• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - Chasing Sunsets [v0.9a] [Stone Fox Studios]

1. 5.00 star(s)

sigalchris

Play the demo! Seriously, I rarely check out first releases, but this one simply blew me away. The characters are interesting and individual. The storyline is fantastic. I also never support first releases, but this one I will be supporting.

Good:
    Story
    Characters
    graphics

Most minor of nitpicks would be on the animations as they lack the polish of what I am sure will come in the future.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Alex3557

The Prologue visits the MC's past and how his family came together, and ends with the news of his parents' passing. This initial offering is fairly long - I really enjoyed it; however, it could have been the basis for its own VN - but that is probably due to the need to create a believable back story that would peak interest for future chapters / episodes.
    The story and the characters are well-crafted - the dialogue and thoughts of the characters are easy to follow and put you right there. The renderings and art concepts are overall extremely well done. (CS is not one of the those VNs that are supposed to take place in the USA, but doesn't come off well because the dialogue is wrong or the locations don't make sense.)
    The story has a strong beginning and I am looking forward to future updates!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Synnerai

High quality, high production. Story has depth, makes sense, is well structured, well paced. Characters have a lot to them, they were built up well, their growth was clear, their dialogues were fun to read. I haven't skip anything, it was engaging and it wasn't as predictable as I thought it would. I really had fun and the most importantly I got invested into it.

It's really great. Max score.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

kingmisra

The game is brilliant. The story is very well written, the renders are very clean, a very good amount of content too on the first release would recommend it. There are very few games that would have been a better first release than this game
  5. 5.00 star(s)

inferno1977

Story is fantastic, this game is really in my top 5. This asks for more. Start is not too short. Music is good enough to set the mood to continue playing. You immediately feel emotionally involved with the main character.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

SemiAdroit1

I am gobsmacked by the superb quality and attention to detail in this visual novel. The emotional hooks put down by the writer of this incredible story are well placed and cleverly constructed. I cannot remember being this engaged by a VN in quite some time. My congratulations and thanks to the author, artists, and development team for this fine production.
    • Story - excellent. Well crafted, intricate, not obvious, but not artificially complex. Emotions are real and believable.
    • Artwork - excellent. Artist has a great eye for dramatic posing, facial expressions, setting, mood, and lighting
    • Characters - excellent. Very likable, realistic, and compelling.
    • Animation - very good. I am splitting hairs here, but some animation is a bit choppy. During one sex scene, for example, only a tiny portion of the vulva is moving, the rest of the girl's body is frozen. I do realize the incredible effort it takes to recreate human movement faithfully, so this is a very minor point.
    This is a thinking person's story, but not at all boring or pretentious. Prepare to be amazed. I certainly was.

Headed to Patreon now to pay my respects and become a supporter.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Bernadettén

What an incredibly work of render, this developer did an amazing job on the first release on 0.1 and this only just getting started.

- Storyline are is good.
    - Render quality is on point.
    - Characters look amazing.

I'm still on my path, playing it and I don't wanna spoil anything right now. I'll be reviewing again.
    The writing so far is solid, as far given the current amount of content right now and looking forward to this VN.

Good job and props to the developer. (y)
  8. 4.00 star(s)

oysterkeeper

Decent start, story feels somewhat realistic and there is a good amount of emotion evident through the text. The game makes you feel for the characters and people are more than just pretty faces.

For a first release, the game is pretty impressive. It's not perfect, some renders are not as clean as top tier games and the animations were pretty underwhelming. The dialogue is pretty good although I'd say it's overwritten. The story could have easily been condensed in far less words while still offering the same impact.

Anyways, the game isn't a 5 star one just yet but given some love and some time it definitely can be. Try this one.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Armysolo

For being it's first release this game has serious potential. Great renders and even a few animations. Only thing I didn't like was the text seemed pretty small. I can't wait to see where this game ends up.