4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Justaphase

May 1, 2024
Chasing Sunsets Ch9 - Close but no banana!

An hour ago

Judgy Mallory is Judgy. Why, you ask?

Soooo...Here we are on August 1, or one day after the targeted release from our last update.

I wanted to post a quick note to share where we're at.

As you can probably guess, a few issues have conspired to cost us time.
The first is that we felt one scene delivered less impact than preceding scene, where we should have seen some escalation. As such, we expanded it.
The second is that we've been fighting some issues in our shared DAZ library with morph persistence. In short, Kent typically poses scenes, and I render them. The problem was that when I rendered them, we began seeing inaccuracies in posing that didn't make sense, requiring extensive rework.
The third is that when we viewed all of the artwork in context, we found a few scenes where cameras had mysteriously shifted and the art needed to be re-rendered.
As of now, we believe those problems have been solved.
So, where does that leave us?
  • Art: 98% (Some rework and one animation pending)
  • Script: 100%
  • Sound/Music: 65%
  • Unlockables: 33%
While that looks scary, it's really just a week or so of catch-up if all goes well. We'll keep plugging away and let you know if we hit any more complications. Please know Kent and I are burning the midnight oil to put a ribbon on this thing and get it shipped!
We'll post an update one week from today for the sake of transparency.
I'm sorry we missed our target, but happy I set it for July 31, since it really motivated us to churn out a ton of work trying to achieve it.
If you have any questions, I'll return to this post at least once a day until the next update to answer them the best I can.
As always, thanks for bearing with us, and we look forward to reporting good news soon.
This is also the post where I remind folks that if they don't want their Patron/Discord name to be included in the closing credits, to send me a DM here or in Discord to be excluded.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Which is harder making a VN or hitting dates oh well another week or 2 won't kill anyone
Given the increased quality of Chasing Sunsets over time, I'm glad that they caught the problems and are so close to fixing them, versus taking a big step back in terms of quality.

Committing to respond to questions/comments on Patreon/SS as well as providing another dev update in 1 week is also nice.

I'm looking forward to this next update!

There are a number of other devs I support who are also delivering in August so this will be an AVN feast month for me!

Add in (for those who enjoy college football more than the NFL like I do) college football starting up at the end of the month and life is Good!!

Cheers!! :coffee:

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes