josueperez99

Nov 14, 2023
question after you get the slug nightmare ive been unable to go into the right are of the lab it says i have unidentified dna even after all the slugs are gone... is this on purpose? if so any tips on where to look for that puzzle?

If you have the rabbit status, it won't let you pass because of that.

mothulu

Sep 29, 2022
figured it out, there was one last set of slugs i didnt realize were still in their

ps: if you put the ghost jizz in the containers from the level 2 room your no longer blocked off from the control room :)

Dsan

Sep 30, 2018
Fuck man I wish this game was more "accessible". Between crazy criptic puzzles with very little indication of what does what in the drea and constant need for school and unrelenting Life/sanity/whatever the other thing bars draining and hunger and thirst.
The game could reallycould benefit from some cheats

mothulu

Sep 29, 2022
Fuck man I wish this game was more "accessible". Between crazy criptic puzzles with very little indication of what does what in the drea and constant need for school and unrelenting Life/sanity/whatever the other thing bars draining and hunger and thirst.
The game could reallycould benefit from some cheats
the bars are pretty easy to manage i find. go to school and pass time the bars go up. eat breakfast with he girl and the bars will go up. shower and the bars will go up. i found that the red and blue ones are the most important if the green goes down you dont get a nightmare. also wanking trades green for blue.

hope that helps :)

mothulu

Sep 29, 2022
hey sometimes i get stuck in a loop with the dick mosnter and it sends me home before i can really do anything in the lab. would you think about maybe putting a cooldown on it?

Jul 30, 2019
I feel like the game would be a lot more pleasant if interaction boxes were just a bit larger than they are now. Feels like I have to walk the MC into a door, press enter, walk them back, and redo the interaction a lot of the time.

Glad this is still alive and still weird/obtuse as ever, though.

DocterD

Feb 27, 2020
Let me know if you're actually serious about this.
But you should know not to expect me to accommodate for things I can't directly insert into the game. I'm busy enough as is.
I was actually in the early process of writing down all character reactions and dialog alongside a description of the surrounding context before I was forced to attend to several personal matters, If you gave me all the relevant dialog and text in that format I believe I would be able to work with it. Any effort you put in to parse it for basic conventional legibility would help immensely as would any notes on relevant context, I would save the effort for later though if you're not finished with the story/dialog.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ViviX12

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
atm yes, idk if the creator is ever planning to add sound or not. I think some people have commented on wanting sound but it just one person doing this all by themselves so...
I think sound would greatly help things. Sound cues are POWERFUL.

You can usually get good results by taking animal sounds and distorting them in sound-editing software like Audacity.

mothulu

Sep 29, 2022
I made a simple cheat menu patch to make things a bit more bearable. You can apply it to data.win with . This requires the VM version, not YYC.

amazing i can stay in the dream forever and look around even after i get caught by everything like a chump just by lowering the stamina <3

Kurt035

Mar 19, 2019
god this game fucking sucks
no skip for animations
alot of unexplained puzzle mechanics that feel more like the game is just getting soft locked rather than you not knowing what to do
no save either for progress so if you fuck up which is easy to do you gotta restart from the very start
and and extreme lack of tutorials or any idea of what to do thanks for the absolute waste of fucking time

unniex

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2020
god this game fucking sucks
no skip for animations
alot of unexplained puzzle mechanics that feel more like the game is just getting soft locked rather than you not knowing what to do
no save either for progress so if you fuck up which is easy to do you gotta restart from the very start
and and extreme lack of tutorials or any idea of what to do thanks for the absolute waste of fucking time
retard :)

Oh fine, I was actually going to post a patch, but got annoyed.
20240617v3
-Fixed Classic Portrait Crash when interacting with text based objects.
-Interactables were disabled after sleepover until you left the house.
-Hid "green line" in second nightmare.
-Fixed Banshees breaking animation when they trigger it facing left.
-Typos
-Added a title menu
-Free Play and Preload Textures options remove the need for a config.ini
-There's now a "meta" save file that maintains and remember controls and the preload option. Other settings, like framerate caps, are still per save file.

Last edited:

Panzergott1

Mar 9, 2019
Pleasantly surprised stumbling on this game. Got engrossed in it pretty quickly. Art is great, like the writing, enjoy all the little systems. Only minor nitpicks. Mostly things im sure will be tidied up with time.

Stoped playing when after experiencing a second nightmare im essentially softlocked in the lab. Was waking up in mansion but now im waking up in the lab. While the Ghost from Mansion basement locks me in a long animation on sight and theres like 4 of there just camping spots. Even when fully clothed.

Love the game tho and easily going to the top of my watchlist.

durrdurr513

Aug 19, 2021
Hi Unniex.
Played a lot of (all I think, even the board game short which is an absolute pregnancy kink jewel, need more !) versions of this game. Let's be clear (because I see some harsh complains before), I clearly support your work. you're one of the only developper I follow on this forum. I'd like you to continue this game so that's why I comment.

