MissSonicBoom

Feb 2, 2018
Even though it's early I figured I'd check this out, right off the bat the thing I notice though is the animations, the animations where still images would honestly work just as well, this isn't like interactions between characters or anything, it's like, you're in the apartment, camera pans up and Katie turns to look towards the MC, that's the animation, I mean yeah the visuals are really nice and all but, what did that add? I can't imagine the time it took to render couldn't have been better spent on a few stills.

I don't mean to come off as aggressive with this post by the way, I apologise if I have done, I just find this choice strange really, increasing the amount of time you spend rendering and working on the game, to not really add much to it.

zNitpicker

This Place Needs A Thanos Snap
Donor
Dec 28, 2018
Even though it's early I figured I'd check this out, right off the bat the thing I notice though is the animations, the animations where still images would honestly work just as well, this isn't like interactions between characters or anything, it's like, you're in the apartment, camera pans up and Katie turns to look towards the MC, that's the animation, I mean yeah the visuals are really nice and all but, what did that add? I can't imagine the time it took to render couldn't have been better spent on a few stills.

I don't mean to come off as aggressive with this post by the way, I apologise if I have done, I just find this choice strange really, increasing the amount of time you spend rendering and working on the game, to not really add much to it.
Dafuq m8. It’s great the Philly added them. Animations aren’t just for sex scenes. Doing these small little animations give life to characters and makes the game more realistic and not boring looking at still images all the time. It gives variety and shows that he puts effort into the game.

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018

Disagree. Pan up/occasional animations help with immersion into the game....IMHO

Reactions: Eerie Entity

BIgJace0813

Feb 28, 2019
Dafuq m8. It’s great the Philly added them. Animations aren’t just for sex scenes. Doing these small little animations give life to characters and makes the game more realistic and not boring looking at still images all the time. It gives variety and shows that he puts effort into the game.
I agree. The animations bring a little more life to the game. And with a lot of other games out there you don't see that attention to detail. You know...the little things.

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Those shots don't take that much time to setup or render. I set it up go to sleep and its done in the morning. I got plenty more lined up and also done :O . They are to replace the still pan shots i was doing before that I got the idea originally from @Lewdlab . I just decided to up the game a bit this time.

Honestly if i don't start seeing those shots in games from this point on i would be mystified. I hope it becomes known as the Phillyshot. Then I will think i'm some big hot shot then realize I have to go back to my boring day job and get yelled at because i just sit there and think "Man, I made the Phillyshot." Then i will tell the guys at work, "hey dude i made the Philly shot." Then they look at me like I'm crazy. Which i probably am.

4.80 star(s) 393 Votes