Cheat Mod Ren'Py City of Broken Dreamers Cheatmod [Universal]

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
For some reason the mod doesn't unlock scenes in the gallery. The only scenes that are unlocked are the ones i've played and yeah the mod is installed correctly.

Reactions: doe50818

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
For some reason the mod doesn't unlock scenes in the gallery. The only scenes that are unlocked are the ones i've played and yeah the mod is installed correctly.
Did you open the mod ("cheats" button at the right bottom) and press the "unlock all scenes" button? What did is say after clicking the button?

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Did you open the mod ("cheats" button at the right bottom) and press the "unlock all scenes" button? What did is say after clicking the button?
I did and it says that all scenes are unlocked but for some reason they weren't.

Edit: I've installed CoBD again and put your mod into the folder and then started a new game, then i had the option to first unlock 8 scenes and then after that i could unlock 4 more. Seems you are only able to unlock the first ones at the beginning of a new game or maybe even cheating stats has something to do with that because i had to start a new game, thanks to new pc, and played around with the stats in the beginning before i tried to unlock the gallery, so maybe that interferes.

Last edited:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I did and it says that all scenes are unlocked but for some reason they weren't.

Edit: I've installed CoBD again and put your mod into the folder and then started a new game, then i had the option to first unlock 8 scenes and then after that i could unlock 4 more. Seems you are only able to unlock the first ones at the beginning of a new game or maybe even cheating stats has something to do with that because i had to start a new game, thanks to new pc, and played around with the stats in the beginning before i tried to unlock the gallery, so maybe that interferes.
Having same issue it says new scenes unlocked but they are not in scene gallery.
I'm working on a huge rewrite of this mod that should address this issue.

This was my first Ren'Py mod and there's still a lot of old code in there, that I can do better now :)
In this process it will get a redesign and some additional features.

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020
Anxiously waiting for the fix! Somehow five scenes are locked in my game even though I remember playing through them. Hell, I have had one scene in the most recent update not unlock, even after playing through it, getting the points for it, and the character even used my nick name in a subsequent scene that I picked for myself mid-sex (and I've had absolutely no mods installed to mess things up)... and the scene still didn't unlock.

So your mod is a godsend!

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
I'm working on a huge rewrite of this mod that should address this issue.

This was my first Ren'Py mod and there's still a lot of old code in there, that I can do better now :)
In this process it will get a redesign and some additional features.
Just to be clear, i didn't blame you, i just wanted you to know that this happens for some reason. ;)

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Huge mod rewrite is done!
We're now on version 3.0 of the mod, still compatible will older game version.

These are the changes:
  • Huge rewrite of the mod + re-design
  • Option to re-lock all photos
  • Option to re-lock all scenes
  • Option to play, lock and re-lock individual scenes
  • Option to show, lock and re-lock individual photos
  • Automatically detecting scores for new characters
screenshot0002.png (see OP for more screenshots)

theoffkilter doe50818 Carpe Stultus

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Doesn't look like this changes MC's depravity score, unless I'm blind?..
You're not blind, but if you grab the latest version of the mod you'll be able to find it on the "scores" tab ;)
If you were blind, I would be very curious about why you would play this game :unsure:

Reactions: gragos

Finisher69

Feb 22, 2020
I don't see any cheat option on the bottom right. I downloaded the compressed version of the v1.11 release.
I checked the log.txt file. It shows:
```
0x52: Mod loaded from archive
```
any ideas why it is not working?

Finisher69

Feb 22, 2020
I don't see any cheat option on the bottom right. I downloaded the compressed version of the v1.11 release.
I checked the log.txt file. It shows:
```
0x52: Mod loaded from archive
```
any ideas why it is not working?
It works fine :)
I thought the CHEATS option will be present on the Main menu but it is shown when you are playing the game.

Normdk

Jul 27, 2020
Greetings 0x52

Thank you so much for the mod + your universal 0x52 mod - which I enjoy with more or less every Ren'py game I try.

In regards to the multiple versions of a scene, are there a way to unlock the full scene via this mod? or via your universal mod?
-- See the last line, nr 2 and 3, they only show 1 out of 3 correction marks.

I used Scrappy's mod to unlock scenes previously, but if your mod can grab and unlock it all then soo much better :-D

Have a great day.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.