I do love the writing, animations and horrific scenery of your game, but I feel like you are using a very unsuited game engine to make it work like you want to, giving you a hard time. I suppose redoing eveything on something like godo or unreal would be a very time consuming and a depressing move but could give you some support over features you may be having a hard time with (like saving / menu / hud...). But now let's deal with the current one.

Quickly about bugs / comments:
- I noted that sometime the framerate speed break, getting you stuck at normal framerate.
- I also got caught in some "always filled with slug" condition after being caught in the slug nightmare making my character unable to get rid of it, even after a dozen of days. I got it another time and somehow the animation stopped in the middle (I pressed escape, X repeatedly in an attempt to skip)
- It's not obvious that you character start as a male (maybe to add to the first scene along with the skip button)
- You can set the same new name than the previous one, messing up with the script x)

The hud is a bit tedious to use or read but still functionnal. Perhaps you should add a backdrop while menu is open to make it more obvious as it's quite discrete.
Also it's still possible to trigger an action while you press the trigger button and menu is open (like toggling a door opening). The bowel viewer can't be opened, IDK ifit's on purpose as it was in previous version of the game. You definitively need an "equiped" item button, as it's clearly not obvious that you have to open the menu to shoot with the gun.
Maybe someting simple like a red square surrounding the item if you bind the "fast action" button to it.
IDK if it's a design choice or a convenient way to do it for you, but some "key items" like badges, keys etc could be in a special inventory. It would be more convenient to automatically unlock a door once you get the relavant key.

I mean, overall accessibility doesn't match today standards, for sure. That may explain why you get so many complains about it. Perhaps adding some kind of scriped tutorial for saving like "hey, what if I note what hapened today on my journal" and enforce players to save at least once. It could be nice to have explanations about hud values, color code, "time left dots" etc instead of having to figure out by yourself : What is obvious to you (or first players like me) is not at all for newcomers.

About the gameplay, sometimes it's hard to guess what to do, there is a little blinking star on items but not on interractible furnitures like the blender or microwave oven, wich is troublesome as I ended up many times trying to activate an item on something I'm pretty sure have no interraction possible (like big containers).
Also, some actions are very hard to understand. For instance we might expect the coffee mug to be filled in the kitchen (in the lab) but you have to go in the shower instead, it make sense but as it's not the more obvious way to get water you make give up on the idea and feel stuck. Puzzles are indeed pretty hard to figure, but ok it's part of the fun. But giving some challenge so many steps might lost many. Perhaps you should display a hint when you face something that is part of a puzzle, or giving the possiblity to display it or not for the hardcore players.
For instance, in the library you are trapped in a teleport maze. After few of them your character could say "The wall ahead keep on moving away from me. How could I find my way in this maze."

I think the hardest thing to figure is that you may have useless items for a given version of the game, like the color balls. So you never know if what you can ou can't do is supposed to be that way or not. Or if it's a bug, or softlock.
Perhaps you should release a "clear of pending dev" version, like "stable demo" and offer the bleeding edge one only with a warning like "This is an alpha, you will find items that are not usefull yet but might be one day, unfnished zone etc, it's only for curious people." in the "retard" screen ;)

My final suggestion would be to give a bit of polishing on basic features before adding more content. I know we always want to add more content, and I can't disagree as a player to get more. But sometimes it's good to hold on, refactor a bit before you move on.

I know it's still an early release (even if there is clearly a lot of work behind), and it's definitively on the top of my watchlist. Can't wait for more :D

I also suppose you are working alone, but maybe you can (want to ?) delegate some. I don't know if the game engine allow to have multiple developers but if you, I'd be glad to help. Feel free to MP.

mothulu

Sep 29, 2022
You weren't supposed to see that. Ideally, I was hoping to sweep it under.
But, ok, let's talk about the xdelta patch and the extent of damage it did.
What's the point of making these elaborate puzzles when any random cretin can just noclip through walls with a publicly available hack. Why make easter eggs or intricate secrets?
And now I have to somehow find the motivation and force myself to get the forest dream out? Fuck that. When did this become a second job?
And now I guess I have to waste time on deleting wip stuff from all builds as well.
If people want a bearable walking simulator then I don't need to care about gameplay at all.
The majority of supporters seem to be in it for the story anyway.

I get that all that work you did feels like its being thrown out but its not. most people who play a game play it for the experience and IF they cheat its to get past a place they are stuck...

it's also a sign that people want to the content that they cant get to which is a good sign it means people like your game!

also the games still in early states maybe as it develops further we players will understand whats going on better, or they're will be people help each other figure stuff out. but for the moment its sort of hard to know if youve found all the accessable content or not. when i used the cheat it helped me find out that there isnt much more for me to do yet (until whenever your able to update if decide to :) )

3.80 star(s) 21 Votes