5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Dickhead xD

.... Get it? Eh..? :D
Yep, and now I know you got my joke too. "mushroom". Time for another whiskey.

BTW, I've got the Tanaka dynamic sorted (it's likely the oddest choice set in this chapter) so hopefully everything else will be elementary.

• Love
Reactions: NyVar

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks again in advance for the patience. It's important to me to get this VN as right as possible the first time. It's a current favorite so it gets the extra spit shine treatment to the best of my mediocre ability. I'm still at it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
FYI: You're going to feel I'm overboard a bit on the SanchoAlerts to recommend save points... but there's a reason for each imho. One of them I can't figure out a proper way for you to see both later due to the choice. I know that's cryptic but just know that there are reasons I put the recommendations in each mod I offer you folks regardless of the VN... either there's a serious split that you'll likely want to revisit later OR I just don't know yet what's going to happen due to the VN needing future updates to know WTF is up. I'm trying to keep these notices to a minimum but thought I'd elaborate a bit now since it feels like I've put an abnormal amount of them in a single chapter (5 of them currently).

Here's but one example (and another crayon box explosion):
1667013126488.png

Last edited:

NyVar

May 23, 2020
FYI: You're going to feel I'm overboard a bit on the SanchoAlerts to recommend save points... but there's a reason for each imho. One of them I can't figure out a proper way for you to see both later due to the choice. I know that's cryptic but just know that there are reasons I put the recommendations in each mod I offer you folks regardless of the VN... either there's a serious split that you'll likely want to revisit later OR I just don't know yet what's going to happen due to the VN needing future updates to know WTF is up. I'm trying to keep these notices to a minimum but thought I'd elaborate a bit now since it feels like I've put an abnormal amount of them in a single chapter (5 of them currently).
Personally, I stand by my previous statement - The more info the better :) And it's not like those notifications is an eyesore. It's done tactfully and clean. And other than paths/achievs there's no "spoilers" anyway. Spoilers being said loosely, considering if one wants to be surprised, one wouldn't need a WT in the first place. Highly doubt i speak only for myself in this case :)

Reactions: proximus

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Personally, I stand by my previous statement - The more info the better :) And it's not like those notifications is an eyesore. It's done tactfully and clean. And other than paths/achievs there's no "spoilers" anyway. Spoilers being said loosely, considering if one wants to be surprised, one wouldn't need a WT in the first place. Highly doubt i speak only for myself in this case :)
I appreciate that. I sincerely try to be informative with the ChoiceGuide but also leave it a bit "vague" to make the player want to see other outcomes out of more curiosity. I have no idea most of the time if it's effective or not but (for me) it makes me want to explore... to get everything I can out of a VN I'm personally enjoying. But... everyone's different so I get it... sucks for folks who don't care about my guides waiting on updates but I have to do it at this point... most expect the non-biased approach I'm trying to code in I reckon. Blah, blah, I'm rambling. Gotta get back to work... and get another drink of course. Regards.

Reactions: Riis

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
BTW, you folks know I code in all those choice buttons you don't normally see when you don't meat criteria in a specific playthough, right? It's a bitch to do all the time but it insures you always know what COULD have been available and what it would take to make it happen. That's how a guide should work imho. It should tell you all the basic data so you're not left guessing and know you're on track, otherwise turn the the guide off... it's there for answers when needed.

Also, know you can leave the MiniStat on all the time, I do my best to remove it during things like lewd scenes, phone usage, chapter recaps, etc. so you don't have to manually do it on your own. It's another thing that takes extra time to code correctly and unobtrusively. Anyway, I'm back to it.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
... sucks for folks who don't care about my guides waiting on updates but I have to do it at this point...
If someone doesn't care about the extra effort you're putting in, not sure why they'd be using your mod. I know I'm happy to wait (Well, maybe HAPPY isn't the right word, but ...)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm obviously getting closer every minute folks. It's 2330 hours here currently but I'm persisting through it. Still speedrunning and refining small issues. It'll be tight on getting it out before I usually start to fade around 0200 hours but I'll do my best without sacrificing quality (considering whatever quality I can bring).

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
I'm obviously getting closer every minute folks. It's 2330 hours here currently but I'm persisting through it. Still speedrunning and refining small issues. It'll be tight on getting it out before I usually start to fade around 0200 hours but I'll do my best without sacrificing quality (considering whatever quality I can bring).
Chill mr! Your aspect on quality is a well known fact and an honorable one.
Soon the demands from this end of the big puddle will start flooding as we're just starting to wake up!
Take your time and do your usual excellent!

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Still on it, huh?! I guess rest is for the wicked.

Love your dedication! (y)

cshared92

Dec 10, 2021
Hey Sancho1969, Thanks for your hard work! Quick question: I tried the Save Fixer and still couldn't load without an 'un-ignorable' error.

I tried a clean install and got the same error. I'll try to upload the traceback... I'm new to commenting here :/
I don't want to delay the ultimate fix of course, but maybe someone can spot the problem.

Sorry if this is pure user error, excited for the imminent mod release, and godspeed.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho1969, Thanks for your hard work! Quick question: I tried the Save Fixer and still couldn't load without an 'un-ignorable' error.

I tried a clean install and got the same error. I'll try to upload the traceback... I'm new to commenting here :/
I don't want to delay the ultimate fix of course, but maybe someone can spot the problem.

Sorry if this is pure user error, excited for the imminent mod release, and godspeed.
I see. That has nothing to do with the mod (that particular error). You are loading a very old save that had the "music player" before the dev removed it from the game. I helped another player to resolve that issue with trying to load old saves here. Note that instructions for your case are different than his. For you omit step 1 (this was for a custom file I had him try and doesn't apply in this case).

Because the save you are loading is so old it is highly recommended you start from a new game but the mentioned post will resolve your issue if you don't wish to head that advice. Regards.

P.S. Remember to delete the "SaveFixer" file if you later install the updated mod. They don't play all that well with each other.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes