ozzielegend

Aug 14, 2016
Absolutely based.

How do you actually go about translating this? These are some of my favourite gamers and I wonder if I could try to use some LLM's to make it a bit better.

Last edited:

Poiseworks

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2017
Absolutely based.

How do you actually go about translating this? These are some of my favourite gamers and I wonder if I could try to use some LLM's to make it a bit better.
Thankfully, 'Translator ++' included a support for LiveMaker games, now its quite easy to translate them

Before that, the only way to do it was to manually extract the text with python, translate the documents in a way that didn't broke anything then inject the text back into the files. Thats how half of those games got machine translated. Good times

ozzielegend

Aug 14, 2016
Thankfully, 'Translator ++' included a support for LiveMaker games, now its quite easy to translate them

Before that, the only way to do it was to manually extract the text with python, translate the documents in a way that didn't broke anything then inject the text back into the files. Thats how half of those games got machine translated. Good times

Damn that sounds horrible. So with Translator++, it automatically repacks the files? Or just automates getting the text out of it, you rewrite a file and repack it?

Mainly wondering about the extraction/repacking method for the game if I wanted to try using LLM translators.

Poiseworks

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2017
Damn that sounds horrible. So with Translator++, it automatically repacks the files? Or just automates getting the text out of it, you rewrite a file and repack it?

Mainly wondering about the extraction/repacking method for the game if I wanted to try using LLM translators.
It does absolutely everything. Here is a 5 minutes tutorial for livemaker games specifially:

Reactions: ozzielegend

satou123

May 24, 2020
Thanks for the collection. I'm also a big fan of 4H games, your collection even bigger than mine, I couldn't find the 10th year collection anywhere.
My collection has MTL versions of some games that use ChatGPT-4o-mini, with slight edits made by myself. You can check them here and use them if you like: My Translation Project

Poiseworks

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2017
Magical Exhibitionist College Girl Christhea and Triad Lilytear are up, they were missing before

The order of play of the magical girl series are:

13 Minutes Magical Girl Lovely Lily > 7 Minutes Magical Girl Lunaly Lily > Magical Exhibitionist College Girl Christhea > Triad Lilytear

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote