal playthrough the player doesn't necessarily know when these branches occur (which is the sign of proper scene management by a dev tbh) I like to make small flag notifications periodically to alert the player of the circumstance. These notifications are tied to the ChoiceGuide toggle button so if you have ChoiceGuide turned OFF then the notifications don't appear and vice-versa. This gives the player full control of minor spoiler or spoiler-free play.

Long story short I didn't have time to place these notifications yesterday due to time constraints of getting a product out in your hands in a timely manner but that doesn't mean I stop work. Some of y'all know I'm always updating these works behind the scenes and once I make substantial improvement I push them out publicly, this is no exception to that.

Sorry for the wall of text over what is essentially something the player sees as a minor and quick in-game information banner but I thought I'd explain it in more detail as every single thing you see in the mod is taken into consideration before deployment... hopefully to the betterment of your experience.

With that have a great evening, a safe weekend, and be well. Kindest regards as always.

Iron-Beagle

Jul 13, 2017
Hi Sancho, is the latest version compatible with Steam achievements as yet?
Cheers.
- EDIT - never mind, I am assuming that an "0.6s" version will be visible once it's compatible with Steam. Thanks for your hard work!

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi Sancho, is the latest version compatible with Steam achievements as yet?
Cheers.
- EDIT - never mind, I am assuming that an "0.6s" version will be visible once it's compatible with Steam. Thanks for your hard work!
The mod will work BUT the VN won't be flagged as being the steam version and will also NOT trigger the steam api correctly (so cheevos won't be flagged).

Last edited:
Reactions: Iron-Beagle

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote:

Steam/Non-Steam compatible version update coming soon. Please be patient during the porting and testing process. Once it's passed integrity testing by both myself and outside sources then I'll distribute publicly. This will have minor bug fixes as well as insure steam compatibility. It also will include the latest grammatical and code fixes pushed by the dev.

Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Got wind that there's a v0.6a version with bug fixes and/or corrections. My initial hunch is that it is the Steam version fixes but will need to be verified (fuck I hope I don't have to rework the Steam version before I even get it pushed out publicly already). I'll keep you posted on what's what. Regards.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Just thought I would stop by and say, since that one problem you fixed a few days, I got caught up with the Dev on this game, and no other problems came my way. Again, thank you for this mod, and for the fix you did for it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Update Notice

v0.6a (Steam) is now available in the OP.
Use this only if installed on that platform.
There's a new note in the FAQ (second post in this thread) regarding the two installation differences if your wondering why.

Regards.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes