Fox1950

Feb 11, 2024
I get an error when I set 1-2 to 0 in the config without any problems.
And also x-ray (v,b) does not work for me, saving also does not work and even in the settings there is no mention of which button the saving is located on
Снимок экрана (17).png Снимок экрана (18).png

Last edited:

unniex

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2020
Added more story and reworked the save system. Screenshots for reference.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Where is the config.ini?
I can find config settings, but doesn't have a change story string.

[main]
; 2 to preload most textures, will crash on lower end machines, removes most stuttering
; 0 to preload no textures, lots of stuttering
preload = 2
Looks like you've downloaded an older version.

It's mostly the lengthy beginning sequence for AW that made me think of it as a M2F game that has a female-start with a substantial narrative difference to the male-start, Those other games don't have anywhere as involved an intro as AW.

This is just a storytelling challenge and one I am not afraid to tackle myself, Especially if it keeps you guys from becoming demoralized by interpreting requests for a female start so negatively.

If I have crossed the threshold for what counts as badgering then this thread is probably a lost cause.
Challenge would be an understatement.
I don't think this would actually work, but here's some documentation. Let me know if you're actually serious about this.
But you should know not to expect me to accommodate for things I can't directly insert into the game. I'm busy enough as is.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mpreg Greg

Feb 3, 2021
Greg would like to be Brutally honest -this game is getting worse with every update. It worked best as a nebulous exploration sim with abstract puzzles. Greg cannot give a single shit about the bland "I AM GIRL NOW?"story about cardboard ass students that has neither meaningful choices nor engaging action. The day events aren't gameplay, they're an unskippable cutscene that only makes the interesting segments of dream scouring disconnected and frustrating to get to.

Mpreg Greg

Feb 3, 2021
I can understand that, though I am in opposite camp and enjoy the school segments as a contrast to the dream world. I just hate the tedium of avoiding the sleeping maze for not having all of your stats constantly topped off.
The Big thing Greg doesn't like about the school is that it's painfully irrelevant to the "game" part of the game, if your choices were, for one actual choices and not just >okay or >okay(reluctant) it would at the very least be engaging, Greg isn't going to ask for the real world to be incorporated into the dream puzzles because lord knows they are bad enough as it is, but right now the temptation to just make a "dream picker mod" is very high

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
Are the "still male" and "gender swap" paths equal content-wise atm? I don't have a particular preference and would be happy with either, so I'm just gonna pick the one with more content, though I guess gender-swapped is more interesting.

SimReaper18

Jan 11, 2019
What exactly is "VM" and "YYC" on the DL page? :unsure:
According to Google, it's a difference in how the GameMaker Studio game is ran. VM means that it runs like Java, in a VM. YYC means that it runs like C++, it is compiled (instead with YoYo Compiler, rather than GCC).

Basically, YYC will perform better than VM, but may have some weird differences that shouldn't really matter that much. Just choose either, but YYC should just be the better option I guess.

unniex

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2020
Greg would like to be Brutally honest -this game is getting worse with every update. It worked best as a nebulous exploration sim with abstract puzzles. Greg cannot give a single shit about the bland "I AM GIRL NOW?"story about cardboard ass students that has neither meaningful choices nor engaging action. The day events aren't gameplay, they're an unskippable cutscene that only makes the interesting segments of dream scouring disconnected and frustrating to get to.
Depressing. I appreciate the honesty I guess, but to call my game cryptic garbage and then to pretend you care about the gameplay is incredibly disingenuous.
Though I disagree on all accounts, clearly a lot of people share your opinion.
I'll refrain from posting unnecessary updates.

SuicideByTaco

Apr 23, 2018
Love the whole gender bend thing here and the skinsuits are pretty interesting as well. Kind of fits with the whole Alice thing. Just needs some polishing and some bug fixes with some more story and scenes; to make it more understandable.

Taboo-Sho

Nov 15, 2018
Depressing. I appreciate the honesty I guess, but to call my game cryptic garbage and then to pretend you care about the gameplay is incredibly disingenuous.
He never said your game was Cryptic garbage, if anyones being disinenuous its you. You are dismissing his criticisms with a hand wave.

Hes right, the school part has no real connection to the dream part right now. The Non-dream life sim parts arent fun.

Mordona

Confused Demoness
Donor
Dec 1, 2017
Fuck people here. You shouldn't use F95 as a litmus test. The only people that speak up are people that want to complain or want their entitled opinion on content they think they are owed because whatever fetish reason isn't met. Make your game as you want. Personally, I like the story. I don't like the complicated randomness that takes hours to hope works out. Maybe I'm the oddball. But I talk to and support a number of devs here and there. Most need to ignore 90% of what's posted here, some ignore everything. But even those that try, have to take only certain posts seriously to survive here.

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
Hes right, the school part has no real connection to the dream part right now. The Non-dream life sim parts arent fun.
Hard disagree on my part. I like the school interactions and I look forward to more. (They provide a nice break from bashing my head against the manner puzzle. lol) I look forward to learning more about the character as well and having all character interactions take place in the dream world probably wouldn't be the best.

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
According to Google, it's a difference in how the GameMaker Studio game is ran. VM means that it runs like Java, in a VM. YYC means that it runs like C++, it is compiled (instead with YoYo Compiler, rather than GCC).

Basically, YYC will perform better than VM, but may have some weird differences that shouldn't really matter that much. Just choose either, but YYC should just be the better option I guess.
I'll just nod my head appreciatively and pretend I understood a fraction of what you said... :p
So, it is the same file/game either way? It just depends on which launcher you use to play it?

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: HikkiG

Ildon

Nov 15, 2017
You're taking a loud minority as being representative of the whole. When it comes to the internet, this is never a good idea, doubly so when it comes to F95.

You will never be able to please everyone, so focus on making the game you want to make. Do what makes you happy. Those who think they can bully devs into accepting their demands will go away to try their luck on some other poor sap, while those who enjoy your work will remain -- a win-win situation all around.

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
I don't mind the story sections but dislike the pacing. You could probably solve a lot of issues for a lot of people by adding some kind of skip or fast forward toggle.

People come into pron games for different reasons but mostly for the pron. However, even in normal games, you really don't want to frontload your game with non-game. Ease into it, let the people who care care, and those who don't skip.

I play a lot of games overall and WANT a good story especially mixed with good gameplay, but sadly most ero games are not that. Secondly, and maybe more importantly, it sucks having a good story and wondering if you're ever going to see the end because the game is potentially years away from being done, if it even is.

Again, I like your game and what's there, but you really should just add skips for it or frontend more gameplay and trickle story til midgame and let the mystery pull things along.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: saviliana

unniex

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2020
I don't mind the story sections but dislike the pacing. You could probably solve a lot of issues for a lot of people by adding some kind of skip or fast forward toggle.

People come into pron games for different reasons but mostly for the pron. However, even in normal games, you really don't want to frontload your game with non-game. Ease into it, let the people who care care, and those who don't skip.

I play a lot of games overall and WANT a good story especially mixed with good gameplay, but sadly most ero games are not that. Secondly, and maybe more importantly, it sucks having a good story and wondering if you're ever going to see the end because the game is potentially years away from being done, if it even is.

Again, I like your game and what's there, but you really should just add skips for it or frontend more gameplay and trickle story til midgame and let the mystery pull things along.

Just my 2 cents.
There's already a way to fast forward conversations. You can literally skip through all story content in under 5 minutes.
There's even a way to disable the narrative altogether, though admittedly that's less obvious.
But there were people complaining that the game needs a save system after an update that said the save system was improved, so I don't fucking know.

3.80 star(s) 21 Votes