VN Ren'Py Cocky Me (handmade claymation-style) [Sighbug] [Development Thread]

Sighbug

Game Developer
Jun 28, 2024
Update:

"COCKY ME EP1 Part B" is now available freely

Hope you all enjoy the fruits of my labor.

If you like my work, please consider subscribing to support me.

Changelog of EP1 Part B

• Around 30 minutes of content
  • Newly design armature for Erica and Leah with new appearances
  • Over 3XX photos
  • 3 lewd scenes for Erica
  • 1 lewd scene for Leah
  • Total of 4 sets of stop-motion animations
  • Completion of episode 1
  • Revise some long sentences in Part A

Sighbug

Game Developer
Jun 28, 2024
Update:

Discord Link/Need to talk situation and Schedule Till year's end

First of all.

Here is the Discord link for free member and everyone want to join.

TLDR

-All updates spilt two parts.
-Need time to practice, production pace slow down.
-EP2 Part A would release end of 2024.
-Cocky Me finished end of 2025, next project?
-No subscribers, no fun.

Okay, let’s talk about the current situation.

Due to the slow growth of subscribers, even though I said I don’t mind, it’s still a bit frustrating.
But don’t worry, even if I only have one subscriber left, I will still complete this project.

However, I need to change my strategy.

I’ve decided to split all future updates like EP1 into at least two parts and won’t rush them anymore. I need time for experiments and practice. The main issue with gaining patrons is the visual weakness of the clay puppets, and I need to find a solution.

In summary, the production pace of "Cocky Me" will be slower than EP1. But don’t worry, I will still stay active. Even with this declaration, I still plan to release EP2 Part A by the end of this year

For those who don’t know, the "Cocky Me" has five episodes in total . I originally planned to complete it before next autumn, but I was too optimistic and underestimated the complexity of the production process. Plus, I need to set aside time for experimentation and some IRL stuff, so "Cocky Me" will likely not be finished until the end of next year at the earliest.

As for whether I will continue making visual novel after completing "Cocky Me," to be honest, I’m not sure. I have some story ideas much better than Cocky me. By then, I'll share some concepts for new projects, and whether I produce them will depend on the situation.

Finally, regarding the upcoming work schedule.

Now that EP1 Part B has been released, it’s time to continue production, even though I said I would slow down the pace. I'll focus on finishing the screenplay ofEP2 Part A , aiming to complete it within a month, including translation (since English isn't my first language). After that, I’ll start making the puppets. With two new characters, Martin and Sharon, plus possible new versions of Erica and Leah, I’ll need to create a total of six puppets.

That's it.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: gojira667