May 23, 2019

Overview:
Unlock photos, scenes and change scores
This mod will add a "CHEATS" button to the bottom right of the screen​

Updated: 19-06-2019
Game/Creator: City of Broken Dreamers /
Modder: 0x52
Mod Version: 1.1
Game Version: Universal (should work on all versions) (tested on 0.2.2 and 0.3.1)
The cheatmod doesn't modify any of the game's code and is written to automatically detect bonus photos and scenes.
So if a new version of the game is released. The cheatmod should automatically detect new bonus photos and scenes and will be able to unlock them.

Features:
  • Change scores
  • Unlock all photos
  • Unlock scenes
    • NOTE: Unlocking a scene will trigger a replay of the scene. This is necessary to unlock it. If you want you can immediately end the replay. The scene will then be available in the "Scene gallery"

Installation:
Extract the file "0x52_cheats.rpyc" into the "game" folder, and start the game

(No need to overwrite anything. No game files have been modified)

NOTE: If you want to use this cheatmod with scrappy's wallthrough mod you should remove his file "CheatMod.rpy" from the "game" folder

Change-Log:
  • 1.1 (19-06-2019)
    • Created automatic scene detection (wasn't possible before chapter 3 (version 0.3)). So you'll be immediately able to unlock scenes if a new version of the game is released
    • Added a notification before unlocking a scene
    • Locked scenes are now showing up as thumbnails instead of buttons
  • 1.0.1 (30-05-2019)
    • Rewrote the photo unlock option, so it can automatically find locked photos. This means you'll immediately be able to unlock new photos if a new version of the game is released (without having to wait for an updated cheatmod)
  • 1.0: First release

Unfortunately scrappy was developing his mod at the same time. But I decided to release it anyway, since there are a few differences:
  • His mod includes a walkthrough (see "Installation" above if you want to combine this with my mod)
  • His mod is game version dependent (mainly because of the walkthrough)

Please leave a like if you appreciate my work or .

Screenshots:
1560969332012.png

Attachments

Last edited:

0x52

May 23, 2019
Small update.

I rewrote the photo unlock option, so it can automatically find locked photos.
This means you'll immediately be able to unlock new photos if a new version of the game is released (without having to wait for an updated cheatmod)

Reactions: Canto Forte

0x52

May 23, 2019
Updated the mod to add Chapter 3 scenes.
(Photo unlocking was still working (as expected))

See post below

Last edited:

0x52

May 23, 2019
Forget about my previous post. I was able to create automatic locked scenes detection for future versions of the game.

I was able to do this because the scene variables are more consistent in chapter 3 (version 0.3). If it stays this way, this mod will automatically able to unlock photos and scenes on future version of the game.