5.00 star(s) 4 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
A little preview from philly discord people over there picked a number from 1 to 60 and this was the 5th render here you go:

ch1dinner5.jpg

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Have you been over to Patreon to support Philly? Every dollar you drop there goes straight to assets or hardware. This is some of what your investment can yield...

Unlocked
Just something for fun
Not in the game. Just wanted to do something up for a change of pace after I finished a big scene.
Enjoy!

Hadgar

Jun 2, 2017
Have you been over to Patreon to support Philly? Every dollar you drop there goes straight to assets or hardware. This is some of what your investment can yield...

Unlocked
Just something for fun
Not in the game. Just wanted to do something up for a change of pace after I finished a big scene.
Enjoy!
ef185f1372ccd0dc608bd278fbfb7b79.jpg

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017

Unlocked
Just something for fun
Enjoy!
I can't figure this one out. It looks like a toon shader from the neck up, but your normal photorealistic shader below that. Philly being Philly, it's probably just Photoshop. It looks really a close to the look I've tried to get but never really come close to. A little too much detail with the skin, but the hair is exactly what I've tried and failed to get several times.

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Almost a straight up render. Just color grade and sharpening in post. Not sure if the toon bit was a dig or not lol. As for the hair she has a special shader on right now that i will only use for special shots because it quadruples the render time but its allowing more light to pass through with its medium options. There is also a very intense hair light at the back of her head as well as a normal rim light to highlight the goods in behind.

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
Not sure if the toon bit was a dig or not lol.
Oh no, no - not at all. You see how with her neck and face, especially on the bridge of the nose, it looks outlined in black? That's what every toon shader for Daz offers. It's also why I mentioned too much skin detail, as those toon shaders wash detail out.

The rest of her body looks photorealistic, but when I saw the head, I was just like, "Oh, that's what I've wanted my whole life!"

Is that hair shader just super jelly translucency and doing a scatter/transmit? Hell, I don't even know if the terms carry over to Octane, so I should probably shut up.

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
naw u are about right. Octane has a deal called medium. Works essentially the same way. There is also transmission settings as well which work essentially the same as daz. Having all that light pass through though is just outright brutal on render times. Go from 20 minutes to an hour+ for that one since it was 4k that was about a 2.5 hour render.

Reactions: quinfax

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
Almost a straight up render. Just color grade and sharpening in post. Not sure if the toon bit was a dig or not lol. As for the hair she has a special shader on right now that i will only use for special shots because it quadruples the render time but its allowing more light to pass through with its medium options. There is also a very intense hair light at the back of her head as well as a normal rim light to highlight the goods in behind.
Oh no, no - not at all. You see how with her neck and face, especially on the bridge of the nose, it looks outlined in black? That's what every toon shader for Daz offers. It's also why I mentioned too much skin detail, as those toon shaders wash detail out.

The rest of her body looks photorealistic, but when I saw the head, I was just like, "Oh, that's what I've wanted my whole life!"

Is that hair shader just super jelly translucency and doing a scatter/transmit? Hell, I don't even know if the terms carry over to Octane, so I should probably shut up.
naw u are about right. Octane has a deal called medium. Works essentially the same way. There is also transmission settings as well which work essentially the same as daz. Having all that light pass through though is just outright brutal on render times. Go from 20 minutes to an hour+ for that one since it was 4k that was about a 2.5 hour render.
Oh btw 2.5 hours for about 25K iterations as well.
Are you two even speaking English?

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
Does it have a pass length limiter like Daz, so you don't get 50,000 rays flying around? I suppose limiting it would kill the effect, though.

Oh btw 2.5 hours for about 25K iterations as well.
I hate you. And Octane.

Are you two even speaking English?
I'm just trying to get on Philly's good side so he puts another Korean girl in the new game.

Reactions: DrFog

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Octane you can the max samples for specific lights or spec or diffuse in general. These can greatly change render times but also quality.

Reactions: rodneyeatme
Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes