Ren'Py - Abandoned - Club 53 [v0.05-1] [Magicahen]

1. 4.00 star(s)

vforvlad

It's a shame that this game is abandoned as I believe it had great potential, so my rating is based on the concept and gameplay, rather than content.
    As a management simulator, this game had the right idea about how to manage a bar and gradually turn it into a brothel. The gameplay mechanics are smooth and I found myself wanting to complete the game despite the obvious lack of content or story. More games should adopt these gameplay mechanics and polish.
    Despite only two of the girls having any scenes beyond introductions, the renders were great and I enjoyed the gradual escalation of relationships.
    This game left me wanting more and I would really like to see more titles like it.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Squidbit

Reviewing just because I seriously disagree with the other reviews for the most part.

Pros:

The renders look good, and the animation quality is good

Cons:

The resources you have mean almost nothing. You need money to upgrade the club, but there's no penalty for running out of money. Your reputation also doesn't mean anything unless it's at either the far left or far right, both of which are bad and mean you'll be losing all your money at the end of the week.

The gameplay itself is boring as hell. It's the same loop every week, pick one thing to help you progress, then click "next day" 5 times, repeat. You get occasional choices to make during the week, but they're only a +/- some resource, which again is mostly meaningless.

The management aspect is super tedious. I don't mind grind, but in this game you have 1 energy per week to spend, and doing anything except for shopping uses your energy. After that you go through the week in the club before you get your energy point back.
    After you have the club built up, that kind of works because there's no more content (abandoned game, so obviously) to spend energy on.

Upgrading the girls uses a system that could be really cool, but in the end it just boils down to gaining a random amount of progress, but you have to click the "persuade" button a bunch before you find out what that progress ends up being. You have very little control over the minigame, aside from the wisdom cards which are rarely impactful anyway.

The animations are good, but there's exactly 2 sex animations in the normal gameplay. One for handjobs, one for sex. All 4 girls use the same animations and it essentially just cuts and pastes their faces onto them

Personal taste:

The 'story' is pretty rapey, but presented in a way where I feel like the author might not even realize it. It's essentially the main character meeting two old friends who are down on their luck, persuading them to join the club, then persuading them to do more sexual jobs. This ends up as the girls telling him they don't want to fuck and that they want to stop, but the MC forces himself on them anyway and they end up going along with it.

If you're into that, have fun. If you're not, move on because that's all there is. 1 story handjob/blowjob scene for each of the two story girls, and 1 story sex scene each

The content comes slow. I played for 2 hours to get 3 of the girls to max level, but it was probably 1 hour before I got the first girl to max which is the first sex scene

Overall it could be a great game with just a little more work put into it, but considering it's already got an abandoned tag as I'm writing this review, there's no reason to expect that
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Ssnake2

Finally a club/brothel sim in modern technology with low ressource for turn , the animation are good, the four first girl was hot. The game is a good start and i hope we are more room/girl/event in the future.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

aghost

this game is so fun! great models and game mechanic 5/5. really enjoy the more realistic female models. would love to see more story and more fetish added in the future. or maybe have an option to added mods girls
  5. 5.00 star(s)

fluxguy

I loved other games like this. And this one is great too. Though i am guessing many people wont like the idea of the MC's girls doing bit with others. But he did say this was a tycoom game. What did you all think the product was?

The other games like slave trainer and othera did the same thing.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

bigdog_69

Excellent game.

Great models.
    Good scenes.
    Mechanics seem a little complex during the tutorial, but they aren't.
    Would love to see more models, with a variety of types.
    Would also like to see more costume choices, and more gradual corruption.
    Other story events/locations would be good.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

guy2front

Great brothel manager with great graphics and animations. The persuasion gameplay is frustrating and really should be changed as it can be manipulated (hint: use wine and stop, rinse, and repeat). Hopefully, more random encounters will be developed. For example when you have a girl with foreplay points working the bar this will que up some special events. If you like brothel managers this is one to check out and follow its development. It has a lot of promise!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Zehkar

Interesting concept, good amount of content for a first release. The gameplay aspect is pretty solidly done as well. Somewhat heavy on the grind though. Overall something I am looking forward to seeing updates for in the near future.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

Mister Boombastic

I think the game has potential. But at this point the gameplay is very repetitive and boring, and there's not a lot of actual management yet.

At least update v0.02 fixed the most important bugs, which makes it possible to level up your girls and progress the game. However, there isn't any real story. The intro looks promising, but after that you're just clicking through the days until you earned enough money to build a new room. And after that you click through the days until you can build the next room.

There aren't enough options to call this a management game. It's mostly just clicking and waiting until you can unlock something new. The only thing that comes close to management is the persuasion of your girls, which I found pretty boring since it's mostly just luck.

Lastly, the use of English is pretty bad. Since it's a 'management' game that isn't as disturbing as it would be in a VN, but it's still annoying. The visuals and the few animations on the other hand are pretty nice. I just hope the dev can make the gameplay a bit more interesting. With more possibilities and less grinding I think this could really become a decent game.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

Genji

WARNING,THIS IS PROSTITUTION GAME.YOUR JOB IS TO TRAIN THE GIRLS TO BECOME A PROSTITUTE AND TO SEE THEM FUCKING AND SERVICE THE CLIENTS.IF YOU DONT LIKE SHARING OR WHORING YOUR GIRLS.PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS.

Alright after I play the game for a while.

Pro:
    -The girl is beautiful and the render is great
    -Game design is good

Cons:
    -Too many bugs and very grindy.
    -Limited choices in the option.Single choice infact.
    -The sandbox system also really problematic with additional grinding for level which make this game hard to play.It takes a long time until one girl leveling up.Sometime she doesnt even level up because of bugs.
    -Need a walkthrough.Its a bit confusing game.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Adaniel

Game have some different sides from other games. There is a lot of bugs but in time this problem will be solved. I think, after game stabilized it is worth to play. I played lots of VN games but this is the most unique game among them.